Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vince Young: "this is my house!"

ComstockLode

Waterboy
Saw the replay after the TD, and these were the words out of his mouth....

Thank you texans front office. No matter what team he played for....it became his house.

Also from Al Michaels posing as a texans fan: "if i were a Texans fans I would be asking what the hell is our management doing."

After what Vince did today and what Reggie did tonight, it's a bad day for the Texans.

Not to mention during the LSU/Texas basketball broadcast on ESPN tonight, Dick Vitale said about 10 times "what were the Texans thinking? They could have had Vince Young or Reggie Bush!!"

i don't wanna be hated on this one, but i think its time for everyone to realize that the texans made a big big mistake, but im still gonna support them, but please dont do it again

as of right now i realize that it was a mistake, and bush or vince would of been a better choice

GO TEXANS

i hope i can regret what i just said in the next couple years, but as of right now it was a big big big big mistake

I feel sorry for Texans fans. It's not you guys' fault. You don't make these decisions. You pay people to make these decisions.

I really wish it was better for you guys, I do.

eh.. there isnt a team in the league that cant look back and say "Boy we really screwed the pooch by not taking that guy"..

It happens. The only reason that its a "big deal" with VY is because he was a Houston guy and the UT fans have to wear loose pants when they watch him play.

It will pass when we start winning... here is what we need to do.

1) Draft a young QB for Kubiak to groom
2) Sign another good Olineman and draft a couple more
3) Get a FS to help out our struggling CBs
4) Trade David Carr as soon as we feel our rookie can take the reins
5) Get Mario some help on the Dline.
6) Re-sign our young star players.

That should be our strategy coming into the offseason, and into next year.

Titan "Tack" Fan;531573 said:
I feel sorry for Texans fans. It's not you guys' fault. You don't make these decisions. You pay people to make these decisions.

I really wish it was better for you guys, I do.

In one form or another, so do we.

eh.. there isnt a team in the league that cant look back and say "Boy we really screwed the pooch by not taking that guy"..

It happens. The only reason that its a "big deal" with VY is because he was a Houston guy and the UT fans have to wear loose pants when they watch him play.

Or:

1. Dont resign david carr
2. Draft vince young

Then our team is automatically much better, but here is the next step IMO:

1. Draft Adrian Peterson
2. Sign O-linemen
3. Sign free agent QB
4. Sign DT's/draft a DT
5. Find competent safeties

What you are missing is: It isnt like passing on any player....this is the biggest miss for two reasons both I am sure of:

1. Vince young will win championships
2. He plays for the titans who left houston.

When I saw Young say that...the rage ran through me. I dont care where he was born or where he played college football for a team that plays mostly crappy teams all season, if you are not in a Texans uniform...it isn't your house. Him saying that made me hate him...i took offense. I didnt want Vince at the draft and I still dont want him now.

I still would take Bush.

Dude, it's not going to pass until VY retires or is out of the league for whatever reason. There won't be another VY coming around the corner anytime soon. I don't care who we end up with. This team royally effed up and so many of us fans were screaming this BEFORE they did it. I firmly believe the Texans would be where the Titans are right now if they would have drafted VY. Titans players saying that his vibe and attitude just makes them all want to run through a wall says it all. I am not convinced the Titans are that much more talented than the Texans. You saw what they looked like without VY, pathetic.

I need a puking smilie.

Or:

1. Dont resign david carr
2. Draft vince young

Then our team is automatically much better, but here is the next step IMO:

1. Draft Adrian Peterson
2. Sign O-linemen
3. Sign free agent QB
4. Sign DT's/draft a DT
5. Find competent safeties

While you are back there in last season's draft, buy me some google stock. Oh, and then go back and introduce your parents to condoms.

As for your keys to success. We are rebuilding, we arent trying to get those last couple wins to make it to the playoffs. We need to draft our key players so that we arent rebuilding again in 3 - 4 years.

