Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

This Game Changed Things For Me

Historyhorn

Waterboy
I've been a Texans fan since day 1. Got season tickets as soon as I could (year 3). I won't quit on this franchise and will continue to be there and be loud.

But this week's game against the Steelers changed things for me.

1) Kubes is now on the hot seat in my book. The honeymoon is over. He'd shown us improvement in each of the last two years and appeared to have us heading toward not only the playoffs but greater things beyond. I still think he's a good coach, but to have his team come out in the season opener and get prison gang raped is simply inexcusable. There are teams with far less talent than ours that wouldn't have gotten embarrassed that badly. The gameplan sucked, our execution sucked, & the team seemed lost out there. That rests squarely on the head man & Kubes is that guy. I'm not calling for him to get fired, but I'm saying the honeymoon is over. The proof better be in the pudding from now on.

2) Our defense is not improving in spite of the investment of significant draft picks on the D-line. Mario is a beast, but everyone else except for Ryans has underperformed. Not all of that is the current regime's fault, but many of the faults were glaring (secondary help) and went unaddressed by this regime.

3) Our fan base needs to become more demanding. It's time to move on from being just glad to have football back in H-town. We've got to continue to support, but begin to demand results.

4) Before the season began, I thought the Colts might be vulnerable in the division and the Texans just might be able to sneak up and take the division crown. After watching them against the Bears, they are vulnerable, but we aren't the team that can take the crown. I thought for sure we'd pass Tennessee this year, but that appears to be a pipe dream too. 8-8 looks like a hell of year for a team with our holes. We're not one or two years away....more like 3-4. That's frustrating for a fan base that has already had 6 years of suffering.

Go Texans

Agreed. BTW, I post on shaggybevo and hornfans as Iconoclast Texan. If we continue to have the same problems through the end of the season, we should turn this program over to a proven winner. Martyball or Cowher Power sounds good. Let them run things and have Rick Smith do their bidding.

Kubiak will be judged at the end of the season not after one game. if this team goes 4-12 or worse, then he probably will lose his job. But we can't judge a season after one game as bad as it was.

To say that this one game has him on the hot seat is just dumb.

Your use of the word dumb is not really the best terminology to make your point.

Take away the Carr situation, I see some very similar traits of Kubiak's teams to Caper's teams.

The next 4 to 5 games will show us a lot. The Texans post only 1 or 2 wins during that stretch and play similarily to their play against the Steelers or marginal improvement, this is 2005 all over again.

This is year 3 of Kubiak and still he hasn't got the Texans close to turning the the corner.

Yup. Unfortunately... this last game has worried alot of peope inside and out of this organization. When you hear things likes shocked, we thought we were really prepared, we went over the right things, surprised, etc,etc.... its not a good sign. Now, it is only one game and this can be turned around. But it can also be the beginning of a couple few more years of waiting until we really have the competitive team we thought we might have now. So which is it... a one or two gameset back? Or a realization we are still a couple off seasons away and even then its not for sure. Such a bummer we are even typing this stuff.

The Great Wait Continues...

There is a perfect example of a team with no character on espn right now and they are wearing silver and black.

...And they are getting manhandled, in their house, on national television, by the Broncos.

Man these non-character guys sure do get flagged a bunch.

I don't feel that this game really changed things for me. I have had my doubts about the direction of this team for a long time. I am, however, still willing to wait and see. Things could well turn around. I do have this sick-to-my-stomach feeling that this first game will be a harbinger of a disasterous season.

I don't feel that this game really changed things for me. I have had my doubts about the direction of this team for a long time. I am, however, still willing to wait and see. Things could well turn around. I do have this sick-to-my-stomach feeling that this first game will be a harbinger of a disasterous season.

Bolded are my thoughts as well, the rest. Eh, not so much.

I was expecting to lose this game. Although, I wasn't expecting to lose as badly as we did, I wasn't completely suprised like some of ya'll here. All this game told me was our offensive line is a work in progress, and that our defense is atrocious.

Nothing new.

I don't think Kubiak is even close to being on the hot seat right now and I think he'll only get near one if this season becomes a complete disaster along the lines of the 2005 season that flushed Capers and Casserly down the toilet. Even then I think he would come back next year (2009) to either straighten things out or fail and then be fired.

