Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Titans just go alot better...

very bittersweet feeling for you guys i'm sure. on one hand, it's great to see Young spiral down back to the nothingness he came from. but on the other hand, the Titans are much more dangerous now

I won't pretend to speak for anyone else, but for me, I never really hated VY. I thought he was awesome at UT, and once he went to the Tacks, I afforded him the appropriate amount of rival hatred - the same as Kerry Collins, to be honest. What always annoyed the crap out of me was never VY; it was his hangers-on with the man crushes. It's like being surrounded by Cowboys fans, only worse. Thankfully, we're down to just a few die hard VY nuthuggers. Once VY fades, then we can all look back and appreciate his UT career.

VY didn't look good but he finally has one weapon to work with (chris johnson) and used him well. maybe if someone else on the Titans could catch a football, VY would get the stats that you so crave from your QB.....

Bo Scaife had 6 Receptions for 105 Yards so don't give me the excuse that noone else on his team can catch.

The issue is, Vince needs to stop throwing the ball to the other team.

well Schaub had good stats today and you know what? It didn't mean squat. He was total garbage too but he has stats and it seems all that matters to you. Fisher's offense is never going to be pass happy irregardless of who they have behind center....

Schaub had marginally better stats than Young. I wouldn't call them good stats.

They both played terrible.

The difference is that the Titans' running game and Defense played better against the Jaguars than Texans' running game and Defense played against the Steelers.

And no I'm not happy that Vince Young will be out with an injury because as the Thread title says, the Titans did just get alot better.

wasting a small fortune at QB? well as Texans fans we would know a whole lot about that...in fact, it looks like we are 2 for 2 in wasting money and draft picks on a QB prospect.

as texans fans we have no stone to stand on today. we were humiliated and pointing at other teams that won and laughing is pretty much lowest common denominator.

why are u staunchly defending these dudes on another teams mb? Okay, so we got smashed as expected yesterday, anyone who actually pays attention to the teams in the NFL knew that Pitt was a SB contender & figured that was going to happen. Most fans here knew this as well despite the few here who display unbridled homerisim....but even still it's our MB to do that.

The most ignorant football fan can see that the titans are winning their games on defense & in spite of VY....so your whole little logic of "we shouldn't be talking b/c we lost & VY led his team to victory......" goes out the window. We're gonna talk smack regardless b/c they are a divisional rival & b/c of the history that franchise's owner stole from us......that fat wrinkle POS.

You on the other hand, seem to be in denial about your boy. VY's got a great new toy in CJ, one of the best coaches in the NFL, a great defense backing him & a fan base who up until yesterday adored him..... all that & he still managed to look terrible. You say he used his weapons well, all he did was hand off & hit short PA dump offs to CJ with the occassional throw down the field (sound familiar?) hardly playing well. The only reason J-ville was able to hang around in that game till the end was b/c he kept screwing up & giving them the ball back.

To top it all off, he's on the sideline pouting like a little kid when he does screw up. Things like that don't go over well with the fans & they let him know about it yesterday (booed during his 2nd int). I would say that he's starting to fill out that "coach killer" sweater very nicely, but i know fisher would get rid of him before he ever got put on the hot seat in Tenn. He's looking more & more like the person you continue to trash to this day even though he's no longer on the team.....a bust of epic proportions.

Im suprised to see Titan fans hating on VY, while he is not as great as everyone says he is, he does find a way to won games. I dont see him being the next great QB or a backup. He will have some good years and some bad, overall and average career, but I agree with the UT comment hopefully now we can start to look back at his great UT career than his NFL.

Im suprised to see Titan fans hating on VY, while he is not as great as everyone says he is, he does find a way to won games.
he finds a way to win games by not messing up the exchange between the ball and the runningback. also he doesn't get in the way of the defense.

Im suprised to see Titan fans hating on VY, while he is not as great as everyone says he is, he does find a way to won games. I dont see him being the next great QB or a backup. He will have some good years and some bad, overall and average career, but I agree with the UT comment hopefully now we can start to look back at his great UT career than his NFL.

winning doesnt matter imatexan...didn't you get the memo from Specnatz the Statboy? its all about stats nowadays.

winning doesnt matter imatexan...didn't you get the memo from Specnatz the Statboy? its all about stats nowadays.

Did I hurt your little feelings by saying vince young sucks and that the titans win not because of him but inspite of him. It is funny how you make it personal when discusssing mr crybaby cause they boo him.

In fact I find it rather funny that you are crying just like your hero.

Back