Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Think the Texans chances are better after loss

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I didn't mind losing to the Patriots at all in that loss. I'm glad the Texans were hammered as well. They needed it. A good beat down like that hopefully woke them up and inspired an extra edge in practice this week. I think it will.I felt this way after the Texans got smashed by the Packers, and they responded very well for several games and then sort of lost focus a bit and got sloppy. We're a lot closer to the post season now, and a good wake up call like that game was probably the kind of humble pie a team like this needs before going into the playoffs with higher stakes against the best teams.

The Patriots crushed the Jets two seasons ago towards the end of the season in their own stadium and humiliated them. The Pats went 14-2 that season and looked unstoppable. They lost in the playoffs to the Jets though. The Patriots also lost to the Giants in the SB after beating them in the regular season the year they almost went perfect. The Texans have played them now and seen their best. They haven't played the Texans at their best. I like the Texans chances a lot more now going forward after being humbled.

I really feel like Andrew Luck is going to have his hands full this weekend against an angry team that has a to prove now.

it wasn't that they lost, it was how they lost. I think they were exposed and lost some confidence. I'm a bit afraid (pessimestic) of any top tier qb going forward

it wasn't that they lost, it was how they lost. I think they were exposed and lost some confidence. I'm a bit afraid (pessimestic) of any top tier qb going forward

Na i have confidence they will get it together and cruise to New Orleans where hopefully we can see green bay again....

^^Naturally - you will feel that, until the Texans kick the door down and go:kingkong: ape sh--- :kingkong: on a premier team with a premier qb.:toropalm:

OP - good points - 1 of your examples involve a crap qb, the other is, well ---a Manning. So 50-50, not bad. I like your optimism and hope the Texans rise up to the occasion.:goodpost:

Last edited:
I didn't mind losing to the Patriots at all in that loss. I'm glad the Texans were hammered as well. They needed it. A good beat down like that hopefully woke them up and inspired an extra edge in practice this week. I think it will.I felt this way after the Texans got smashed by the Packers, and they responded very well for several games and then sort of lost focus a bit and got sloppy. We're a lot closer to the post season now, and a good wake up call like that game was probably the kind of humble pie a team like this needs before going into the playoffs with higher stakes against the best teams.

The Patriots crushed the Jets two seasons ago towards the end of the season in their own stadium and humiliated them. The Pats went 14-2 that season and looked unstoppable. They lost in the playoffs to the Jets though. The Patriots also lost to the Giants in the SB after beating them in the regular season the year they almost went perfect. The Texans have played them now and seen their best. They haven't played the Texans at their best. I like the Texans chances a lot more now going forward after being humbled.

I really feel like Andrew Luck is going to have his hands full this weekend against an angry team that has a to prove now.

You know Tex, we've had our differences but this time I think you might be on to something. I hope like hell you're right. I hope the team as a whole is steaming about that "ass whippin'" to quote Andre. I hope they play pissed off the rest of the year and on into the playoffs... just to get another crack at Brady & Co.

I think you are right. Tomorrow will tell us quite a bit. Will we play a near complete game like vs the Ravens? Not so sure, as the Colts will put points on the board, but we can control the result leaving little doubt from start to finish.

But the question will always remain can we beat an elite QB in a big game, until we actually do so. Luck is not elite yet.

Last edited:

That could possibly happen as well. They had only lost one game though and the Texans are still a pretty complete team assuming the defense plays better in the next few games. I think they were playing to well before for that not to happen. Playing against Andrew Luck twice before the playoffs should have them a little bit more prepared for a great QB. I'm thinking that a real close loss with a ton of bad plays would have disguised bigger problems. It has in some of these recent wins we've had. Getting smothered and exposed like the Texans did is going to force them to adjust and adapt a lot more going forward and to fix these problems on the defense. If this kind of embarrassing loss can't ignite this team and put a chip on their shoulder then they've got poor leadership. I think they're going to be ready tomorrow.

Hmm

Fyi the giants example a poor one...the regular season game was back and forth, capped off by a 4th q winning drive...just like the sb. Just went the other way. Hardly a huge change.