I'm sick of hearing what our FO wouda,couda, shoudda did. They made a pick that they thought was what we needed and I for one agree. Just becuz the guy is not having a pro-bowl year doesn't make the pick a bad one. It's so easy for people, fans,media to say how stupid we were to take Mario, but these are the same people who base their opinions solely on stats and personal feelings. Don't get me wrong, VY is on a good roll and RB is starting to come around, but our pick is going to have his time to shine. It might not happen until we are a complete team but it will happen. Once we get a stud DT or maybe 2, Mario is going to be a stud. He can't do it all by himself but with legit linemen by his side, I have no doubt he will be what we expect him to be. Just my opinion,tho.

As for your keys to success. We are rebuilding, we arent trying to get those last couple wins to make it to the playoffs. We need to draft our key players so that we arent rebuilding again in 3 - 4 years.

You can only play the rebuilding card for so long. Look at the Titans, Jets, and Saints. The Texans can't be rebuilding cause they don't have anything to "rebuild."

I would say the Texans are still "building."

VY is who we thought he was !! You wanna crown him ! CROWN HIS ASS ! :D

Really though , I give his props . he did what I figured he was gonna do . Hes good . He was the man today ! Now though , I must become a Vince Hater . I was neutral on him before this but now ....... I can no longer like the guy . I'm not being a sore loser , I'm just being a true Texan fan , and that's hard to do right about now . I will not give up on my team .

Titan "Tack" Fan;531613 said:
You can only play the rebuilding card for so long. Look at the Titans, Jets, and Saints. The Texans can't be rebuilding cause they don't have anything to "rebuild."

I would say the Texans are still "building."

Well yah we are still "building" :D.

Its more "rebuilding" to us because our past coaching staff tried to pass off this team as built in thier final year.. we were expecting at least an 8-8 season and ended up 2-14.

So, to us its "rebuilding" because we are undoing all the mistakes of the past staff, and trying to fix it.

I'm sick of hearing what our FO wouda,couda, shoudda did. They made a pick that they thought was what we needed and I for one agree. Just becuz the guy is not having a pro-bowl year doesn't make the pick a bad one. It's so easy for people, fans,media to say how stupid we were to take Mario, but these are the same people who base their opinions solely on stats and personal feelings. Don't get me wrong, VY is on a good roll and RB is starting to come around, but our pick is going to have his time to shine. It might not happen until we are a complete team but it will happen. Once we get a stud DT or maybe 2, Mario is going to be a stud. He can't do it all by himself but with legit linemen by his side, I have no doubt he will be what we expect him to be. Just my opinion,tho.

Mario Williams at his best, which in my opinion will be a slightly above average DE, will never amount to anything that VY or RB will be.

Saying anything other, is blind homerism.

When I saw Young say that...the rage ran through me. I dont care where he was born or where he played college football for a team that plays mostly crappy teams all season, if you are not in a Texans uniform...it isn't your house. Him saying that made me hate him...i took offense. I didnt want Vince at the draft and I still dont want him now.

I still would take Bush.

He IS a Texan. He grew up less than 6 miles from the stadium/astrodome.

If anything, HE IS A TEXAN, not Californian Carr.

Remember... VINCE>USCalifornia.

:yes:

I wouldn't count on that, you know the Titans are in our division right?

While you are back there in last season's draft, buy me some google stock. Oh, and then go back and introduce your parents to condoms.

Exactly...the New Orleans Saints had the number 2 pick last year and they are still rebuilding...oh wait

Well the Tennessee Titans just ran off their longtime QB, it will take awhile for them to come close to beating the division leaders, the Colts...oh nevermind

I think we need to give Carr at least a decade to prove himself. It's not fair to him to let him go before that. Afterall he is playing for the minimum wage, he deserves that much. :ok:

He IS a Texan. He grew up less than 6 miles from the stadium/astrodome.

If anything, HE IS A TEXAN, not Californian Carr.

Remember... VINCE>USCalifornia.