I really don't think it will come to that though. I think we're going to do OK this season despite how utterly pathetic we looked Sunday. I think that we'll beat the bad teams on our schedule and win a couple against the middle of the pack teams. We've gotten lucky in that the Jaguars have lost almost their entire starting line and their defensive line has undergone enormous change. We'll win a game against them. We might even pull off a split with either Tennessee or Indy thanks to each of those teams having what I'd call nagging issues. We'll win around 8 games this year again and the guys in charge will fill another hole or two next year through the draft. They'll probably sign another worthless free agent or two (that seems to be their blind spot) and get everybody's hopes up again but we'll get better slowly, at a crawl actually.

By the time we are ready to really contend for a playoff spot Andre Johnson will be a 10 year veteran and people will be saying he's lost a step.

I tend to generally agree on all 4 points. I do think Kubes is on the hot seat but his seat is an iceburg compared to Richard Smith.

What I am afraid of for Kubes is his loyalty will blind him to what needs to be done ala Dom Capers. And we all know how that turned out. Smith is an anchor on Kubes, this defense, and this team. His D, his game plans, his schemes, are all a joke. He has D lineman backing up 8 yds on a guaranteed running down. He has players out of position all over the field, with slow LB's trying to cover Hines Ward? What's up with that? Where were the blitzes, or any attempt at pressuring or confusing the Steelers? The tackles are playing a 3/4 type technique in a 4/3. It's a mess. Granted, the talent is middle of the road at best, but we aren't playing middle of the road D. We are playing bottom of the barrel D. Think about this folks - the Defense on the first expansion team is FAR better than this. Anyone want to go back and check who was playing safety then? I mean it's reality check time here.

And on Offense he has the boy wonder calling the shots. WTF?

And I will go on record now. If Kubes is fired, it will be because he was too damn loyal to do what needs to be done. Firtst order of business, fire Richard Smith and get someone who knows what the hell he is doing. :devilpig:

You know, if Kubes is on the hot seat and Cowher comes out of retirement, and our team doesn't make any real moves towards consistently winning (and not losing horribly), then I say make a play for Cowher.

Kubes is too loyal and maybe unwilling to do things differently than they were done in Denver, even if they don't work here, and that worries me.

As far as the defense goes, I don't like R. Smith myself and will be glad to see him go. But also we have a lot of players starting that simply aren't that good. We have a VERY good core on defense, but after about the first three or four really good ones, the rest of them are lame and most wouldn't start elsewhere. It isn't all Smith's fault, but at the same time Smith just isn't a good DC. A bad combo for us.

As far as the defense goes, I don't like R. Smith myself and will be glad to see him go. But also we have a lot of players starting that simply aren't that good. We have a VERY good core on defense, but after about the first three or four really good ones, the rest of them are lame and most wouldn't start elsewhere. It isn't all Smith's fault, but at the same time Smith just isn't a good DC. A bad combo for us.

We had Kenny Wright and Matt Stevens playing safety in 2002. We did not have anyone near the talent of Mario or Ryans in the front 7. We didn't have much pass rush either. Yet that squad was downright respectable. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Kubiak isn't out there blowing tackles and blocks, and missing assignments and failing to make reads. These players, who get paid big jack for this job, need to do some gut-checks to figure out why they seem to have forgotten the fundamentals of the game. Perhaps Kubiak and his staff have them overthinking or something, but the blame on having no heart is squarely on the players themselves, IMO. Maybe Kubiak just doesn't light the fire inside, who knows. It was a letdown all the way around, and hopefully they can turn this ship around quick.

We had Kenny Wright and Matt Stevens playing safety in 2002. We did not have anyone near the talent of Mario or Ryans in the front 7. We didn't have much pass rush either. Yet that squad was downright respectable. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Dom Capers 3-4 defense

This game changed nothing for me.

I knew what this team was.

The team is young. To me it just looked like they were too lax coming out of pre-season....Lots of guys didn't play at all in the last pre-season game...

Add the relaxed approach we took with the relaxed nature of Kubiak and you get a team that is still stuck in pre-season mode when the bullets start flying for real...

The Steelers were at home, they are a very good team, and their coach had them jacked up...Those guys were more hungrier than our guys and it showed...

It showed in the way we got blown off the ball...it showed in the way we missed tackles....we looked slow and soft all the way around...That's something that goes deeper than talent, or coaching....That speaks right to the core of desire....Our guys didn't show any fight...They were shell shocked...

Hopefully that nasty episode was a wake up call last week...Hopefully some guys are embarrased and pissed off...Hopefully some coaches are embarrased and pissed off...