The jets, on the other hand, very comparable. They came back in the playoffs and played like it was their superbowl. Will the texans do the same?

I think it comes down to homefield. If texans hang on to it...and start the playoff game with a good opening drive...I can see the crowd getting into it and texans playing inspired football.
Wade has his work cut out for him no matter what...but in that case Texans could very well win.

That said, if they have to go back to Foxboro...I expect the deer in headlight look again, at least at the beginning..and probably more fight from the Texans, but patsd romp

Hmm

Fyi the giants example a poor one...the regular season game was back and forth, capped off by a 4th q winning drive...just like the sb. Just went the other way. Hardly a huge change.

The jets, on the other hand, very comparable. They came back in the playoffs and played like it was their superbowl. Will the texans do the same?

I think it comes down to homefield. If texans hang on to it...and start the playoff game with a good opening drive...I can see the crowd getting into it and texans playing inspired football.
Wade has his work cut out for him no matter what...but in that case Texans could very well win.

That said, if they have to go back to Foxboro...I expect the deer in headlight look again, at least at the beginning..and probably more fight from the Texans, but patsd romp

Well I don't mean just against the Patriots, I mean more in general against all teams. The Texans hadn't been playing that great in their last few games, and a wake up call was the chin check they're going to need for these next few games. The Texans need to get back to the reality that if you're not playing with full fire and on all cylinders every week you can not only lose, but you can get destroyed. The Texans also know that it is very likely that they could find the Patriots and also the Broncos in the playoffs, so they'll really need to get their game in check. A beat down like they got is the perfect thing to do that.

Hmm

You can't have enough of us, now can you :)

Hmm

Looking at your neg rep I thought I was on Shaggy Bevo for a second. How in the world did you get neg repped up like that on this site??

Anyway, I agree with your post. That Giants loss actually gave them confidence that they could hang with the Pats which carried over to the SB.

This Texans loss actually could have the opposite effect.

Looking at your neg rep I thought I was on Shaggy Bevo for a second. How in the world did you get neg repped up like that on this site??

Anyway, I agree with your post. That Giants loss actually gave them confidence that they could hang with the Pats which carried over to the SB.

This Texans loss actually could have the opposite effect.
Only thing i can think of is talk smack and not be in the smack talk section:lion:

Is this where we start the cliche', "Remember Foxborough!" Battle cray that gets the Texans through to the Super Bowl.

Similar to the Alamo. Santa Anna came in and whooped some ass, then got it handed to him in San Jacinto.

So, let's lock down homefield, and when the New England Santa Anna's come back, we'll hold it down not far from where Santa Anna fought his last battle.

It's time for the Bulls to put on a Parade!

:cjeremy635:

I don’t know, I think that loss, and the way the Texans lost, rather than be a wake-up call and provide inspiration, could have the opposite effect and be a demoralizing factor. I’m not so sure that they won’t be pushing hard against the Colts and as a result make numerous mistakes that cost them the game.
If that happens, this could be the blow that starts a downward spiral and costs the Texans the division championship and allows for a quick exit from the play-offs.
I do have to go on record that I think it doesn’t really matter though, I see this team as a possible one and done in the play-offs. I hope I’m wrong.

I used to always look at how certain teams did the week before they played the Texans to "predict" whether we have a chance or not. For teams like the Titans, Dolphins, Chiefs, it didn't matter. We were going to beat them anyway, because we were the better team.

But when it came to a team like the Colts, Steelers, etc... I would worry if they lost the game before. I knew they would be focused, wouldn't slip, & we'd be guaranteed to get the best game they could muster.

Good teams don't normally lose 2 in a row.

It happens, but it is unusual. I hope the Texans have become one of those teams that don't lose two in a row.

That could possibly happen as well. They had only lost one game though and the Texans are still a pretty complete team assuming the defense plays better in the next few games. I think they were playing to well before for that not to happen. Playing against Andrew Luck twice before the playoffs should have them a little bit more prepared for a great QB. I'm thinking that a real close loss with a ton of bad plays would have disguised bigger problems. It has in some of these recent wins we've had. Getting smothered and exposed like the Texans did is going to force them to adjust and adapt a lot more going forward and to fix these problems on the defense. If this kind of embarrassing loss can't ignite this team and put a chip on their shoulder then they've got poor leadership. I think they're going to be ready tomorrow.