:yes:

Again. I don't care where he grew up. Mr and Mrs Young could of conceived him in the Bull Pen for all I care. He may be a texan...but he is not a Texan. It's not his house and I can not wait till next year for a shot to knock his burnt orange ass out.

Nothing says reasonable and educated person like thick sarcasm. (hah.. irony?)

anyway

I wouldn't count on that, you know the Titans are in our division right?

Yes, but if we werent struggling at QB, we wouldnt care about VY. Give us our own VY and it will go back to the way it was, with just a few UT homers whining about how they wanted thier man-crush in steel blue, and they are gonna take thier toys and go to tennessee if we dont draft <insert latest UT star>.

Exactly...the New Orleans Saints had the number 2 pick last year and they are still rebuilding...oh wait

And that number 2 pick has been responsible for what, 1 win? maybe 2.. i dunno.. whatever the case.. thier status this year is 99% due to Drew Brees, Marques Colston, thier new head coach, and having an established team with established depth. The Saints had a huge offseason.. Bush has been a footnote up to now.

Well the Tennessee Titans just ran off their longtime QB, it will take awhile for them to come close to beating the division leaders, the Colts...oh nevermind

Yes.. props to them for picking VY, and turning Travis Henry into a solid back. I have no idea how they are winning games with thier talent, but they are doing it. Maybe VY has a lot to do with it, I dunno. Either way.. im not sure what your point is with this comment.

I think we need to give Carr at least a decade to prove himself. It's not fair to him to let him go before that. Afterall he is playing for the minimum wage, he deserves that much.

Is this intended to be funny? Cause i dont know of anyone who would actually laugh at that. It certainly wasnt constructive criticism.. so it must be you just showing your ass. Congrats on being a jerk.

Anyone notice the time VY had in the pocket much of today? What am I thinking, that would require people to stop gushing over Vince and acctually watch the game....anyway, maybe, and this might be a strech, consistantly getting time to throw deep and open up holes for the running game would be a more realitic way to help the team then builing a time machine and going back to April 24th...just saying.... build a damn O-line and give your QB, whoever it is, time to throw the ball!

Anyone else see the irony that DC's first pass attempt as a Texan was a bomb downfield and first completion a TD over the middle to a TE?

i don't wanna be hated on this one, but i think its time for everyone to realize that the texans made a big big mistake, but im still gonna support them, but please dont do it again

as of right now i realize that it was a mistake, and bush or vince would of been a better choice

GO TEXANS

how so? because we don't have reggie "1 td" bush until tthe last 2 weeks? we don't have vince "i can only play in the 4th quarter" young? we got mario williams. he's a solid young linemen who's had flashes of brilliance but has a nagging injury. coem back in 3 years when young is the next michael vick, bush is the next westrbook and williams is the next peppers, then you can say was a mistake.

What you are missing is: It isnt like passing on any player....this is the biggest miss for two reasons both I am sure of:

1. Vince young will win championships
2. He plays for the titans who left houston.

VY will never win a championship. that's a fact. his playbook is a coloring book for crying out loud.

Grid, you admitted in another thread that you didn't know who Vince Young was until draft preparation time. That's pretty pathetic. Obviously you care nothing about college so stop criticizing people for liking Young.

Honestly, why would a Houston native be a Texans fan? What have the Texans done to deserve it?

All the old Oilers became Titans. The Houston Oilers ARE the Tennessee Titans. Vince Young, Texas biggest star, plays for the Titans.

Which is why half of Houston will be Titans fans for the next 15 years. So much for a home field advantage.

VY will never win a championship. that's a fact. his playbook is a coloring book for crying out loud.

Vince Young has won a championship at every level hes played on. He has absorbed a Norm Chow playbook that is as demanding as they come. And last but not least, its still football, where straight up athleticism reigns supreme.

Yes, but if we werent struggling at QB, we wouldnt care about VY. Give us our own VY and it will go back to the way it was, with just a few UT homers whining about how they wanted thier man-crush in steel blue, and they are gonna take thier toys and go to tennessee if we dont draft <insert latest UT star>.

