Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

This Team

They kept us interested.. if the rams had jumped to a 24-3 lead we would have left..but with the texans at a 24-3 lead we watched because we couldn't believe our eyes .. Trick or treat eveyone :crying:

Porky said:
Look at the bright side. We are still in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes. :brickwall

If Reggie Bush thinks for 1 minute that the Texans will draft him, he'll play another season for USC.

gwallaia said:
If Reggie Bush thinks for 1 minute that the Texans will draft him, he'll play another season for USC.

I don't know too many players who go as the first pick in the draft to good teams (barring a trade) do you? It's all about the money, not the team they go to for the most part.

The Texans sure need someone to play defense. None of the current players can do it. Let's draft some High School players and have a better team. :brickwall

I was going to say the same thing, Wolf.

Nice call.

How does a team register a franchise record in a single game, and still lose?

How do we shut them down the first half, and get blown out the last 2 minutes of the game?

Coleman gets a turnover and gives it back, giving up a TD.

Our blitzers get chip-blocked at the last possible second for what could have been a big sack on mulitple occasions in the second half.

Practically no jamming of the receivers, allowing them to run deep ins and outs all second half.

Bad execution by the defense. The d line played solid, but the rest of the d was just bad and inconsistent all day.

I am sick and tired about Reggie Bush. Surely today shows you that getting one stud player on offense is not going to matter much if we cannot stop otherteams. If we don;t get a stud o lineman, we better dang well get AJ Hawk for our defense.

Porky said:
I don't know too many players who go as the first pick in the draft to good teams (barring a trade) do you? It's all about the money, not the team they go to for the most part.

Michael Vick ..... "Im NOT going to play for an expansion team .... Im staying in school another year" (he was talking about THIS expansion team)

Eli Manning ....... " Im NOT goingto play for the Chargers"

John Elway ........" Im NOT going to play for the Dolts"

Thats just three examples .... im sure there are others .

:deadhorse
Today we saw the results of the general manager’s picks, head coach’s philosophy and the resulting team Vinny has defended for lo these many years. He sure can pick’em.
:texflag:

Much talk about one player not fixing this mess and yes, that's generally correct. I'd say I agree with that except that I don't buy that our defense is this "lame" because of talent. At least not entirely because of talent. I believe we're looking at poor coaching and a terrible scheme here, nothing more.

Remove Fangio and bring in someone who is a proven 3-4 "guru" (or 4-3 even, I think we have many of the players to make that change if necessary) and I promise you this exact bunch of players (or very close to it) will perform at a much higher level.

Everywhere he's gone Fangio has coached defenses that sucked.

Hervoyel said:
Much talk about one player not fixing this mess and yes, that's generally correct. I'd say I agree with that except that I don't buy that our defense is this "lame" because of talent. At least not entirely because of talent. I believe we're looking at poor coaching and a terrible scheme here, nothing more.

Remove Fangio and bring in someone who is a proven 3-4 "guru" (or 4-3 even, I think we have many of the players to make that change if necessary) and I promise you this exact bunch of players (or very close to it) will perform at a much higher level.

Everywhere he's gone Fangio has coached defenses that sucked.

Herv how dare you blame the coaches? Certainly is easy to get on the bandwagon now isn't it. But its all of the coaches except perhaps for Marciano. We saw it at the end of last year and they sold Bob a bill of goods. He bought it hook line and sinker and its really sad. This debacle has got to have begun hurting him and his parters in the pockect book. Revenues have to be down from consessions. I would say the consessionaires also have to be hurting and may be more so than Bob. Oh, well, you get what you sow.

I would like to make another point Herv and that is if this was Dallas and Mr. Jones (I hate the man) had been told the O-line would be fixed for Carr, and then he saw what he saw the 1st two games, you would have seen fire works. I firmly believe these coaches mislead McNair as to how our O-line would look this year and Mr. Pendry is a big part of that process. Palmer was the easy scape goat and he was the only threat to Capers. At this stage fire them all and bring on Marciano and anyone he would like to assist him. Give them a chance to right the ship and start healing the wounds. I think the troups will rally around Marciano.

gwallaia said:
This team does not know how to win.

This is a team of quitters.

Not so! This is not a team of quitters. This is a team that has a defensive backfield(if you want to call them that) THAT SUCKS! They couldn't cover a piece of toast with jelly, much less try to defend a Wide Reciever!

bobby 119C:brickwall

Back