It was one game where the whole team....special teams included.....looked flat...

The season isn't over....The team is still young and they are still figuring out how to rise to the occasion every week...

I have my own reasons to believe they'll get better...Don't know how much better, but I think at the end of the season we'll see a much different/more evolved team what we saw it pitt last sunday....

Just my :twocents:

As disgusted as I am right now, it is possible that this mixed up team could go on a 4 game winning streak or something wild like that. I know it seems impossible right now, but the amount of effort this team as a whole displays from one period to the next is almost as unfathomable as the length of time that the period will last.

How many times have we heard players talk about all the talent this team supposedly has, but they don't seem to believe it most of the time. Until most of them believe it, it will only show sporadically. It took 2 crappy spots by the refs on the first drive of the game to make most of our team go into fetal-position mode. The game may have been completely different if these guys had faith in each others' faith in each other not to quit. Even Schaub made several bad passes he would not have thrown if he had not lost faith in the rest of the team. He was trying to force it when nothing was there. There's way too much "we're going to lose anyway" attitude out there on the field and it's most obvious in missed tackles.

What would you do if you knew it would make the difference between winning and losing? WELL THEN, DO IT.

Dom Capers 3-4 defense

I was under the impression that the defense we ran from 2002 until 2005 was overwhelmingly Vic Fangio's creation and bore little resemblance to anything Dom Capers had ever put into place.

That defense was better than this one by a long shot.

I was under the impression that the defense we ran from 2002 until 2005 was overwhelmingly Vic Fangio's creation and bore little resemblance to anything Dom Capers had ever put into place.

That's my take as well. Wasn't that one reason we were all up in arms - because Fangio was calling the shots and Capers wasn't overseeing the D or calling the D on gameday? Smith is just another Fangio imo. We need a real DC in here and some additonal talent before we can right this ship imo.

No doubt. That defense actually beat the Steelers when the offense could only be good for 47 total yards.

Not only do the offensive lines and defensive lines need to get tougher...I think some of the fans do too. :cowboy1:

This game wasn't a big surprise except for those people who bought all the sunshine and lollypops being dished by some in the media. The Texans have a lot of make-do players playing for it until they can fill more spots. Well, and Richard Smith needs to be replaced with a 4-3 coordinator with a track record of success.

When the schedule came out initially, you knew the Texans were in a heap of trouble with road games against good teams. What Gibbs is doing is going to need some time, and with the 80 man roster limit going through camp, it was going to hurt those teams working on new stuff because you couldn't have as much hard practice and game action without risking your starters too much.

The team needs to survive this September, and I guess some of the fans need to also.

I don't think Kubiak is the one on the hotseat. He's come in and retooled the offense significantly despite the lack of talent on offense prior to his arrival THEN having a coordinator whose style didn't mesh well with his own. Offense gets a pass for the most part because of adding a new center and a rookie left tackle. Not to mention first season for Mike Brisiel. Based on the past success of Kubiak and Alex Gibbs I see no reason to think as the season wears on this offense will be much better.

That said....Smith's Defense or lack of is an albatross to this team. No one is saying we don't have premium NFL talent top to bottom on the defense. The problem is by your third year you should see SOME sort of sense of what the defense is trying to accomplish and players that a defensive coach feels fits what he's wanting and trying to do. There are some player contracts that this staff might feel they need to justify by starting. I disagree. IF a UDFA DE shows more spark then the bloated contract Weaver has production needs to trump pay. Rotate him in and out often but if he's clearly a liability don't continue to start him and give him signifcant PT. Just a host of issues and right or wrong the guy running the show deserves the ax.

You might wonder WHY the offense gets a pass as opposed to the defense. I know what Kubiak wants to do and is putting the pieces together on consistent basis and has gotten production from players up and down the FA and draft spectrum. His past success also plays a large part. Smith doesn't have the last part going for him nor does does it look like he has the ability to even tape together a scheme. The difference between wanting to do something, trying to do something and not having the personnel to achieve that end is one thing. The problem is I see is Richard Smith doesn't have all three pieces when I'd just like to see him have even ONE.

2) Our defense is not improving in spite of the investment of significant draft picks on the D-line. Mario is a beast, but everyone else except for Ryans has underperformed. Not all of that is the current regime's fault, but many of the faults were glaring (secondary help) and went unaddressed by this regime.

