Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Titans

SBTexans08

Rookie
Is it me or do the Titans not miss Robaire and Kearse? I know it was only a pre-season but the Titans' D looked powerful, same as always. What I asked myself was....how could they hurt defensivley now if Kearse was always hurt? Sure they lost George but he wasn't the same George. They lost McCareins but I'm sure the Titans made up for that somehow. The Titans just might still be the Titans.....I'm a little worried now. :confused:

What do you guys think? I think the Titans will still be as menacing as last year....that's just the kind of football team they are...

Yeah...that's just the kind of football team they are. My guess is that they are just like the Patriots, Colts, and other great teams today. They have a very good coach and a very good system that enables them to have a few big time players and playmakers to make them a great team, but they have the type of system that makes them a very good team reguardless of who they have.

I followed this Titans' off-season closely. All the changes, drafted players and all the General Management Office, moves and way of structuring the team.

In the last seasons, the Titans GMO, had been really aware of the salary cap, they haven't surrender to overrated players, and had been moving their pieces wisely. They also had been found very talented players, and in the exact time, they had been very focused on them, developing their game and being sure that those players can train in the way they should and in the same way, they had been buying an "insurance" with those players.

The results of all this good work, will be harvesting a lot of good things for the Titans, on this forthcoming season.

Well the Titans don't worry me any more than they've ever worried me. I wasn't looking for a massive meltdown this year or anything like that. I think we're going to make progress against the Titans (I predict a 1-1 split) not because they're going to be worse but because we're going to be better.

And there's no way on earth they could be worse for not having Eddie George and Jevon Kearse anymore. Sure everyone says all the polite things but I've never seen a team grieve over the loss of a 3 ypc running back (which is what Eddie has been for a couple of years) nor would they miss something that they rarely had in Kearse. He was always hurting.

They lost something in Robaire but replacing one player who regularly contributes is a lot easier than replacing three or four. On the surface it looks like they lost a lot but for the most part they'd already adjusted to not having Wycheck, George, and Kearse so they'll still be tough. We're just going to be tougher this time.

Hervoyel said:
Well the Titans don't worry me any more than they've ever worried me. I wasn't looking for a massive meltdown this year or anything like that. I think we're going to make progress against the Titans (I predict a 1-1 split) not because they're going to be worse but because we're going to be better.

And there's no way on earth they could be worse for not having Eddie George and Jevon Kearse anymore. Sure everyone says all the polite things but I've never seen a team grieve over the loss of a 3 ypc running back (which is what Eddie has been for a couple of years) nor would they miss something that they rarely had in Kearse. He was always hurting.

They lost something in Robaire but replacing one player who regularly contributes is a lot easier than replacing three or four. On the surface it looks like they lost a lot but for the most part they'd already adjusted to not having Wycheck, George, and Kearse so they'll still be tough. We're just going to be tougher this time.
I agree with most of what you said.

And J-mac will be replaced with Calico Is he ready yet I can honestly say I don't know but when he does settle in the NFL life he will be another one of those that can sell jerseys.

Texans get better every year and I see a for sure threat to beat us at least once. Robair we will do fine without him since well the Titans have had a different starting D-line every season since 1999 and have done fine they and carter has moved to DT.

Fisher believes in developing young guys to be starters even as backups in case we lose a starter to Injury or salary cap...thats the main reason you rarely see the Titans go after guys in FA. FIsher understands that most of a teams cash goes to 15% of the players so he wants his young guys to be ready.

Titans fans like to use the phrase "we reload not rebuild". 2005 though we will lose so many faces rivals will be happier and Titans fans will be very upset but still as optimistic as ever (we have to support our team no matter what).

yeah george wasn't what he use to be but he was still the heart and soul of the team and was a leader. the kearse lost wasn't that big because they are use to playing without him. but i'm still worried because of #9 who is a warrior and can make who ever is around him better. my predidction is 1-1

SBTexans08 said:
Is it me or do the Titans not miss Robaire and Kearse? I know it was only a pre-season but the Titans' D looked powerful, same as always. What I asked myself was....how could they hurt defensivley now if Kearse was always hurt? Sure they lost George but he wasn't the same George. They lost McCareins but I'm sure the Titans made up for that somehow. The Titans just might still be the Titans.....I'm a little worried now. :confused:

What do you guys think? I think the Titans will still be as menacing as last year....that's just the kind of football team they are...

Who did the Titans play in thier first preseason game in which thier defense looked powerful?

Tedc said:
Who did the Titans play in thier first preseason game in which thier defense looked powerful?

The Titans can take from that game what they want, but chest thumping isn't necessary.
While the Brownies try to regroup after an off season of dismantling, they have an attitude problem. And that starts with Butch Davis. It ain't pretty!

The titans wont go from stud to dudd from losing a couple of players like "always hurt" kearse, and "running in cement" george. They are still a great all around team.

WWJD said:
As long as they have McNair they have a chance to win.
The guy is a special player.

..and around McNair, there is a lot of talent and probowl calibered players. The team is really focused, all the players. Injuries are part of football, and that's what makes the "coin toss".

But we are covered in that matter, believe it...the Titans are.

I will miss Eddie's leadership and stability with the team, but I do admit, he just doesn't have it anymore. Jevon who??? I will miss Robaire the most. He's a class act...on and off the field. I hope he does a good job for you guys. Congrats on your first win, preseason or not, it was a good one! :thumbup

TITAN83 said:
And J-mac will be replaced with Calico Is he ready yet I can honestly say I don't know but when he does settle in the NFL life he will be another one of those that can sell jerseys.
There is no question that the Titans gave up on a budding young receiver in Justin McCareins when they traded him to the Jets this offseason, but if second-year WR Tyrone Calico’s performance through the first two weeks of camp is any indication, the team should be fine without McCareins. Calico stood out in the team’s workouts last week with the Falcons, burning Atlanta’s first first-round pick, CB DeAngelo Hall, several times. The biggest knock on Calico these days are his lapses in concentration during practice, but those are fewer than in the past. Another receiver who is opening eyes is Jake Schifino, who might be sneaking ahead of Darrell Hill and Eddie Berlin for the No. 4 WR spot.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afcsouth

Back