Vince Young is broke and out of work

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by stingray, Sep 19, 2012.

1. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

2. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Well...Reggie suddenly learned how to play RB, maybe VY can suddenly learn to play QB?

3. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if Vince can dance? Perhaps he could audition for Dancing With the Stars.:elmo:

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

$26 million is more than almost anyone will make in a lifetime. It's the equivalent of being paid $600k a year for your entire working life. How can you blow that so fast? That's insane.

As to his spending, I once saw him buying some bling at a local jewelry shop. His stuff wasn't as bad as what tank Johnson was buying but it was still fairly insanely expensive

5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

6. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I can't say anything bad about him right now. Yeah, a fool and his money and all, but I feel for him because of the financial deceleration trauma he's getting ready to experience. :D

7. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I don't think all of his money was wasted in the typical fashion. 17.5 million is a lot to have disappear on anyone.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/vince-young-sues-former-agent-financial-manager-over-2398410.html

8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I dont feel sorry for VY. It was his decision to get in bed with a guy like Adams. Is Reliant still VY/Fanboys house?

Wonder if VY would be willing to either bulk up and become a TE? Or become a WR? Making some $$$$ is better than making none.

On second thought I couldn't see VY's ego letting him make a position change. So, broke he will be.

9. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I don't have enough information to assess blame. Based on the lawsuit it appear the his advisor could have done business similar to Allen Stanford or Bernie Madoff. It's one thing to squander money, yet another to be wiped out by someone you trust steal from you.

10. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Good. I'm GLAD he's broke. He's worthless and he's a loser.

How anyone could have the God-given talents he has and COMPLETELY blow them AND the MILLIONS of dollars he got just for being a top draft pick is ****ing beyond me.

**** him.

11. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Just got back from Clearwater, Fl and as I was finished checking in and walking up to to my room, who do I see? VY himself. It was Sunday and I was sporting my Texans t-shirt, I'm sure he was praying I would leave him be, which I did. My wife spotted him later at the beach also, hanging with his fam and enjoying his Sunday like the rest of us shmoes with no NFL gig.

12. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Since VY is from Houston, he probably would have been gracious. The fact that the Texans didn't draft him has probably worn off by now. There are a number of pro athletes that were drafted to a team, but still a long time fan of another except when they play each other.

13. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

You weren't watching the Texans game?? You were in Florida. You could have rode up to Jax with me. ;)

14. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Some times you have to love the Texans fanbase. Still butthurt over VY and Reggie, hate Mario now because he's with a different team, wish nothing but bad things for every ex-Texan who isn't named DeMeco.

:toropalm:

15. Fred

Fred All Pro

Hopefully he saved a couple of empty Tequila bottles so he can remember the good times.

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Personally I have no issue with any of those guys, not even Vince.

However the VY fanboys STILL making ridiculous excuses for him and STILL hating the Texans for not drafting him annoy me to no end. So Vince failing only makes them look more stupid than they already are.

Also, VY's ego and non willingness to work put him where he is. So no I do not feel sorry for him.

Wolf likes this.
  17. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

18. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

First, I don't think the "hating" of players who move on is limited to the Texans fanbase by any stretch of the imagination. I view that as within the confines of the game of football, and not extending to the personal life of the players involved. It may not be the most mature, logical position to take, but we are talking about football fans here.

In terms wishing ill personally on VY, I like to think that's one seriously misguided poster and not a representation of the Texans fanbase as a whole.

19. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

So how exactly is VY supposed to know that his agent and financial adviser were going to be thieves? I don't see how you could not feel sorry for him if he was genuinely a victim of these guys. There are millions of people out there who have been effected by guys like Madoff, Stanford, etc, and it's not the customer's fault.

20. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Taking an active interest in your finances and questioning how it is being used.

And if you have any concerns, having a third party review your books.

Goldensilence likes this.