Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Trading with 49ers to move down

baba ganoush

Waterboy
I would like to see us trade down with the San Francisco 49ers three spots and pick up an extra third round pick...I think they would pick LaRon Landry to compliment Tony Parrish and help a struggling pass defense...

We sign Nate Clements in FA

That leaves us with the 11th pick in the draft and an extra selection in the third round...I would take Reggie Nelson with the 11th unless he was taken by Atlanta, if that was to happen, i would take Marshawn Lynch...lets just say that we got Reggie Nelson witht the 11th pick, then we should go after Rufus Alexander to complement DeMeco and Morlon...with two picks in the third, I would use the first one Kevin Kolb. (i know yall say he's better in the vertical passing game, but i'm a u of h fan and would like to see him play for the Texans; thats if he is even available in the third) Then with the our second pick in the third round, I would either take Karrem Brown or Kenny Irons...thats what i think should happen on the first day...

IMO, i think its just the size he brings to the able, hes a solid player that, well basically makes plays...i think they are looking for another tony parrish type, and thats what landry is...nelson is a bit smaller...i dont know why, i just wanted nelson i guess and i also wanted another third rounder, so i thought this would be the most logical thing to do...

Being a lifelong 49ers' fan... and a Texans' fan from day 1... I can honestly say that I hope both teams stay right where they are and take the best player available. I think there is plenty of value at either pick...

If the 49ers are going to trade any of their picks, I think it will be to move back into the bottom of the first round or higher in the 2nd round to get a guy they want. They aren't too far away from the playoffs... their focus will be the few guys they really want... I don't think they get that moving up a few spots at the top of the draft.

Well there is a decent chance we take FS with our first pick. If that is the case there is an even better chance that Atlanta takes a FS with their first pick, thus leaving the niners SOL. If they really wanted to get one of those FS prospects there are a number of teams they could trade with. Like us, miami, or even the vikings if they really prefered one FS over the other.

I'm thinking this will be one of the most interesting FA and drafts in texans history..at least i'd think so.

Would there be any chance Buffalo would want to trade with us for at least their 1st and 3rd? maybe to pick up a DT like Branch if he fell or a WR..I don't know much about the bills. we could then draft..

1. Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
2. Brandon Merriweather FS Miami
3a. Brandon Mebane DT California
3b. Aarron Ross CB Texas

That would be a stout new young defense!

Doubtful for Branch since they picked up McCargo last year.

like we picked up Mario and Johnson and Babin?.....lol only kidding. of the teams behind us like miami, atlanta, buffalo, ...i forget who else...within a few spots though ..what players would they really be targeting to move up? I'm not sure of the players that may fall to us but landry, nelson, branch, and maaybe branch or adams.

What would anyone think of the Texans trading our #1 to the Patriots for their 2 #1's at 24 and 29 +. According to the Trading value charts, the trade would be fairly close. IMO two good players would be better than 1 at #8, assuming the Pats would agree to trade.

We're @ 1400 on the dvc. They 're at 1340 with the twenty-four and 31. So for the wolf and the pats, they would be getting the value with the pick. If you're saying they are going to sweeten the pot by throwing in a 2008 second...yeah I would do that. But what player do you see at the eight spot they would be willing to do that for ? He has a fairly hard line on the cap. And he needs these picks to keep filling the coffers with warm bodies. He gets two relatively cheap top end players. Obvuisly, after yesterday, The wolf has a system of doing things and it works. You got the John Elway guy, you can go cheap on every thing else. You can make Leechy Caldwell look like an all pro, your system works. Under your scenario, the stright up trade is a wash for us. JMHO.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341444

What would anyone think of the Texans trading our #1 to the Patriots for their 2 #1's at 24 and 29 +. According to the Trading value charts, the trade would be fairly close. IMO two good players would be better than 1 at #8, assuming the Pats would agree to trade.

I don't know that I like trading down that far in the draft, even for two 1st rounders. It depends on how many guys grade out as 1st round prospects and such. For instance, if there are only 20 guys with a 1st round grade, then it wouldn't be worth trading out of #8 to get two picks where you're likely not going to get someone of "1st round caliber", not to mention I don't really know what the Patriots would be looking to trade up for at the #8 pick.

Back