Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Top 10 Defense...in AFC

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Surely, I'm reading something wrong.. so I'm asking for help.

According to this Page Our defense is in the top 10 of points allowed.....

That can't be right.

We are top 5 on offense Top 10 on Defense... & we're 9-7, what happened?

I'm sorry, I see what I did. That's just per conference. Top 10 in the cofference of 16 teams isn't that great...

never mind.

We're 11th in the league scoring offense. 15th in scoring defense. That makes more sense.

Hey guys, that's still better than last year. Improvement is showing. Now, if we can just translate that improvement into more wins.

Where are those folks that were on that "Get rid of Frank Bush" rant? There is a reason kubiak wanted him from day one, and yet ANOTHER reason why the Cards wouldnt let him go.

Where are those folks that were on that "Get rid of Frank Bush" rant? There is a reason kubiak wanted him from day one, and yet ANOTHER reason why the Cards wouldnt let him go.

In all honesty. If that is the guy Kubiak wanted, he should have **** canned Richard Smith last year, & we could have started this season with a top 10 defense. There was plenty of reason to say good bye to Richard Smith at the end of 2007.

I'm with the soapers on that one.

Right now we're ranked 14th in overall defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's up from 29th or 30th at the end of last season. Imagine where we'd be if we didn't have to go through learning a new DC/system the first three weeks. I'm so pumped for next year, I can't even stand it!

When you give up the yardage and points we did the first three games it is hard to pull out of the cellar but they have done a good job trying.

Surely, I'm reading something wrong.. so I'm asking for help.

According to this Page Our defense is in the top 10 of points allowed.....

That can't be right.

We are top 5 on offense Top 10 on Defense... & we're 9-7, what happened?
There are only 16 teams in a conference so being "top 10" isn't all that much of an achievement. Top 5...ok. At least "top 8" is in the "top half".

Right now we're ranked 14th in overall defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's up from 29th or 30th at the end of last season. Imagine where we'd be if we didn't have to go through learning a new DC/system the first three weeks. I'm so pumped for next year, I can't even stand it!

This year so far, we're 15th in points and 14th in yards.

Last year, we were 27th in Points and 22nd in Yards.

The highest we've ever finished in points is 15th in 2004 (the 7-9 year). The highest we've ever finished in yards was 16th in 2002... which is just sad. If we would have had an offense back in 2002, we could have been the shiznit. That game against the Steelers... man...

The Texans dug themselves too big a hole to start the season to rank highly. To compare:

1st 3 games: 439 ypg and 28.7 ppg which would rank 32nd and 31st.

Since the 1st 3 games: 297 ypg and 18.3 ppg which would rank 3rd and 6th.

Here's some good (and funny) reading for you: Frank Bush named New Texans DC

My contribution to that thread (funny thread to read a year later, too!):

I will wait and see the results before feeling anything about Bush as DC. I'll reserve my judgement until we have a body of work to judge. Until then, it's all speculation on our collective parts.

But I hope for the best! What else can I do? :texflag:

Now that we have a body of work to look back upon, I can't complain. Good pick, Kubiak! :clap:

Back