Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Sexy Pick

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to get worried.

Baldinger, Sharpe, now Marcellus Wiley.

Too many people are picking us to upset the Colts.

I don't know how to handle this.

At least Schlereth picked us to lose. So that's good.

I'm starting to get worried.

Baldinger, Sharpe, now Marcellus Wiley.

Too many people are picking us to upset the Colts.

I don't know how to handle this.

At least Schlereth picked us to lose. So that's good.

Contrary to what our fans on the boards believe, this team is not as bad as the doom and gloomers are saying. And the if we play like we did last week, the Colts are beatable. We are only a few plays away from being 2-1.

Good teams know they will make those plays, our team has not gotten to the point that they know.

Contrary to what our fans on the boards believe, this team is not as bad as the doom and gloomers are saying.

0-3 will do that to a fanbase. :whistle:

I think we can play better than we have in these first three games, as well, FWIW. We just have to wait and see if they do it.

I think we'll win...and Slaton and Green will be the reason why...

Yes Green...Ahman Green. Hopefully Slaton will take off the load for Green and we will finally get some production from him...kinda like how MJD took the load off of Fred Taylor.

How do you take the load off of Green? Keep him from getting on the field at all? He'd probably trip on a gatoraid cup and break an ankle.

I can't even say, "Keep him from taking a single hit," because that wouldn't be enough protection for him.

Funny for nothing different to happen since the lost everyone has this sudden confidence, as for me I never lost it.:texflag:

How do you take the load off of Green? Keep him from getting on the field at all? He'd probably trip on a gatoraid cup and break an ankle.

I can't even say, "Keep him from taking a single hit," because that wouldn't be enough protection for him.

Maybe just limit him from back-2-back carries. It sounds small but it could make a big difference for him.

So which one of those guys do you think is sexy? 'Cuz I think they're all ugly men.

Granted, I picked the Texans this week too, so maybe you think *I'm* sexy...

for what its worth this is the first game of the season I placed a wager on the Texans :texflag:

i've fallen into that trap with a few guys as well, i've noticed everyone picking us as well. makes me nervous. agree that it's a must win for both sides.

This is a huge game for us win and be 1-3 and be some what happy or loose and be 0-4 and our hearts will really just sink.

I've already sunk, Gary. So this week won't affect me. But if we can win at least 3 of these home games, I can start to feel better again.

I have to admit that I was worried about Schaub's performance the first 2 games, but he put together a nice game against the Jags last week. Now the Defense still scares the **#% out of me.

I have to admit that I was worried about Schaub's performance the first 2 games, but he put together a nice game against the Jags last week. Now the Defense still scares the **#% out of me.

I'm not a moron, just because I think the team is better than the masses think it is, doesn't mean the defense doesn't scare me also.

Those talking heads don't have an idea who's going to win any game ever. I don't think it's a jinx but it would probably be better if they were saying we were going to get killed. Then it would be a reverse jinx which could turn into good juju.

The defense worried me before the first pre season game and they have yet to do anything to change my mind. The offense is going to have to continue to carry us when they do we have a chance to win when they dont we will look awful.

Contrary to what our fans on the boards believe, this team is not as bad as the doom and gloomers are saying. And the if we play like we did last week, the Colts are beatable. We are only a few plays away from being 2-1.

Good teams know they will make those plays, our team has not gotten to the point that they know.

I like our chances. This Colts team has already lost twice. I don't think they're the same team they were a few years ago.

Last edited:
I agree that Slaton is part of the reason that we're getting some run, and that doesn't make me any more optimistic than before, actually. While I have concerns about specific players or positions, I never have really worried too much about the offense. The offense put up over 5K yards last season with all the problems, so I know they'll produce this year as well. It's one area that no one can really criticize Kubiak much at all.

Our defense is why we're a terrible team and why we'll continue to be a terrible team. Our offense is good, but not quite good enough to overcome a defense that is consistently near the bottom of the league in yards allowed, 3rd down % allowed, and scoring. Sure, we'll see some wins against teams like the Raiders or Dolphins (maybe not those specifically), but the defense is not good enough to beat the Colts, even with an ailing Manning.

