Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The thing that upsets me the most

The Dream

All Pro
I must say that in all my years of watching the Texans play that yesterday was probably the most entertaining game that I've seen from this franchise. It's the day after and I feel sick. I'm only 21 so I didn't get a chance to see the Oilers in the "Luv Ya Blue" days. I grew up watching Moon, Dishman, Jefferies,Bishop, McNair, George, etc., but I never got a chance to see the city going crazy over our football team like they used to. I was sitting at work yesterday screaming and having a great time....and this was at work. I was happy at the moment when Vince scored a touchdown (and during the game), but it was mainly because it was a "I told you so" moment. Shortly after I felt a sick feeling in my stomach, because I realized that for all the fun I had watching the game yesterday, that it still wasn't my team who was benefitting from the fun. I'm a college student who pays his tuition who doesn't have a lot of money and I can honestly tell you that if I were to get that kind of excitement out of my team week after week, that I WOULD find some way to at least make 1 or 2 home games a year.....it was that good. I think what upsets me the most is that not only do we lose, but we're just not a very exciting team to watch. As much as I bash Carr (and I do bash him) even I am getting sick of doing it. It's time for a change, it's time for excitement, it's time to make the right draft choice this time. Give me something to cheer about Bob McNair!!!

there was a little 'i told you so' at the end of the game from me but mainly an inner empty feeling of what could have been. That could have been VY ripping BUDS heart out...instead it was the other way around. I wanted VY but the fact that I was right didn't make that loss any more pallatable..in fact it made it that much more harsh of a loss in the end and days to follow

Atleast we have the Rockets, thats how I'm getting by.

that was the same thing a group of us were talking about while tailgating after the game.

sad fact is the Texans may go from being the top ticket in town to being 3rd string behind Stros and Rockets....that is unless VY is coming home

Yeah, I think it's tougher for those that saw it coming, sure there was some satisfaction in being able to say I told you so, but that's far outweighed by the pain of knowing what could have been. As fans we were absolutely robbed by this front office. It's hard to even put in words how much of a lovefest it would be with VY in battle red. There's still probably some in denial about what could have been, but I think most people realize what's happening here now.

this could only happen in Houston....this has got to be one of the worst weekends in Houston sports history....We lose Andy (and probably Roger), Tmac's back is starting to act up, and then "the game"

The ironic thing is that Houston pro franchises are probably best known for having their success with homegrown talent. Hakeem, Clyde, Earl, Clemens, Pettitte, Berkman and others.

The ironic thing is that Houston pro franchises are probably best known for having their success with homegrown talent. Hakeem, Clyde, Earl, Clemens, Pettitte, Berkman and others.

Vince could've been the next Earl, Hakeem, Roger, etc.

Vince could've been the next Earl, Hakeem, Roger, etc.

Vince is Bum and Earl all wrapped up in one marvelous package. I'm glad Tenn got him. He would have gone to waste here under Col Kubiak. Could you see Kubiak working with Vince on his footwork and on the play and then Vince ad libs and runs the length of the field. I don't see Kubiak giving up that much control being a new guy trying to prove himself. Fisher's like, You go Vince. Perfect for Vince and no home town pressure. Admit it. The Texans would have screwed with his game.

Vince is Bum and Earl all wrapped up in one marvelous package. I'm glad Tenn got him. He would have gone to waste here under Col Kubiak. Could you see Kubiak working with Vince on his footwork and on the play and then Vince ad libs and runs the length of the field. I don't see Kubiak giving up that much control being a new guy trying to prove himself. Fisher's like, You go Vince. Perfect for Vince and no home town pressure. Admit it. The Texans would have screwed with his game.

Thats not true. God forbid if a man who played the position at the highest level possible and is now a coach.......tries to coach the position that he played......gee that makes no sense what so ever :rolleyes:

Nobody knows how Kubiak would of done with Young, he doesn't play here, so don't speculate.

I do know one thing though, every QB the guy has ever coached has loved him and they all say he made them a better player.......including the great Steve Young, who btw also had running ability and had his best years under Kubiak.

Back