Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TO to Sign With Cowboys

jerek said:
Who was it that Randy Moss pretended to moon awhile back? GB fans? ... Everyone talks like that was so classless, so this or that (if he had really mooned them, I would understand ... but come on, the way he did it, personally I thought it was funny.) ... But geez, there are entire camps of fans in pro sports that are just ridiculous. And that's here ... try going to a "football" match in Europe some time.
Herm Edwards thought it (Moss 'mooning' the fans) was pretty funny as well. The prank came from a Packers' fan tradition of mooning the visitor's bus when it rolls into town.

Moss was simply returning the favor. If Herm Edwards doesn't have a problem with it, nobody should.

I don't have a problem with most of the on-field antics. Some of the stuff Chad Johnson does is really funny. But anything causing a distraction outside the field is a different story.

I'm streaming the ESPN channel in Dallas right now with Randy Galloway who is a long time Cowboys writer.

The big news is that Terrell has written a book that will be out in July..something about hating the Eagles...the inside story.

Funny stuff.

All the sportswriters on here are against the move while all the callers are for it...so far.

I got a buddy who gos to Eagle games all the time, his wife is a Philly fan and hes a Jets fan. He said there is no way in hell he would wear his Jets gear there, not without a death wish. He said he went to a 49er/Eagle game there and some poor girl, only about 16 was wearing 9er jersey, she left in tears it was so bad. Something deeply wrong there. Geez, its only a game. Too much testosterone and beer my guess.

Eagle fans are interesting. I went to the Cowboys/Eagles game last October and some of Eagle fans sat behind us. It was a difficult day from the beginning for them and they were quite obnoxious and argumentitive, first when they proclaimed they would be making a comeback, and when it was obvious that wouldn't be happening that day, the mood really turned sour. They left before the two minute warning and one, obviously quite peeved, turned around and yelled "you're cheering because this is like a super bowl to you." Without thinking, I responded that it looked more like their super bowl. I was wrong and really should have ignored him.

Came across this and thought it was interesting:

Source

Here's what he [Drew Pearson] told Sirius Radio's Gil Brandt this morning.

“I am (upset) because there used to be some pride. There are certain people that you knew would never ever be in a Cowboy uniform because they didn’t represent what the players represented, in other words what the coaching staff, the organization, was looking for. And there used to be a lot of pride in who wore that star on the helmet. Yes, it upsets me. He’s a former 49er. He’s a former Eagle. He’s a former bad boy and yes, it bothers me. Especially playing the position that I played. We tried to sanctify our positions by being out there on the field and doing what we had to do and trying to do it better that anybody else.

"And then off the field trying to do the right things to live up to the reputations that we developed because of how we succeeded on the field. So, yes, it does bother me. It does upset me. Hey, I’m old school and I want the same kinds of things to stay the same way sometimes. Unfortunately as we develop in society things don’t stay the same. Change is always going to come. And this change is something I never thought I would see.”

This whole controversy about T.O. in Dallas is kind of puzzling to me. I checked the Metroplex area media and many people like Dale Hansen and Randy Galloway are upset that the Cowboys would have a guy like T.O. on the team. I keep hearing them talk about how it will goes against the "classy" image of the organization.

To me, class and Cowboys have not gone together since JJ bought the team. The old Cowboys certainly did worry about their image as God's team. However, Jerry threw that all out the window years ago. I will give them credit for being having plenty of championships and quite a winning percentage. However, they are also just one step above the Raiders when it comes to kind of folks Jerry will allow to wear the star. It should come as no surprise that Jones and Owens are together. They are from the same mold. They only care about getting all the press and all the money and they don't care about anything or anyone else.

Whoa! Now I am no Cowboy fan but what about when they were coached by Jimmy Johnson. I think Emmit got alittle mouthy at the end but I guess all older players do.I think the reason TO is going to Dallas is BP. The Tuna is probably the only coach in the world who can control him. I think it might just blow up in their face:redtowel:

Emmitt never was "mouthy" as you put it but rather honest. You could always tell if he was upset about something in interviews....he's the same nowadays. He's just honest. But he, I am sure, never was a lockerroom problem.

I do believe Bill is onboard with Terrell being a Cowboy. I don't think he instigated the talks...that would be Jerry...but I've heard and read almost all of the major Cowboys beat writers and they all agree that if Bill didn't want him Jerry would not have signed him.

The reason Terrell is a Cowboy is simple. 10 million in salary this year.

ATX_Texan said:
I keep hearing them talk about how it will goes against the "classy" image of the organization.

To me, class and Cowboys have not gone together since JJ bought the team. The old Cowboys certainly did worry about their image as God's team.

