Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The who sucks more Tacks/Texans rematch

toronto

Hall of Fame
As a Titan fan, I've now reached the depths of hell. I want the loss to cement change and a better draft position. Some will call me a dumbass fan, but thats how I feel.

When I say good luck this Sunday, I actually mean it. Please win. :goodluck:

the only thing interesting about this game will be the Johnson-Finnegan rematch. LOL

As a Titan fan, I've now reached the depths of hell. I want the loss to cement change and a better draft position. Some will call me a dumbass fan, but thats how I feel.

When I say good luck this Sunday, I actually mean it. Please win. :goodluck:

Oh no, It's all you buddy.:goodluck:

At least when it's all said and done we can say we swept the Titans.

Also would be nice to be the team to cost the Jags the division and a playoff birth.

methinksthisisafoulp1.gif

:tvhorror:

so you're saying you want the Colts in the playoffs?

:backsout:

If we cant go I definately want the Colts to go.

The jax are a fluke and I hate the Tits with a passion, also the entertaintment value will be much higher with Manning in the playoffs.

GO COLTS... no, wait a minute, we still have a... chance... uhm... (go colts...) :)

If the Texans aren't winning the division, I don't care who does, even if it's the Tits. I'm interested in rooting for the Texans and hating on the Cowboys, everybody else takes a back seat to that.

Well, I've planned an entire vacation around this game, so we better win! We must have change next year, but I'm not flying to Nashville and spending a week there to see us get a better draft choice.

Also, I would rather the Colts go to the playoffs than the Jags for sure.

:fans:

If we cant go I definately want the Colts to go.

The jax are a fluke and I hate the Tits with a passion, also the entertaintment value will be much higher with Manning in the playoffs.

GO COLTS... no, wait a minute, we still have a... chance... uhm... (go colts...) :)

**** the Colts. They are soft as pillows and should be shot. Go Jags.

I feel the same, I'm kind of upset I have to go to it.

I see another Texans blowout, and (I think) their first sweep of the series. It will get ugly after this loss.

Bulluck53, in what sense do you see it getting ugly? Fans being pissed on the gotitans board regarding coaching or players or both?

Speaking of the gotitans MB, have you noticed a new poster, may go by the screen name "newtitan"?

Just wondering.

I rarely go to GoTitans. I visit TitansCentral but rarely post, not much on the team boards... a buncha homers over there :)

I just think this season is a huge embarrassment to Bud already, then being swept by the Texans for the first time capped off by (probably) a blowout loss at home? Can't imagine Fisher will get good vibes from his owner. The Nashville media is pretty soft and they are already starting to chime in and question Fisher's future here. Some fans have been saying Fisher needs to go for years; I disagree that he needed to go 3-4 years ago, but now his time is up.

I rarely go to GoTitans. I visit TitansCentral but rarely post, not much on the team boards... a buncha homers over there :)

I just think this season is a huge embarrassment to Bud already, then being swept by the Texans for the first time capped off by (probably) a blowout loss at home? Can't imagine Fisher will get good vibes from his owner. The Nashville media is pretty soft and they are already starting to chime in and question Fisher's future here. Some fans have been saying Fisher needs to go for years; I disagree that he needed to go 3-4 years ago, but now his time is up.

Thanks for the reply.

I see another Texans blowout, and (I think) their first sweep of the series. It will get ugly after this loss.

The Texans, led by the ever immortal David Carr and Dom Capers swept the Titans in 2004.

Nobody cared.

McNair threw 4 INT's in the first game that year. The second game the Titans were up 21-3 in the 2nd quarter before the Texans started playing (sound familiar?)

Courtesy of Battle Red Blog
star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

The Undercard
Right Tackle Eric Winston vs. Left Defensive End Jason Babin

Babin could care less about a win for the Titans. Look at his posing and taunting in the first match-up while being down 20-0 and look at some of his Tweets. The guy's finally having a good season, and that's what seems to matter to him, not wins.

For Winston, this has been a career-worst season. Multiple false starts, multiple holdings, multiple sacks allowed...the big fella can't do anything outside of run blocking. In the first match-up, Babin bull-rushed and embarrassed Winston for a sack, and Winston committed a few costly penalties on top of that.

If Matt Schaub's going to get pressure, it's likely coming from Winston's side, which means it's on Winston to step up and stop playing like a rookie. If the good EW can do his job, Schaub's going to pick apart the Tennessee secondary.

Strong-side Linebacker Brian Cushing vs. Running Back Chris Johnson

In the first match-up, Johnson had a career-low five rushing yards. His failure was largely due to Amobi Okoye's pressure and Brian Cushing's four tackles for a loss. Even as a receiver, Johnson could not get away from Cushing. In order for Houston to put the pressure on Kerry Collins' shoulder to win, Cushing's going to need to be all over Johnson again.

When Houston has limited Johnson to under 75 rushing yards, the Texans are 2-0 against the Titans. In the games where Johnson has gone over 75? 0-3. Cushing's tackling when Johnson tries to bounce it outside will be the defense's biggest match-up.

The Main Event
Wide Receiver Andre Johnson vs. Cornerback Cortland Finnegan

What ESPN has been hyping for weeks has arrived: The Rematch. Given all the extra attention, I don't think Johnson will do anything unless clearly provoked. Instead, as he has done since the fight, I imagine Johnson will let his on-field play do the talking.

www.battleredblog.com/.../deep-steel-blueprint-texans-vs-titans-the-rematch
:texflag:

Courtesy of Battle Red Blog
When Houston has limited Johnson to under 75 rushing yards, the Texans are 2-0 against the Titans. In the games where Johnson has gone over 75? 0-3. Cushing's tackling when Johnson tries to bounce it outside will be the defense's biggest match-up.

This stat is wrong. Johnson rushed 16 times for 196 yards and 2 TD's in a loss in week 2 of the 2009 season. Love the guys at BRB but they missed that one by a long shot.

The Texans, led by the ever immortal David Carr and Dom Capers swept the Titans in 2004.

Nobody cared.

McNair threw 4 INT's in the first game that year. The second game the Titans were up 21-3 in the 2nd quarter before the Texans started playing (sound familiar?)

Yes it does, I've tried to erase the 04 and 05 seasons from my memory... this year won't be far behind

Back