What part of the defense is not the fault of the current regime?? Either the talent level is way too low..... which I blame the current regime for, or the coaching is inept...... which I blame the current regime for.

I for one don't think it's a talent problem. We're only starting TJ & CC from the old regime. So if it is a talent problem, there's only one regime to blame. But I think TJ was the better defensive tackle on the field, and I believe CC held his own.

I forgot about Greenwood, but we've sent many a linebacker packing, so if Greenwood was a problem, we've had ample opportunity to get rid of him.

Not to mention the free agent DEs, DTs, CBs, Safeties, etc... that have gone through free agency in the last three years.

I don't want to "Fire Kubiak" but I want him to do something. If that means promoting Ray Rhodes, and demoting Richard Smith, then so be it.

Hey, we might not have the talent on Defense.... I can see where that might be the problem. But if it is, then we need to get rid of the guy who found these players for us, or change how we go about scouting that talent, or re-assess our value of the talent that is out there.

If we don't sign a big name proven defensive player this off season....

I'm going to cry.

Not only do the offensive lines and defensive lines need to get tougher...I think some of the fans do too. :cowboy1:

This game wasn't a big surprise except for those people who bought all the sunshine and lollypops being dished by some in the media.

I see.

So you knew Willie Parker was going to get us for 138 yards before the midway point of the 3rd Qtr?? That Schaub was going to put up QB numbers we never thought we would see again?? & that Byron Leftwich was going to play the entire 4th quarter because this game was done by halftime??

hmm.... maybe I should read your blogs more often.

Now where's my lollipop??

I see.

So you knew Willie Parker was going to get us for 138 yards before the midway point of the 3rd Qtr?? That Schaub was going to put up QB numbers we never thought we would see again?? & that Byron Leftwich was going to play the entire 4th quarter because this game was done by halftime??

TC's been on her soapbox about Richard Smith's lack of a defensive scheme or identity for a couple of years now. And we've sucked as a road team since the beginning. So I'm betting she wasn't surprised. And now that I'm calm enough to look at it objectively, I'm not surprised anymore either.

I'm more surprised that Schaub came out playing like a scrub than I'm surprised that we got beat by a team that's been in the playoffs nearly every year we've been in existence.

I'm not even surprised about Schaub.

He still hasn't had one good performance against a tough defense.

Funny thing happened to me Monday morning when I got up after that humiliating defeat in Pittsburg Sunday. I wasn't as angry as I ususally am after this kind of defeat, and God knows there's been plenty of them over the years for us Texans fans. Kinda disturbed me actually because I thought is this the first signs than can come after anger in these situations ? You know, don't really give a damn. Just plan ole apathy. And that's not good.
Or maybe its just resignation to the fact that I can't will them to succeed in the league, no matter how badly I want them to be winners ? You know, it's just one of those ""casa rah, sa rah" kinda deals, so why sweat it ?

You have to remember that this team has a first year OC and a guy running the defense that seems lost...

The RB situation is as unsettled as it ever was and their DB's are patchwork at best.

The problem with Sunday's game is they were totally dominated....in every phase of the game. Pittsburgh's coaches were ready with a viable gameplan aimed at success and the Texans just seemed totally unprepared.

I thought that's why they played all those preseason games...

I'm more surprised that Schaub came out playing like a scrub than I'm surprised that we got beat by a team that's been in the playoffs nearly every year we've been in existence.

Yeah, I know where TC stands on Smith, and I agree, no one should have expected us to win this game.

But I am totally surprised, by how bad our offense looked, and how bad our Defense looked.

I expected our defense to look bad, but I didn't expect the Steelers to be resting their starters halfway through the 3rd........ like it was a preseason game.

& I didn't expect our offense to look that bad.

Yeah, I know where TC stands on Smith, and I agree, no one should have expected us to win this game.

But I am totally surprised, by how bad our offense looked, and how bad our Defense looked.

I expected our defense to look bad, but I didn't expect the Steelers to be resting their starters halfway through the 3rd........ like it was a preseason game.

Yeah, well they better right the ship pretty quick because more of the same is coming in this Sunday (defensively).

TK this is where I am. I have posted that we could be a better team this season and lose many games. I just did not expect to see this poor play. The score was not as bad as I expected, but the play was much worse. The L does not bother me, just how we got it. Not as sure about this weekend as before when I had a W penciled.

I see.