You still don't get it. Our own VY? Good luck finding another one of those.

If this is true then:

1. Vince Young beats the texans learning from a coloring book.
2. Vince Young has beaten the colts with a coloring book more times than the texans have.
3. Vince Young won a national championship with a coloring book.

Maybe if he had a cool playbook he could learn to checkdown on every single play and have a 70 percent completion percentage while losing 90 percent of his games....

How about this.

I would rather have one competitive season and have to rebuild for three years, then build for five years straight. And while I am introducing my parents to condoms, maybe someone could introduce you the basics of football 101. Maybe football for dummies. Maybe even to what is called the lower levels of football. Maybe even how to evaluate talent.

Most importantly, maybe someone could explain to you the definitions of the words competitive and winning. Maybe you could talk to vince and his coloring books and he could draw you a picture of what it looks like.

Hey, you're the one getting a stiffy for pointless statistics. The only statistic that counts is the "W".

i agree, the w is what matters, but the previous poster stated there will never be another like vince, and the fact of teh matetr is, yes, there will be, and god willing, he won't be a texan.

i agree, the w is what matters, but the previous poster stated there will never be another like vince, and the fact of teh matetr is, yes, there will be, and god willing, he won't be a texan.

Tell you what. Why don't you hold your breath and wait for the next Vince Young to hit the league?

Tell you what. Why don't you hold your breath and wait for the next Vince Young to hit the league?

you mean the next qb that has a losing record? one who averages 130 ypg? one who plays so-so but his moronic fanbase treat him as a god? well shoot, there are plenty. that was easy

Grid, you admitted in another thread that you didn't know who Vince Young was until draft preparation time. That's pretty pathetic. Obviously you care nothing about college so stop criticizing people for liking Young.

Honestly, why would a Houston native be a Texans fan? What have the Texans done to deserve it?

All the old Oilers became Titans. The Houston Oilers ARE the Tennessee Titans. Vince Young, Texas biggest star, plays for the Titans.

Which is why half of Houston will be Titans fans for the next 15 years. So much for a home field advantage.

Shader, you dont have to be a Texans fan. If you dont feel that they deserve your "fandom" then dont be a fan.. but get off the board. This is for Texans fans, and if all you are here to do is be disrespectul and troll, then you arent welcome.

I would rather have one competitive season and have to rebuild for three years, then build for five years straight.

I dont think you are alone in that one champ. Here is another profound thought, id rather be a millionaire than homeless.

I know what point you were trying to make though.. win now, rebuild afterwards. Sorry but that kind of logic doesnt float in the long term. Its like getting a flat tire then driving around for 6 months on a donut. It may save you some money, but you will regret it in the long run.

Basicly.. they will lose more fans in the long run if they win for one season, then have to go through 5 more years of rebuilding.. spend a year or two on it now, and then win for 5.. and you will gain your fanbase back, and some lifelong fans in the process.

Toughen up suzy, its gonna be a long winter.

That is just stating fact :D:stirpot:

If you have a forest fire, and you burn down part of the forest to rob the wildfire of fuel.. are you an arsonist?

Look, I understand that you guys are that post more religiously on this board are tired of the same rehashed stuff over and over.

I get that.

But call a spade a spade.

David Carr is not a winner with the texans. Some people just win games. No matter what happens, when you watch certain players you are surprised when they dont do something special. Vince is one of those guys. I saw it when he was in high school. I saw it when he was in college. When he recently had a bad game and cost the titans a game tears came into his eyes, and vowed that he would never play like that again, and how terrible he felt to let the team down.

He has that drive to win. Nothing else matters to him. You saw it in elway, montana, and most recently in tom brady. The attitude is what makes him special, and that is something I was looking forward to having in a texan uniform. An attitude that expects to win no matter the circumstances.

Until the attitudes change in the lockerroom and on the field, we will never get there.

