Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Top 10 Coolest NFL Landmarks

Thanks for the link. That was pretty cool. The only NFL stadium I have ever been to a game too besides our place is the old Mile High.

LOL -- Love it! Next (replacement) landmark coming soon.

You have to admit that's a crock. The opening in Texas stadium #1 over the frozen tundra or the black hole? Cmon'.

Had to have been a Cowboy fan that wrote that, or at least someone that doesn't understand the air will not ciculate in that stadium do to the worst design of a football stadium known to mankind.

You have to admit that's a crock. The opening in Texas stadium #1 over the frozen tundra or the black hole? Cmon'.

Had to have been a Cowboy fan that wrote that, or at least someone that doesn't understand the air will not ciculate in that stadium do to the worst design of a football stadium known to mankind.

I doubt if air circulation was a factor, otherwise Reliant should have fallen behind the Cardinals new stadium. I can say, despite the unappealing appearance, I have never had a bad time at my home stadium. The atmosphere is electrifying.

the new Cowboys Stadium being built will be the penultimate NFL landmark once its completed...its just an insane project. kudos to JJ.

the Frozen Tundra and the Pirate Ship are my #1 and #2 at this moment. the roof in Irving is a distant #10 at best in my book.

There is NOTHING about Texas Toiletbowl that should be on that list.... PERIOD... It is, was and always will be a dump.

the new Cowboys Stadium being built will be the penultimate NFL landmark once its completed...its just an insane project. kudos to JJ.

the Frozen Tundra and the Pirate Ship are my #1 and #2 at this moment. the roof in Irving is a distant #10 at best in my book.

Let's say kudos to the architects instead of Skelator.:gun:

The Stadium that caught my eye was the Seahawks. It appears that every seat in the house would be good. Maybe it's an optical illusion or something, but the stands appear closer to the field than most stadiums.

Let's say kudos to the architects instead of Skelator.:gun:

The Stadium that caught my eye was the Seahawks. It appears that every seat in the house would be good. Maybe it's an optical illusion or something, but the stands appear closer to the field than most stadiums.

Definitely kudos for the Architecture firm. The firm is HKS, primarily known for their work in Healthcare, but has plenty of experience in Sporting Venues.

The firm used for Reliant was HOK Sport, the same firm that built University of Pheonix Stadium and the new Wembley stadium (among others).

WHAT A JOKE!!!

Getting props for a stadium that is UNFINISHED!!!

LYB,

Don't mistake the original intent and that was deflecting any cred away from Jerrah.... I hope the thing turns out to be one heaping dose of flamboyant crap...

On another note, I have worked with HKS before, on MD Anderson's Alkek Patient Care Tower (about 10-11 years ago) and they were a pretty good firm to work with...

I think the "vision" of the Cowboys new stadium is Jerry's..the idea...I've heard him talk for many years about that complex so he gets the credit for that.

I always had a great time at Texas Stadium mainly because you are very close to the field. It is time for a new place though. Definitely.

I love the Cardinals new stadium and the Seahawks as well. Both are so unique.

And in the spirit of all things pirate the Bucs pirate ship would be my #1.

I wasn't referring to any firm or people at all.
Merely stating that the SI caption for the stadium stated that the original plan for the stadium was to be completely covered and they ran out of money.

That's how I came to my "unfinished" quote.

My bad. I didn't snap.... Thanks LYB!!

They designed it so that most of the fan noise would deflect back to the field. I was there in '03 and it's pretty awesome.

Radier fans- :bat: ugh... they don't even deserve to be spelled correctly...

Back