Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Training Wheels

jacquescas

Veteran
Ok its like this, those expansion players were simply training wheels, everyone had them on their first bike, well we had them on our new team. High class, high skilled vetrans who will lead this team and show all the new players and rookies how to play the game and how to conduct yourself. Notice none of the players we took in the expansion draft were ever considered malcontents, maybe Ryan Young, but he didn't last.

At this point we are ready to fly solo, the training wheels are older and banged up, can serve a purpose elsewhere but they are relatively useless now, cutting the last vestiges from our expansion days.

I never thought of it like that but I agree. I think the release of Glenn was coming. DRob is going to come into his own this year and i think Babin is going to be huge this season. I think we got alot younger and alot faster. Buchanon will be solid. TJ will help the Dline significantly. Have faith people!!!!!!!!

Yup training wheels are of and hopefully the Texans will be early bloomers and go all the way to the SB just like we were early bloomers and won our 1st game.

The expansion players were big money players other teams wanted to unload.Now the Texans are starting to shape the team the way they want it to look.

hmmm, I wonder why they would extend the contracts of a Glenn, Coleman, and Walker. I guess they like to keep the training wheels from time to time.

hmmm, I wonder why they would extend the contracts of a Glenn, Coleman, and Walker. I guess they like to keep the training wheels from time to time.
GLENN?? :shocked Uh dude I think you meant Payne, right?

training wheels or just training mentors the veterans that did remain on this team are much needed and hard to replace, IMHO. Coleman has been moved to a Safety and I think that is the only reason he is still here, actually. Glenn simply wasn't big enough to consider moving to safety. Walker is on a tightrope and had better improve or TJ is gonna be his replacement. Actually he already is, it is just a matter of time.

The biggest concern I have is with Payne. The guy makes the D-line come together but has been injured the last 2 seasons sporadically. Who is gonna replace him, cause up till now they haven't found anyone able to do even half as good a job, IMHO.

SESupergenius said:

:listening :loser

Grid said:
Grid=
pict_blind.gif

thegr8fan said:
GLENN?? :shocked Uh dude I think you meant Payne, right?
No I actually meant Glenn, we extended his contract first a couple of years ago. But you can go ahead and add Payne as well.

we extended those contracts because you never know when training wheels will come off. plus we got some new tires, so that plays a part too.

Back