Steve McKinney is the biggest example of this. Listening to him talk is a joke. He isnt in the NFL to win championships, he is in it to collect a paycheck and put forth some effort.

IMHO Mario was not a bad pick....just not good enough to be the first overall pick of the draft. I think the frustration comes from knowing that of all the options open to any team with the #1 pick, we chose a guy who may one day be good, but can never possibly live up to the #1 overall pick. There are many, myself included who believe that Vince or Reggie could have been that player.

You're the Texans. You've got options to draft Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart or D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Mario Williams should be down at about #5 on your draft boards. You have the top selection at the top of round 2 and the top 2 of round 3 so you have options to draft a lot of help on defense to rebuild. There are teams clammering to trade up to the #1 spot for a shot at Reggie Bush, as was displayed when he was passed up. Why do you sit at #1 and pay the top money in the draft when you could have traded down, got additional picks and still got him and paid him less? This has to go down as one of the worst draft day decisons of all time. This is probably worse than trading 2nd and 3rd round draft choices for Philip Buchanon. If you can't see that you need a new front office, then you're dellusional

GO TEXANS

The Texans did not make a mistake. VY won how many?.......7 games? Wow, should we send him to Canton now?

You're the Texans. You've got options to draft Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart or D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Mario Williams should be down at about #5 on your draft boards. You have the top selection at the top of round 2 and the top 2 of round 3 so you have options to draft a lot of help on defense to rebuild. There are teams clammering to trade up to the #1 spot for a shot at Reggie Bush, as was displayed when he was passed up. Why do you sit at #1 and pay the top money in the draft when you could have traded down, got additional picks and still got him and paid him less? This has to go down as one of the worst draft day decisons of all time. This is probably worse than trading 2nd and 3rd round draft choices for Philip Buchanon. If you can't see that you need a new front office, then you're dellusional

You don't understand what the situation was. The Texans wanted to trade down and tried repeatedly. The largest fan base last offseason for the Texans also wanted a trade down. I wanted it REALLY BAD. They tried and tried to do that. The offers were rediculous. They tried to get somebody to offer what that pick was worth, and tried some more. Finally, the last team in a position to want it enough to offer enough (Jets) refused to even talk anymore. The trade possiblity was over.

Now, moving on to the actual draft, I DID NOT want to take Williams #1 overall. I agree with you there. He's a good player and he'll be great (relatively speaking), but he wasn't worth passing VY and RB, not to mention Leinart. I still have some remaining doubts (however small) about Bush--he's the greatest slot receiver EVER (by a long distance), but, well, you see the running back numbers. It depends on how you look at it with him. I've defended Carr many times (although I won't bother anymore), but they were stupid for giving Carr that extension, especially when they had VY begging them to come to Houston.

Mostly, I wish that trade down could've happened, but it just wasn't there.

You don't understand what the situation was. The Texans wanted to trade down and tried repeatedly. The largest fan base last offseason for the Texans also wanted a trade down. I wanted it REALLY BAD. They tried and tried to do that. The offers were rediculous. They tried to get somebody to offer what that pick was worth, and tried some more. Finally, the last team in a position to want it enough to offer enough (Jets) refused to even talk anymore. The trade possiblity was over.

Now, moving on to the actual draft, I DID NOT want to take Williams #1 overall. I agree with you there. He's a good player and he'll be great (relatively speaking), but he wasn't worth passing VY and RB, not to mention Leinart. I still have some remaining doubts (however small) about Bush--he's the greatest slot receiver EVER (by a long distance), but, well, you see the running back numbers. It depends on how you look at it with him. I've defended Carr many times (although I won't bother anymore), but they were stupid for giving Carr that extension, especially when they had VY begging them to come to Houston.

Mostly, I wish that trade down could've happened, but it just wasn't there.

I wonder if Troy Smith will be available when the Texans pick in the draft this coming year?

its his house and the texans organiztion is his personal biatch. vy is the man and all the haters on the message board should bow down after yesterday

Back