I am not the one to rehash the family business, but the Cowboys have had misbehaving children long before Jerry Jones made his first million.

LMBH said:
I am not the one to rehash the family business, but the Cowboys have had misbehaving children long before Jerry Jones made his first million.

Ex. Thomas Hollywood Henderson--just as every team has. Cowboys fans have to know they are never going to get a fair review of anything they do from most Houston fans.

Tex Schramm and Tom Landry simply did not tolerate such behavior. Hollywood Henderson became an ex-Cowboy immediately following the news of his drug problem, as did alleged child molester Rafael Septien. Yes, they'd embarrassed themselves, but the organization continued to stand tall, offering us fans the opportunity to maintain our pride.

But since Jerry Jones took over, that hasn't been the case. The sleazy scandals of the ‘90s were excused by flashing the three Super Bowl rings, conveying the idea that wins overrule the most egregious behavior.

I agree with this part of the article. The Cowboys did have their share of problems before JJ bought the team. However, they did value their image and they did take steps to correct the mistakes. The new J-boys are nothing like this. On one hand, they continue to promote themselves as "God's Team", but they also allow Raider like behavior all in the name of more victories on the field. I lived in Dallas during the 1990's and there was not a week that went by during the Barry Switzer era that some scandal was not being reported. Since the Boys were winning a bunch of games, the fine people of the Metroplex would always turn a blind eye to it. T.O. and JJ are a great pair and they totally deserve each other.

aj. said:
This guy may be the hypocrite of all hypocrites.

Turn the other cheek for Switzer's gun runnin, Crack smokin, stoners (notice he forgot to mention trashing the dorms at St. Edwards) --- but oh......stand on "the star" and act as if it's the humiliation of all humiliations. Give me a break, get your nose out of the air.... and root for your team fool. They're all yours.

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/03/26/20060326LDNStalalrd.html

Read (past tense) the article. What a complete tool. You'd think Terrell Owens banged his wife and his mistress (or whoever the equally tasteless "best girl" reference was in regards to), the needless venom he spewed throughout. T.O. thinks highly of himself; big deal. He's not the first and certainly not the last big-talent star with a big mouth to go along with it.

Give me a whining prima donna any day over a bunch of coke addicts/rapists. Could just be me, but I don't see how T.O. can tarnish the sacred 'star' any more than it has already been trampled by its own in the past twenty years.

ATX_Texan said:
I agree with this part of the article. The Cowboys did have their share of problems before JJ bought the team. However, they did value their image and they did take steps to correct the mistakes. The new J-boys are nothing like this. On one hand, they continue to promote themselves as "God's Team", but they also allow Raider like behavior all in the name of more victories on the field. I lived in Dallas during the 1990's and there was not a week that went by during the Barry Switzer era that some scandal was not being reported. Since the Boys were winning a bunch of games, the fine people of the Metroplex would always turn a blind eye to it. T.O. and JJ are a great pair and they totally deserve each other.

So what "bad" thing did the "evil" Jerry Jones do last year? Or the year before. Or the year before that? Was it cutting Quincy Carter immediately after they find he's a druggie? Was it cutting Antonio Bryant after he shoved his jersey into Parcells? Jerry Jones is a hard working guy, that puts his heart and soul into the Cowboys and the league.

from www.kffl.com

Cowboys | Team wants to see more of Owens at offseason program
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:12:40 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Star-Telegram, reports several sources have noted that Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens has not been a regular participant in Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells' offseason program. His initial absences were understood because of a prior commitment, but Owens in the past has preferred to work with his own trainer. His publicist, Kim Etheredge, said, "He is here when he is required to be here just like every other player on the team" and added that Parcells has expressed no concern about Owens' regimen. Parcells' feelings on the subject are clear. The "voluntary" program requires players to work out four times a week and get in 40 workouts during the offseason. "To (Parcells), it's about chemistry," a source said. "He wants you here."

Parcells wasn't suppose to last more than two years if I recall correctly, so this comes as no surprise.

TexanFan881 said:
It sounds like the media is already trying to make a story on Owens.

That is exactly what it is. It's gonna be like that all year. I'm sure he isnt the only one who hasnt been to everyone of the workouts but its TO so it gets reported.

LT use to write BP a check before the offseason because he didnt want to be there. BP said nothing about it because he knew what LT would bring to the field. No on in there right mind would question whether TO is in shape or not.

LMBH said:
Parcells wasn't suppose to last more than two years if I recall correctly, so this comes as no surprise.

Many media and Cowboy haters predicted it wouldnt last more than 2 years. A few had it lasting 3. Well he's going into year 4.

Back