Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Typical John McClain

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/mcclain/5127629.html

Close your eyes for a second, and imagine the voice of the Texans, Marc Vandermeer, describing what he's just witnessed at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday.

"Let me recap what's just happened. Delhomme is still down. He doesn't appear to be seriously injured even though Mario Williams just blindsided him. Delhomme went down like he was hit by a Lamborghini. I can't believe he was able to hold the ball. You could tell Mario was looking for that second TD that would have given him one more than Vince Young and two more than Reggie Bush.
"OK, Delhomme is getting up. Let's see if he can shake it off. No, he's limping. Now the trainer and one of his teammates are helping him off. We can't tell if it's his ankle, knee or groin. I've got the binoculars on him. I'm no doctor, but I don't think we're going to see Jake Delhomme the rest of the day. Oh, my God, you know what that means ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!"

I am a McClain fan. Sorry if I am in the minority. But I remember thinking McClain was on crack when he swore the Eagles would burn a 2nd rounder on Kolb.

I met him earlier this year at Bob Seger. I even had on my Cowboys jersey (F.U.! It pays homage to my buddy who died a couple of years ago) and he didn't laugh at me. He was very nice.

I am a McClain fan. Sorry if I am in the minority. But I remember thinking McClain was on crack when he swore the Eagles would burn a 2nd rounder on Kolb.

I met him earlier this year at Bob Seger. I even had on my Cowboys jersey (F.U.! It pays homage to my buddy who died a couple of years ago) and he didn't laugh at me. He was very nice.

my best friend died back in early '02 and he never got to see the Texans other than the helmet. he was an Oilers then Titans fan and I still have his Jevon Kearse jersey to this day. I wear it to stuff like our fantasy football draft and sometimes some of our NFL viewing parties at the local pub to pay homage to him and to bring a little piece of him with me. God bless your friend whether he was Cowboys or Titans fan.

i'm assuming you say that because you haven't listened to him on the radio. dude's a mouthbreather. his huffing and puffing almost blew out my headphones.

Anyone would be a mouth breather if they were as fat as he is. If you're obese, you're gonna huff and puff.

Fatso even takes a swipe at our friends from Austin:

• "I live in Austin, and I couldn't watch the Texans beat Carr, but, man, what a game it must have been. The moron who runs our affiliate thinks more fans want to see Vince Young than the Texans. I don't care if Vince gets twice the ratings here; the fact is that Vince plays for a Tennessee team, and the Texans are a Texas team, and it just ain't right. Can't you do something?"

Frankly I'd love to see Carr come in and be the "meat" in a Mario Williams--other Texan Defensive Lineman sandwich.

Ring Carr's bell and bring in the Panthers "Emergency QB"

I am ok with McClain, to me he comes across more like the average fan except with good industry connections. It may not be professional for him to flip flop as much as he does since it puts him on the same level with a lot of fans on this board that jump on and off the band wagon so often.

I've listened to McClain for a long time and can tell you he's like most of us,
certainly including myself, when I say he's lost some snap in the mental department over the years. In other words the lucidity, recall, etc. traits fade in & out for him as he moves from topic to topic, day to day.
But McClain never was much of a journalist. Put another way, his writing skills are just kinda undeveloped and whenever he writes something its so sprinkled with cliches I often wonder if he's capable of an origional thought ?
But he can tell some good stories on certain days when his memory is tuned in and that's when he's at his best. And he can be downright funny on occasssion.
Right now, I'm really intrigued by his relationship with Anna-Megan ? Her skills as a journalist are also kinda dubious, but for different reasons, so I'm not sure why he keeps her around ? I mean sure, she is IMO a very attractive young woman and that alone would be a dang good reason. But does he think she adds to his own "act", or does he honestly want to be her sponser to a larger career in their field, or is it for more non-Professional reasons ?

my best friend died back in early '02 and he never got to see the Texans other than the helmet. he was an Oilers then Titans fan and I still have his Jevon Kearse jersey to this day. I wear it to stuff like our fantasy football draft and sometimes some of our NFL viewing parties at the local pub to pay homage to him and to bring a little piece of him with me. God bless your friend whether he was Cowboys or Titans fan.