From the TC blog right before the game:

Maybe we get a better sense for what they are doing after the game on Sunday. After watching the Cowboys preseason game, I'd just settle for plain old stopping the run. Hard to get much of a pass rush when you can't force teams into long yardage situations.

If you want to take an interesting journey in the Texans FanBlog wayback machine, check out what I wrote about the defensive scheme right after Smith was hired. It's interesting to me that the defense still doesn't have much of an identity other than fans hoping that they improve.

That Mario Williams was able to get two sacks when Pittsburgh wasn't throwing the ball much is evidence of:

1. He is the man.
2. The Steelers have some pass blocking issues that could get Big Ben killed.

But yeah, the local media has been talking about the Texans defense as being mediocre. I would LOVE for them to be mediocre. They have been down right awful. Like bottom of the barrel statistically in both pass and run defense. Teams can pick their poison against the team.

The only good defensive shows the Texans have made have been against teams that have their own problems on offense (struggling Cutler, TB with backup QB, Brees with the mess last year), and usually looked better at home.

Even then, the vanilla defense made even Joey Freaking Harrington look good last year. (my goof on that last year). That was a defense that still had Dunta.

Here is my post game that explains some of the factors that pointed toward a stomping last week.

My view is that the best hope for the 2008 Texans is for the offense to get it together and keep the defense off the field.

There is little reason to believe that the Texans defense is going to be any better than their very poor rankings of the last two year.

The best hope is for big improvement for the Texans is for Alex Gibbs' magic fairy dust to take hold and turn the pumpkins we are depending on ini the offense into NFL starters. Clearly, it didn't happen in a loud road venue against a good defense. Hopefully, they can do it next week.

They have to survive September without their entire confidence shot and their few playmakers injured.

Kubiak will be judged at the end of the season not after one game. if this team goes 4-12 or worse, then he probably will lose his job. But we can't judge a season after one game as bad as it was.

Very well said. I always want this team to win but lets be realistic. How many teams could have gone into Pittsburgh with the number 1 rated defense last season and not been thrown off course. I don't think Kubiak is on anyones hotseat after one game on the road to open the season. Its only one game and the way the NFL scheduled us the first month...if we are 2-2 at the end of september I will be ok with it. Our fans and some of the silly comments they make is the reason I wear earplugs to the games..lol

That Mario Williams was able to get two sacks when Pittsburgh wasn't throwing the ball much is evidence of:

1. He is the man.

But yeah, the local media has been talking about the Texans defense as being mediocre. I would LOVE for them to be mediocre. They have been down right awful. Like bottom of the barrel statistically in both pass and run defense. Teams can pick their poison against the team.

The only good defensive shows the Texans have made have been against teams that have their own problems on offense (struggling Cutler, TB with backup QB, Brees with the mess last year), and usually looked better at home.

Even then, the vanilla defense made even Joey Freaking Harrington look good last year. (my goof on that last year). That was a defense that still had Dunta.

Here is my post game that explains some of the factors that pointed toward a stomping last week.

My view is that the best hope for the 2008 Texans is for the offense to get it together and keep the defense off the field.

There is little reason to believe that the Texans defense is going to be any better than their very poor rankings of the last two year.

The best hope is for big improvement for the Texans is for Alex Gibbs' magic fairy dust to take hold and turn the pumpkins we are depending on ini the offense into NFL starters. Clearly, it didn't happen in a loud road venue against a good defense. Hopefully, they can do it next week.

They have to survive September without their entire confidence shot and their few playmakers injured.
Speaking of Gibbs, the Oline to me seem to bepushing straight ahead for the most part. What happened to this ZBS?. You know the one we selected RBs and Oline for?

1. He is the man.

Frank Bush taking over as D.C. at or before the bye week is our best hope, IMO. At least he'll give the team an identity. With Bush as D.C., we will be an agressive, attacking defense. Wouldn't that be a welcome sight... to give up a big play because we got caught being agressive, instead of giving up a big play because we got caught napping.

After all, if the team wants to win turnover battles, perhaps playing defense on their heels and then playing offense on their heels with the coaching staff yelling at them not to turn it over- perhaps that's not the best way to go about it.

Frank Bush taking over as D.C. at or before the bye week is our best hope, IMO. At least he'll give the team an identity. With Bush as D.C., we will be an agressive, attacking defense. Wouldn't that be a welcome sight... to give up a big play because we got caught being agressive, instead of giving up a big play because we got caught napping.