So the offense will have to beat the Colts by owning T.O.P. We'll see if that happens, but when the commentators are picking the Texans, I wonder if they've really watched this defense. If we had an offense that was in the bottom 25% of the league and a defense that was as good as our offense currently is, we'd win more games.

I agree with all of that, and that's why we aren't a good team or not a playoff team. If we were we'd be at the very least 1-2, and likely 2-1 as you suggest.
But the season opener in Pittsburg was just about too much to stomach.
What an embarrassment. And the team probably isn't "THAT" bad, so its squarely upon Kubiak that they were so unprepared to compete and McNair should certainly realize it.

I agree with all of that, and that's why we aren't a good team or not a playoff team. If we were we'd be at the very least 1-2, and likely 2-1 as you suggest.
But the season opener in Pittsburg was just about too much to stomach.
What an embarrassment. And the team probably isn't "THAT" bad, so its squarely upon Kubiak that they were so unprepared to compete and McNair should certainly realize it.

That Pittsburgh game was difficult to swallow. But lots of good teams have bad games (sometimes, a series of bad games) but a good team is able to get its mind right and recover from those bad games. So, I'll give them that one really bad game.

Last year, I think we had a good year, but after the San Diego game, I was devastated because they'd had a series of 5 games where they didn't play well. But then they turned it around.

I mean, look at the Jaguars last year. They were a good team that finished 11-5. But they got stomped by the Colts 29-7 and they get trounced by the Saints 41-24.

How about the Titans last year? They got into the playoffs even though they lost 35-6 to the Bengals.

And the Steelers last year? They went 10-6 and won their division even though the Patriots beat them 34-13.

But perhaps the best example is last year's Chargers. They went 11-5 and were a great team. But they lost 38-14 to the Patriots, 30-16 to the CHIEFS, and 35-17 to the Vikings.

Those were good, strong playoff teams. And I don't think we're in that echelon, yet. So I'm going to try to keep myself away from the suicide watch after getting blown out in a game.

I'm just going to hope that the Steeler game was an anomaly where we walked into a buzz saw with the wrong gameplan and had a bad day from our QB. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans 31-12 loss was closer than it looked and even though we didn't play well, we showed signs of life. And I feel better about that game than the Steeler game.

My hope is that we've got our heads on straight now and that the Jaguar game was an indication of the team that we're going to get from here on out. I don't think this is a 0 win team like some people have been saying. I don't even think this is only a 5 win team like some people have been saying. I think this team is who we thought it was during the preseason, an 8-9 win team.

:fans:

Look....you can be ordinary at one defensive spot and make it. But you can't be ordinary in two spots, run Richard Smith off or not, and compete in the NFL. We have ordinary safeties and ordinary OLBs. Stir that up with the fact that Weaver's basically been an MIA for three years...you can whip up hope all you want...praying and hoping for relief will only get you so far. Jesus can only do so much.

We drafted Omobi Okoye for this moment (game). If Okoye breaks out and gets in Manning's face they have a chance. If he doesn't , ....the instant Manning slips on his cleats and trots out on to the field Sunday, we're toast.

Last edited:
Look....you can be ordinary at one defensive spot and make it. But you can't be ordinary in two spots, run Richard Smith off or not, and compete in the NFL. We have ordinary safeties and ordinary OLBs. Stir that up with the fact that Weaver's basically been an MIA for three years...you can whip up hope all you want...praying and hoping for relief will only get you so far. Jesus can only do so much.

We drafted Omobi Okoye for this game. If Okoye breaks out and gets in Manning's face they have a chance. If he doesn't , ....the moment Manning slips on his shoes and trots out on to the field, we're toast.

Agreed although I don't think it all has to rest on Amobi. If our DL and maybe an OLB or two can bust through on enough occassions to shake Manning up, then I think we stand a good chance. Otherwise we could be in trouble. Also, Special Teams showing up big (Like it did the last home game vs the Colts) would help.

for what its worth this is the first game of the season I placed a wager on the Texans :texflag:

empty_pockets.gif

Back