Thank you. That means alot to me. He and I were Cowboy fans as kids but I jumped off when Jerrah took over. He always had something Cowboys on. Once he went to pick up a repaired vcr for me. The clerk called to verify it was okay to give it to him. I said,"Yeah...he's a goofy lookin' blonde guy and probably wearing some retarded cowboys jersey." The clerk said "Yeah, thats him and laughed." I miss him everyday. Especially now when I am at a point where I can afford the things I can. He would have come to every Texans game with me and cheered for them, too. Of course he'd be doing it in cowboys gear...lol

Nunusguy... I am sure Mr. McClain would be flattered to know you think he could be hitting little Miss AM. I personally find her annoying, but if she could keep quiet....

I like the article....I don't have anything against McClan, and everything he said, are all the various things people will be talking about!

I'm kinda tired of McClain . I try to listen to his shows but the only thing I learn is ... The Last Confederate will be shown Tuesday . Vince Papale's a great guy . John's reading a script because his buddy something Hancock who's brother played at Baylor , wants him in his movie . Bo Eason's little boy wore a Mario jersey and will wear it again for good luck Sunday .

Well this is John McClain and ( in a woman's voice ) I'm Ana Megan , this has been the NFL hour with the General .... I miss Joel Buschbaum ... badly .

i'm assuming you say that because you haven't listened to him on the radio. dude's a mouthbreather. his huffing and puffing almost blew out my headphones.

You should be nice. Walruses are an endangered species, y'know!

Odobenus_rosmarus,_Walrus,I_DL971.jpg

:user: I am the eggman, goo goo g'joob

Right now, I'm really intrigued by his relationship with Anna-Megan ?

Why do you question it?

John has always worked with younger journalist to help their careers.

No, I am not John McClane.

I have had issues with John through the years but you need to look at what he has done for ex-Houston players getting into the Hall Of Fame, all his work on getting us a Super Bowl and his work with the Texas Football Hall of Fame, as well as the other people he has helped.

I have realized that you don't have to agree with someone or even like him(I have since learned to like him) to respect him.

That's because Johnny Mac worships 3 things Dallas Cowbabies, Tennessee Titans and Mancrush Vince Young...he is a sad little man.

Just a good thing you not wearing a Texans jersey

I have a hard time not liking John McClane. I know he can flip flop or whatever but he is good folk the way I see it. Here is what I know. I know that when he comes on the air, I will hear alot of NFL talk and not ramblings on celebs and calls from morons..(OK, some celeb and movie info with Anna Megan)CHECK. I know that when he talks or breathes or whatever I'll get some interesting stories and some inside info about pro football...CHECK. I know that he goes out of his way to help guys like Matthews and other guys and seems to genuinely care about people he works with and around. CHECK. So overall I may not like all the stuff he says and sometimes it is off in lala land but I think he is a good man who really goes out of his way to give people info and to help. I can't say that I think that about many sportswriters/radio people.

Wow - making fun of him because he's fat, and pictures of Jabba the Hut. You guys are really classy.

You realize you look like a bunch of idiotic third graders when you do stupid stuff like that, right? If you don't like the guy - I'm sure you have several legit reasons why... instead - "he's obese."

Morons.

Wow - making fun of him because he's fat, and pictures of Jabba the Hut. You guys are really classy.

You realize you look like a bunch of idiotic third graders when you do stupid stuff like that, right? If you don't like the guy - I'm sure you have several legit reasons why... instead - "he's obese."

Morons.

Lighten up francis.

There is a history of folks and John McClain that I guess you are unaware of, including him calling Texans fans losers so they can make fun of him in what ever way they chose and it does not make them morons. Not very tactful, maybe.

You calling anyone a moron is doing just what you blasted them for doing.

How classy is that?

Wow - making fun of him because he's fat, and pictures of Jabba the Hut.

YOU assume the walrus was brought up because of his weight.

Have you ever heard him talk? He sounds like the mating call of the mighty walrus.

Dieharder next time, man.

Good God - calm down. I guess I should never expect less from an internet message board.

I've heard him on the radio... yeah - he's um... not a radio guy. I absolutely, positively agree that he shouldn't be on the radio - and his partner is worse... I just didn't get why you guys immediately go after his weight, rather than make some kind of informed comments on why you think he's so terrible... but then I realized I was on an internet message board, and I saw the light. LOL

It's not a big deal.

If it's not a big deal, then why get emotional about it? idonno:

DiehardChris said:
...a bunch of idiotic third graders when you do stupid stuff like that...

Morons.

No big deal to you. Riiiiiiiight. :ok:

John McClain said:
Come on now, admit it. You're like me, and you'd love to see Delhomme suffer a minor injury, an injury just serious enough to force him out of Sunday's game against the Texans.

-------------------------

Geez, imagine the intensity level being turned up a couple of notches if David Carr comes off the bench against his former team. What a story. Carr comes in to lead the Panthers to a victory over the Texans.

