Vikings bench McNabb

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by J_R, Oct 18, 2011.

1. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

The end is near(here?).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-donovan-mcnabb-christian-ponder-will-start/

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

its about time the Joe Barry Carroll of football hits the bench.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

:spit:
    MSR

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I've had the chance to watch a bit of a couple Vikings games. I don't think he fully understands the playbook, but he's not completely to blame. His WR's are doing him no favors at all. The Oline seems to brain fart as a unit at times, totally missing assignments.

This might be an upgrade if Ponder has a better undterstanding of the playbook. If not, don't expect a whole lot to change

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Friend of mine is a Viking fan..

he blasts them every chance he gets for not preparing a QB until they are in the train wreck that they are in now. He doesn't know why they were in love with T-Jack and why they didn't find another QB to groom a few years ago

6. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I went to the back to back games he played in Dallas year before last (end of season and first playoff game). I felt then that he was done as a star QB and was surprised when Washington signed him, but not surprised at the results. The same held true for the time he has been QB for the Vikings.

7. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Ehh..he could still win in this league, he's just clearly past the point of elevating those around him like he did in Philly. He needs tremendous talent around him to be effective these days & obviously he ain't got that in Minny.

8. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

AD isn't tremendous talent? I don't think Percy Harvin and Jared Allen are average either. Two years ago they were close to making it to the Super Bowl, of course, current QB wasn't on the team.

9. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

McNabbs best years are far behind him and he's just collecting retirement paychecks now. His heart doesn't seem to be in the game anymore and I'm actually surprised Minnesota picked him up after the terrible year he had in Washington where it was pretty obvious he was done.