Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Top 10 Guaranteed

Sarg01

Veteran
St. Louis just got their 7th victory.

With Carolina, Green Bay and St. Louis winning, a 6-victory team can pick no later than 10th.

Miami and San Francisco (playing Arizona) still have to play this week and can improve things further.

top seven actually. Nobody knows how the draft will go so we could still land AP or JT depending how the draft goes. It's doubtful, but you just never know.

Guarantees us our pick of the top safety in the draft if we choose to go that route.

I am not upset we won to many games for Thomas, and Branch if we still get a stud like Landry or Posluszny. We could almost go any other position in the 2nd round because there is going to be some good DTs CBs RBs OTs OGs and OCs available.

Think about having a big hitters like Earl and Landry at safety? Or two LBs with a nose for the ball like Ryans and Posluszny. And think how much better the team will be when they have 2 drafts in a row where they do not reach for every player they take.

top seven actually. Nobody knows how the draft will go so we could still land AP or JT depending how the draft goes. It's doubtful, but you just never know.

kiss joe thomas goodbye. as much as i hate to come to reality, he's probably already got a P.O. box in glenndale by now.

I am not upset we won to many games for Thomas, and Branch if we still get a stud like Landry or Posluszny. We could almost go any other position in the 2nd round because there is going to be some good DTs CBs RBs OTs OGs and OCs available.

Think about having a big hitters like Earl and Landry at safety? Or two LBs with a nose for the ball like Ryans and Posluszny. And think how much better the team will be when they have 2 drafts in a row where they do not reach for every player they take.

Best thing ,we won't have CC to trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks away.

Alleulia! We are Blessed!

kiss joe thomas goodbye. as much as i hate to come to reality, he's probably already got a P.O. box in glenndale by now.
doubt it. arizona has the 6th pick in the draft right now. the bucs will take him if they wind up with a pick before them, guaranteed.

doubt it. arizona has the 6th pick in the draft right now. the bucs will take him if they wind up with a pick before them, guaranteed.

if he is still there when the Bucs pick? right now Cleveland has the 3rd pick & just so happen play the Texans next weekend, here. unless AP comes out Joe T is their man :bowser:

That is not correct. As posted on another thread, there could (and probably will) be 4 teams at 6-10, including the Texans. Based on strength of schedules, we could be as low as 10 but I project we'll be 9. Now if we lose to the Browns, we'll be in the top 7, but none of us want to be negative, do we??:hmmm:

Actually, it's a guaranteed top 9 pick. According to GBN's numbers, Miami is currently in the 10th spot at 6-9 with an opponents W/L% of .538, while our current record is 5-10 with an opponents W/L% is .513.

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

If we win & they lose, we'll be tied as far as records go. But, since they play Indianapolis (11-4) & we play Cleveland (4-11) they'll have a higher opponent W/L%, which will give us the edge as a result of a weaker schedule. Thus, no less than the 9th pick.

Now, if we lose & every team from 3-7 wins their game, we could draft as high as 3 or 4. Cleveland has an opponent W/L% of .533 against our .513. If they win & we lose, theirs will drop & our's will rise. I don't feel like doing the math right now, but it could be real close, & I'm not sure what tie breakers the NFL uses after strength of schedule when you have more than 2 teams with the same record.

I only make this last point, because I believe that the 3-4 pick position could garner us some nice trade down scenarios. I'd most definitely give that up for another win though.

Actually, it's a guaranteed top 9 pick. According to GBN's numbers, Miami is currently in the 10th spot at 6-9 with an opponents W/L% of .538, while our current record is 5-10 with an opponents W/L% is .513.

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

If we win & they lose, we'll be tied as far as records go. But, since they play Indianapolis (11-4) & we play Cleveland (4-11) they'll have a higher opponent W/L%, which will give us the edge as a result of a weaker schedule. Thus, no less than the 9th pick.

Now, if we lose & every team from 3-7 wins their game, we could draft as high as 3 or 4. Cleveland has an opponent W/L% of .533 against our .513. If they win & we lose, theirs will drop & our's will rise. I don't feel like doing the math right now, but it could be real close, & I'm not sure what tie breakers the NFL uses after strength of schedule when you have more than 2 teams with the same record.

I only make this last point, because I believe that the 3-4 pick position could garner us some nice trade down scenarios. I'd most definitely give that up for another win though.

While I agree with you, it actually matters what each team on the schedule does this weekend, not just the record of the final opponent. The W-L percentages quoted by GBN reflect each team on the schedule, thus if every team we played this year lost (a mathematical impossibility) it might hurt us. that being said, the current differential is probably enough to protect us from falling further than 9

Back