This is a stupid article, IMO, and there's not much to talk about. He wishes injury on a player, acts like we all agree, and then goes on to wax poetically about a QB that he had nothing but vile and venom for when he was a Houston Texan. Plus, McClain still hasn't gotten over his man-crush on Vince Young.

McClain dishes it out as much as he takes it. He's a big boy (not talking size here, but mentality), so he can take care of himself. Besides, his weight issue is due to his laziness, as a person and as a journalist. It's fair game when he has no problem questioning the work ethic and other personal issues of players. Why should he be held to a different standard?

hypocrite!

it's not my fault he's spent all of his time jamming hoo-hoo bars into his facehole. but it is fecking disgusting to hear them clogging up his respiratory system. especially while it sounds like he is hovering over anna megan shoulder. i listened to him ONCE and about once a minute he would say something about her being his queen...

"gurg...mmm..slop...uh...anna megan if you're my queen what does that make me? gurgle...mm..the king?"

"uh, no john"

"alright i guess i'm just the servant...mmm..glop...breathing"

times a 45 minute program.

be honest man, no third grader has burns like us, we're way above them...i'm currently working on my 2nd degree black belt burninating...

great post
great signature

I'm not emotional in the slightest. I'm typing words onto a computer.

Anyway, I just disagreed with the tactics... I admit it's a little hypocritical to name-call, so I apologize for that.

Can we just go back to being friends now?

KJ3 - I grew up in Spring, by the way. Went to Klein High School. Lived in Memorial Northwest over by Louetta/Champions Forest Drive. Are you anywhere around there?

Lighten up francis.

There is a history of folks and John McClain that I guess you are unaware of, including him calling Texans fans losers ...........

You may be thinking of Jerome "KONG" Solomon when he was trying to get attention when his readership decreased because of his mindless drivel and stories that can't stay on topic or make any point other than "stirring the pot".

I say we demand McClain go immediately and bring in someone intelligent like Woody Page or Kevin Blackistone. </sarcasm>

John is no Grantland Rice I admit, but i do think he's better than most NFL writers I have read. He's been on the Schaub bandwagon since the start, which tells me how much he thought of Carr. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't wishing for Carr to beat us in that post. He was just saying it would be a great story if Carr came in, whether we win or lose.

<i> Geez, imagine the intensity level being turned up a couple of notches if David Carr comes off the bench against his former team. What a story. Carr comes in to lead the Panthers to a victory over the Texans.</i>

You kinda left the next line "Or Carr comes in and loses to the team that made him the first pick in the 2002 draft." off. Oops.

Right now, I'm really intrigued by his relationship with Anna-Megan ? Her skills as a journalist are also kinda dubious, but for different reasons, so I'm not sure why he keeps her around ? I mean sure, she is IMO a very attractive young woman and that alone would be a dang good reason. But does he think she adds to his own "act", or does he honestly want to be her sponser to a larger career in their field, or is it for more non-Professional reasons ?

I almost posted something along these same lines a few weeks ago.

She is attractive in a 3-4 beer kind of way, but her on air presence is really bad. She mispronunciates some words and stumbles her way through interviews frequently. Perhaps John is her sponsor and sees in her a lot of future potential, but right now as a UH grad, she leaves a lot to be desired.

That said, she has nice cans. :)

I almost posted something along these same lines a few weeks ago.

She is attractive in a 3-4 beer kind of way, but her on air presence is really bad. She mispronunciates some words and stumbles her way through interviews frequently. Perhaps John is her sponsor and sees in her a lot of future potential, but right now as a UH grad, she leaves a lot to be desired.

LOL, you're disrespecting her ability to pronounce words? Are you a UH grad? Or are you saying she is?

Maybe it's just the 3-4 beers, LOL. Sorry, not trying to be an ass, but sometimes you just have to be careful about swallowing your own foot.

You kinda left the next line "Or Carr comes in and loses to the team that made him the first pick in the 2002 draft." off. Oops.

Honestly, I just thought it was a weak article and not really worthy to give much thought.

People are tired of the Carr Wars, and I'd say 99% of the fanbase are ready to move on and look forward to our future.

But here comes the walrus, wanting to drag Carr, Young, and Bush back into the spotlight every chance he gets. It's just beating dead horse because there seems to be a lack of original ideas to write about.

I'd prefer to hear more about our team, different angles, some personal stories about players, whatever, than rehash the past. John is just out of touch, IMO.