After all, if the team wants to win turnover battles, perhaps playing defense on their heels and then playing offense on their heels with the coaching staff yelling at them not to turn it over- perhaps that's not the best way to go about it.

Okay. I've heard other people say the same thing so please do not take this like I am just pointing this out just to you.

What makes you think that Frank Bush will do a better job than Richard Smith has? Originally the plan was going to be a Bush-Smith co-coordinator thing, mostly because at the time we were looking for DCs, there weren't that many good candidates available.

So, my question to you is. What in Frank Bush's track record makes you think that he would do any better of a job? Here's his bio

People have mentioned Ray Rhodes too, but health/age wise, I'm not sure that is much of a solution either.

In my opinion, if you have an offensive head coach, you need a defensive guy with a proven track record of success to give the keys to the defense to. The timing isn't very good right now because it is already game on.

McNair is very very reluctant to boot coaches because he admires those organizations that are stable, that aren't the reflexive-Redskins mode. But at some point, it is likely to get very very bad.

And maybe he gets booted anyway if things get bleak enough. But the first order of bidness I'd like to see when the offseason happens is a new defensive coordinator.

Okay. I've heard other people say the same thing so please do not take this like I am just pointing this out just to you.

What makes you think that Frank Bush will do a better job than Richard Smith has? Originally the plan was going to be a Bush-Smith co-coordinator thing, mostly because at the time we were looking for DCs, there weren't that many good candidates available.

So, my question to you is. What in Frank Bush's track record makes you think that he would do any better of a job? Here's his bio

People have mentioned Ray Rhodes too, but health/age wise, I'm not sure that is much of a solution either.

In my opinion, if you have an offensive head coach, you need a defensive guy with a proven track record of success to give the keys to the defense to. The timing isn't very good right now because it is already game on.

McNair is very very reluctant to boot coaches because he admires those organizations that are stable, that aren't the reflexive-Redskins mode. But at some point, it is likely to get very very bad.

And maybe he gets booted anyway if things get bleak enough. But the first order of bidness I'd like to see when the offseason happens is a new defensive coordinator.

not to mention both have Denver ties to Kubiak during the same period. :cool:

Speaking of Gibbs, the Oline to me seem to bepushing straight ahead for the most part. What happened to this ZBS?. You know the one we selected RBs and Oline for?

The reason why most teams in the league don't run as much zone as Denver traditionally did under Gibbs is that it is hard to teach and that you have to have some consistency on the line. Yeah, all offensive lines play better with continuity, but his form of ZBS is more that way.

To further complicate it, we have a new center, a guard that is a ?, and a baby left tackle.

And with the limited roster spaces this year, you couldn't work as hard in camp as you have been able to in years past.

And new, mostly inexperienced lines, on the road = pile of goo.

And running back group that as a whole is below average...not so good.

This doesn't mean Alex Gibbs won't eventually defecate diamonds...but maybe not right away. (sorry for the imagery). But usually, when your off season moves mostly depend on your coaching staff coaching up guys, you need to worry a bit.

I'd love a proven guy. However, I think Bush makes the most sense on an interim basis. I know that the defense he was part of in Arizona was an agressive one and I believe he was one of the architects of that scheme. Also, he is first on Kubes list in '06...

He's not my ideal choice. Only the best choice I see given the circumstances.

I'd love a proven guy. However, I think Bush makes the most sense on an interim basis. I know that the defense he was part of in Arizona was an agressive one and I believe he was one of the architects of that scheme. Also, he is first on Kubes list in '06...

He's not my ideal choice. Only the best choice I see given the circumstances.

That is the key word. There should be much better choices on the market after the season is finished IF this were to happen.

Gary Kubiak should totally be on the hot seat.

Our running game was supposed to get so much better under him and his great running system. It has only gotten worse.

We have added better defensive players and our defense hasn't gotten that much better.

He said that he felt that he could WIN with Carr. Maybe he said that he get hired, but that is still a speculative guess. What happened to Shaub all of a sudden now? Kubiak didn't even allow Rosenfels to compete for the starting job with Shaub for god sakes. If Shaub isn't a good QB, then that whole thing will really bother me.

Kubiak hasn't done a bad job at all. He has done a decent job.