I have a difficult time accepting Andrew Luck as a "great QB" that will prepare us for elite or even very good veteran QBs in the playoffs. Luck has had no vision for where the CBs are........one of his problems in college and one of his main even more glaring negatives in the NFL. If we come out with any win over Luck that does not limit his passing TDs to one or less, going into the playoffs confident in our pass rush/pass defense will be the equivalent of wearing the emperor's clothes.

The only team that can beat the Texans are the Texans. Which team shows up each Sunday is what keeps my stomach churning.

I totally agree with you on this one Tex. I have seen good teams get dominated before in the regular season and then they start turning the tide little by little. I just hope the secondary gets it together soon.

i like the texans chances after a kubiak speech. he has one or two a year, and each time the team goes to another level. earlier this year he took the captains aside, and the team rallied around it. this time he called out the whole team. i expect our guys to come out with a very angry purpose tomorrow.

I agree it's a good thing they lost, however I'm not certain it gives them a better chance. They need to improve in many areas to win a superbowl as well as have some good fortune in those playoffs games. Now they know it. Everyone could see they were getting worse instead of better the last few weeks, and a wakeup call is exactly what they needed. You can make injury excuses but every team deals with that. The talent level is there, and nobody knows how schaub will play in the playoffs where qbs with stats worse than his have become elite in the eyes of many.

I am sure they will work hard, and we will see them improve on their weaknesses. This is the perfect stretch of the season to start playing your best football. The confidence level that comes with playoff success means that they will be confident and formidable for many more seasons. Once they accomplish that I am certain these prime time measuring stick games won't be as embarrassing and hard to watch. That and Aaron Rodgers can't throw for career high in touchdowns every time we play.

We are in a place where we have never been before. 11-2

But we still have to learn what it takes to play with the big boys.

We beat Peyton (luckily it was early in the season), but Rogers and Brady are a different breed of QB that most of the others.

I only hope that Wade is holding something back for the playoffs.

I think this game against Indy will tell up a lot about the team. If we come out and kick some butt like the Raven's game, I think we should be ok.

I have a difficult time accepting Andrew Luck as a "great QB" that will prepare us for elite or even very good veteran QBs in the playoffs. Luck has had no vision for where the CBs are........one of his problems in college and one of his main even more glaring negatives in the NFL. If we come out with any win over Luck that does not limit his passing TDs to one or less, going into the playoffs confident in our pass rush/pass defense will be the equivalent of wearing the emperor's clothes.

I agree Luck is not as good as everyone is making him out to be. But his team is playoff bound most likely so they are going to be better competition than Jax and Minnesota.
I would really like our secondary to get into the habit of getting INTs again. It's been a while since we have done that and that's what is going to take to win in the playoffs.

I agree Luck is not as good as everyone is making him out to be. But his team is playoff bound most likely so they are going to be better competition than Jax and Minnesota.
I would really like our secondary to get into the habit of getting INTs again. It's been a while since we have done that and that's what is going to take to win in the playoffs.

If we fail to produce some INTs against Luck who has already mounted 18, it won't fare well for what we can reasonably expect in the playoffs. In college, Luck was scouted as having a quick release with laser accuracy. In the NFL, I have watched him consistently hold the ball too long waiting for plays to develop, and his accuracy has been of someone fighting Parkinson's. This is not even taking into account the almost transparent OL that is supposedly fending for him.

If the Texans come out focused and with a good gameplan then they should win this game against the Colts. They have responded well to posse so far this season.

Not much, we are what we are. Maybe schaub hits his stride or the D acts up. Just don't feel it with this team. I hope they go into beast mode in the playoffs but I have no money on them

You're right. It is what it is. Not a damn thing we can do about it. So let's just enjoy the best season ever in Houston NFL history.

Back