Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Time to make one last prediction

canadiantexan

Waterboy
Throughout the Houston Texans off-season many different things have happened that haved changed the way the Texans loyal fans and mock drafters have seen this years NFL entry draft unfolding for us. There was the releasing of Jamie Sharper and Jay Foreman creating a possible need for LB depth....BUT then we signed Morlan Greenwood. There was talk of adding a wide reciever, then we resigned Corey Bradford BUT that is only a one year solution. CB in the first or second round to replace the aging Aaron Glenn many people said...BUT then we trade our 2nd and one of 3rd picks in this years draft for argubly one of the best young defensive play makers in the NFL in Phillip Buchanan problem solved. Is's offensive tackle help in the 1st we need Ive heard BUT Capers is willing to let wand go for at least one more year.
What I'm getting at here is we've all made predictions on who the Texans are going to select in this years draft or what trades they may possibly make during the draft BUT unless your name is Nostradamous(is that how you spell it) then your predictions have more than likey changed a few times over the past couple weeks.
so here it is your chance to make one final prediction in regards to the Texans draft tommorow. I'll be checking these throughout the draft to see how close anyone gets to the "real deal" good luck and enjoy the draft.

we draft any of the top 3 wide outs that fall to us.

we draft any of the top 3 running backs that fall to us.

we draft either of the top 2 linebackers who may fall to us (johnson and merriman)

If none are available ( a good possibility ) we either trade down, or take Alex Barron.

My predictions:
We trade down and get Jones and Baas. OR
We stay put draft WR Troy Williamson.
my "sleeper" pick is J. Mathis in the 3rd (if I've totally blown the top two)

2005 Playoffs here we come

:woot I believe this is our best bet to get a balance of good to great talent on both sides of the ball .

:thumbup 1st Demarcus Ware LB

3rd Wesley Britt OL Alabama

Well i think all of the LB will be gone that we are interested in.
1. 49ers Rodgers
2. Buccs M. Williams
3. Wash Edwards
4. Bears Brown
5. Dolph C. Williams
6. Eagles Williamson
7. Viks Merriman
8. Cards Rolle
9. Browns DJ
10.Lions Spears
11.Dal Ware
12.SD James
13.Saints Davis
14.Carol Barron
15.Cheifs Pollack
16 Texans Blackstock
thats my top 16 i might be wrong on about half but hey its a good mock it should be fun

royce1054 said:
16 Texans Blackstock
thats my top 16 i might be wrong on about half but hey its a good mock it should be fun

Great we get an OLB that a 3rd round going to be moved from LT to G beat like a red-headed step child, who is poor in run support and has problems with coverage. There is an immediate upgrade for a 1st round pick. I would much prefer staying put in your scenario and taking Thomas Davis.

PS--where is Benson?

royce1054 said:
1. 49ers Rodgers
2. Buccs M. Williams
3. Wash Edwards
4. Bears Brown
5. Dolph C. Williams
6. Eagles Williamson
7. Viks Merriman
8. Cards Rolle
9. Browns DJ
10.Lions Spears
11.Dal Ware
12.SD James
13.Saints Davis
14.Carol Barron
15.Cheifs Pollack
16 Texans Blackstock

Where's Benson? I say if the top picks work out that way, let's take Cedrick.

Honoring Earl 34 said:
:woot I believe this is our best bet to get a balance of good to great talent on both sides of the ball .

:thumbup 1st Demarcus Ware LB

3rd Wesley Britt OL Alabama

I would be happy with these two picks if we stay put at 13, but if we trade down, I predict Khalif Barnes in the first...I not sure where we'll trade down to, but if we trade down, I think Barnes will be our main target...

trade down maybe gain a 3rd.. .. Then grab Davis in the 1st then somehow work our way into the 2nd and get a Bass or WR that slips.. then with the other 3rd... get Wilkerson at center (if we go WR in the 2nd )

I can dream right?

1) Niners-Alex Smith
2) Eagles-Braylon Edwards phins get 31,35,2nd #2, next year's 1
3) Browns-DJ
4) Bears- Benson
5) Bucs-Ronnie Brown
6) Titans-rolle
7) Minnesota-Williamson
8) Texans-Mike Williams CC gets two guys he wants in PB and Williams like last year. Cards pick up a 3rd and 13 to move 5 spots and get Rogers. CC says he's not high on Williams really means he must have him. :excited:

royce1054 said:
1. 49ers Rodgers
2. Buccs M. Williams
3. Wash Edwards
4. Bears Brown
5. Dolph C. Williams
6. Eagles Williamson
7. Viks Merriman
8. Cards Rolle
9. Browns DJ
10.Lions Spears
11.Dal Ware
12.SD James
13.Saints Davis
14.Carol Barron
15.Cheifs Pollack
16 Texans Blackstock

well you got the trade right just not the players. not bad though :thumbup

Back