I'm not saying he should be fired, but he should be on the hot seat. This will be his 3rd year here, and we should be improving. There are plenty of other coaches around the league that are on the hot seat like Mangini, Marinelli, and a few others, so why should Kubiak not be amonst others who are in the hot seat who have been with their teams around the same amount of time? So many fans bought into Kubiak as soon as he got here before he even accomplished anything. He hasn't proven that he is the real deal as a head coach. He hasn't proven that he isn't either. I'd say that this season should tell us for the most part by the end.

Personally I would love to make a play for Bill Cowher. I'd take him over anyone else right now. I bet that he'd want to come here as well.

Gary Kubiak should totally be on the hot seat.

Our running game was supposed to get so much better under him and his great running system. It has only gotten worse.

We have added better defensive players and our defense hasn't gotten that much better.

He said that he felt that he could WIN with Carr. Maybe he said that he get hired, but that is still a speculative guess. What happened to Shaub all of a sudden now? Kubiak didn't even allow Rosenfels to compete for the starting job with Shaub for god sakes. If Shaub isn't a good QB, then that whole thing will really bother me.

Kubiak hasn't done a bad job at all. He has done a decent job.

I'm not saying he should be fired, but he should be on the hot seat. This will be his 3rd year here, and we should be improving. There are plenty of other coaches around the league that are on the hot seat like Mangini, Marinelli, and a few others, so why should Kubiak not be amonst others who are in the hot seat who have been with their teams around the same amount of time? So many fans bought into Kubiak as soon as he got here before he even accomplished anything. He hasn't proven that he is the real deal as a head coach. He hasn't proven that he isn't either. I'd say that this season should tell us for the most part by the end.

Personally I would love to make a play for Bill Cowher. I'd take him over anyone else right now. I bet that he'd want to come here as well.

Cowher left his home city. Cowher lives in NC. Why would Cowher want to come to Houston Texas after we would fire the previous coach after three years?

My big thing is to be three years into a rebuilding project and to not just get beat, but to get their manhood taken from them is very telling.

Anyone care to guess where the Dolphins will be in three years after Parcells has taken over. Yeah, yeah, he'll be one or two years from leaving at that point, but they'll be contending. His track record suggests that is what will happen.

Anyone care to guess where we are three years in? I know it is the first game and I didn't expect to beat the Steelers on the road in their home opener, but I did expect us to fight, be in the game, & not be glad that they didn't hang half a hundred on us....because they certainly could have.:gun:

We're moving into Bengals, Buccaneers, & dare I say Cards territory. While it might take decades to move into Cards territory, we're certainly gaining the reputation as a franchise of hapless losers who can't help but step on our schlongs year after year.

A lot of folks don't want to put Kubes on the hot seat, but I'm from the school of thought that you give the keys to the head man or woman and let them do their job. If they don't, you fire them and find someone else. If Richard Smith is the reason for our moribund defense, then Kubes needs to address it or fire him. If he can't or won't do that, then he deserves to go down with the ship. No excuses.

Your use of the word dumb is not really the best terminology to make your point.

Take away the Carr situation, I see some very similar traits of Kubiak's teams to Caper's teams.

The next 4 to 5 games will show us a lot. The Texans post only 1 or 2 wins during that stretch and play similarily to their play against the Steelers or marginal improvement, this is 2005 all over again.

This is year 3 of Kubiak and still he hasn't got the Texans close to turning the the corner.

I think 8-8 last year was close. The offense was terrible against one of the best Defenses in the league.

In my opinion I think if anyone should be on the hot seat it should be Richard Smith.

The complete lack of run defense in inexcusable.

Kubes has had his pressers and he has said the Defense line played well,
What game was he watching?
Playoffs, Who said anything about playoffs

Well Mr. Kubiak I think you did.

He has a Hot seat and he deserves it after putting that on the feild for opening day.

Mario I think might have saved the fire Kubiak threads, I do not know but He has got to get this team under control or what good is he to us.

We are not here to pay for a lets watch the Kubiak Ego at Reliant.

We want a Winning Football Team.

That being said if Kubiak thinks David Shaub is the hero then he had better prove it sunday.

We have a QB who is willing to take risks to win a game and I do not see Matt Carr doing that.

If the Line cannot block then get rid of the ball in 4 seconds MATT!!!!!

How Bout MATT doing a shotgun, or does he know how to do that.

This team is better than they showed and why did the defense do better in the previous years, could it be coaching?

Come on Fans we are going after the Ravens and they shall win here nevermore. We are gonna need the 12th man for this one.

Present and accounted for.

Back