You may be thinking of Jerome "KONG" Solomon when he was trying to get attention when his readership decreased because of his mindless drivel and stories that can't stay on topic or make any point other than "stirring the pot".

Your right I got the two confused on that point.

Jerome Solomon is HORRIBLE. I think we can all agree on that count.

Anna Megan is bad for the previously mentioned reasons - but also because - unbelievably - she is a person who has nothing to say, yet is on a talk radio show. I mean, literally all she does is field the calls and then move to the next call. Sometimes John goes out of his way to 'set her up' by spilling a lot of info, and leaving the discussion open-ended - then she literally just says "Okay, well let's go to Rick! Rick, you're on sports radio 610, hello?"

That's not how talk radio - in any format - works.

Honestly, I just thought it was a weak article and not really worthy to give much thought.

People are tired of the Carr Wars, and I'd say 99% of the fanbase are ready to move on and look forward to our future.

But here comes the walrus, wanting to drag Carr, Young, and Bush back into the spotlight every chance he gets. It's just beating dead horse because there seems to be a lack of original ideas to write about.

I'd prefer to hear more about our team, different angles, some personal stories about players, whatever, than rehash the past. John is just out of touch, IMO.
has anyone seen John McClain and threetoedpete in the same room together? :specnatz:

Jerome Solomon is HORRIBLE. I think we can all agree on that count.

Anna Megan is bad for the previously mentioned reasons - but also because - unbelievably - she is a person who has nothing to say, yet is on a talk radio show. I mean, literally all she does is field the calls and then move to the next call. Sometimes John goes out of his way to 'set her up' by spilling a lot of info, and leaving the discussion open-ended - then she literally just says "Okay, well let's go to Rick! Rick, you're on sports radio 610, hello?"

That's not how talk radio - in any format - works.

I agree 100&#37;, man. She's a sweet girl when I met her at one of the pre-season games, but that sweetness only goes so far.

Sports talk has been slowly turning into "guy talk" lately, and it is a pre-meditated move on the part of station managers. Maybe I'm old school, but I'd like to hear about sports when I turn to sports talk radio. I could care less about movie reviews, latest date gossip, hair products, or the 'chick perspective' on anything/everything (I've already got a wife for that anyway). But they are adding attractive females to the lineup in order to roll out the whole "guy talk" format. It is a ratings grab for the casual sports fan.

I'm about to go satellite radio so I can just listen to the NFL Channel. :cool:

LOL, you're disrespecting her ability to pronounce words? Are you a UH grad? Or are you saying she is?

Maybe it's just the 3-4 beers, LOL. Sorry, not trying to be an ass, but sometimes you just have to be careful about swallowing your own foot.

I know where both my feet are thank you. You may have misinterpreted what I said as I was not slagging UH in any way.

As a university graduate she leaves a lot to be desired in terms of being polished.

Sheesh...thin skinned people...

As a university graduate she leaves a lot to be desired in terms of being polished.

She is in the print media, rather than television, for a reason then. They don't have spell checkers on Tele-Prompters.

We wont be seeing her on the Fox News Channel anytime soon...

I know where both my feet are thank you. You may have misinterpreted what I said as I was not slagging UH in any way.

Sheesh...thin skinned people...

I was simply poking fun at you for typing "mispronunciate". It's not a word. It's all good-natured, though. Peace.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/mcclain/5127629.html

Close your eyes for a second, and imagine the voice of the Texans, Marc Vandermeer, describing what he's just witnessed at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday.

"Let me recap what's just happened. Delhomme is still down. He doesn't appear to be seriously injured even though Mario Williams just blindsided him. Delhomme went down like he was hit by a Lamborghini. I can't believe he was able to hold the ball. You could tell Mario was looking for that second TD that would have given him one more than Vince Young and two more than Reggie Bush.
"OK, Delhomme is getting up. Let's see if he can shake it off. No, he's limping. Now the trainer and one of his teammates are helping him off. We can't tell if it's his ankle, knee or groin. I've got the binoculars on him. I'm no doctor, but I don't think we're going to see Jake Delhomme the rest of the day. Oh, my God, you know what that means ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!"

I personally find that exerpt hilarious. When I read it earlier this morning, I couldn't stop laughing. the "ROCK AND ROLL!!!!" part kills me every time.

Ok after reading all of these posts I've come to a conclusion, Everyone on here is a SIZEIST. Its similar to a sexist or a racist but its against a mans size. Now can't we all get along :heart:

p.s. he doesn't look like a walrus, more like a manitee:whip:

Back