Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TRJ’s Final Mock Draft 2024

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
2.42) Kris Jenkins DT. Team captain for the national champions. High ceiling DT. Would thrive in DeMeco’s scheme attacking upfield.

2.59) Tyler Nubin S. Highly instinctive leader at safety. All American, 4x academic all conference as well. Jimmie Ward’s long term replacement and could push Pitre to his more natural big nickel role when Ward is healthy.

3.86) Blake Fisher OT. High ceiling swing OT. Has talent to start at either OT position. Will be the RT of the future. First true freshman in history to start at LT in first game, but injured in first half. Moved to RT after returning from injury and stayed there rest of college career.

4.123) Jared Wiley TE. Big athletic red zone target that can block. Has TE1 upside but will excel as Y TE brought in as mismatch weapon year 1.

4.127) Jordan Magee LB. Edgerrin Cooper lite. 17 TFLs last season. Instinctive heat seeking missile at LB3. 2x team captain.

6.188) Gabriel Murphy DE. Designated pass rusher. Undersized but technically sound DE with a high motor.

6.189) Tyrone Tracy. RB converted from WR can spell Mixon and bring pass catching element to RB room.

7.238) Qwan’tez Stiggers CB. Talented CB with good size. CFL experience will give him a shot to make it on ST year 1.

7.247) Travis Glover OT. High upside OL. At this range you draft a guy that you think will have a lot of FA competition.

2.42) Kris Jenkins DT. Team captain for the national champions. High ceiling DT. Would thrive in DeMeco’s scheme attacking upfield.

2.59) Tyler Nubin S. Highly instinctive leader at safety. All American, 4x academic all conference as well. Jimmie Ward’s long term replacement and could push Pitre to his more natural big nickel role when Ward is healthy.

3.86) Blake Fisher OT. High ceiling swing OT. Has talent to start at either OT position. Will be the RT of the future. First true freshman in history to start at LT in first game, but injured in first half. Moved to RT after returning from injury and stayed there rest of college career.

4.123) Jared Wiley TE. Big athletic red zone target that can block. Has TE1 upside but will excel as Y TE brought in as mismatch weapon year 1.

4.127) Jordan Magee LB. Edgerrin Cooper lite. 17 TFLs last season. Instinctive heat seeking missile at LB3. 2x team captain.

6.188) Gabriel Murphy DE. Designated pass rusher. Undersized but technically sound DE with a high motor.

6.189) Tyrone Tracy. RB converted from WR can spell Mixon and bring pass catching element to RB room.

7.238) Qwan’tez Stiggers CB. Talented CB with good size. CFL experience will give him a shot to make it on ST year 1.

7.247) Travis Glover OT. High upside OL. At this range you draft a guy that you think will have a lot of FA competition.
Great job, if the draft fell this way the Texans would be set. I dont know that Stiggers and Glover fall to the 7th.

I guess the only question I would have is where you would have Jenkins playing. Would he be #2 behind Fatukasi at the DL1T position or would he be #3 behind Autry and Khalil Davis at the DL3T position. Or do you think he would beat Davis out for #2.

It may not be possible with the way the Texans are currently made up, but I'd like a player make more immediate impact from the 2/42 pick.

I guess the only question I would have is where you would have Jenkins playing. Would he be #2 behind Fatukasi at the DL1T position or would he be #3 behind Autry and Khalil Davis at the DL3T position. Or do you think he would beat Davis out for #2.

It may not be possible with the way the Texans are currently made up, but I'd like a player make more immediate impact from the 2/42 pick.
I see Jenkins as the most ready to contribute of the 4 DTs I have clustered together that should be available at 42.

Jenkins, Fiske, Hall and Ruke.

Jenkins was a team captain multi year starter for the national champions with NFL bloodlines. He can play at both DT spots but imo would do his best work as a 3 technique attacking upfield which he didn’t get as many opportunities to do as he would here.

Great job, if the draft fell this way the Texans would be set. I dont know that Stiggers and Glover fall to the 7th.
Maybe. Every year there’s a surprise. I was shocked the center Wypler slid as far as he did last year. But we aren’t privy to all the info until the slide happens on draft day.

Back