Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
If the Texans are going to make it to New Orleans they MUST beat the Colts and secure the homefield advantage.

If they lose tomorrow with so much at stake, I think it's safe to say the wheels have officially come off and they won't make it past the 2nd round.

Tomorrow is going to show us a LOT about this team, especially the ones whom are getting murdered this week on this board, namely Schaub and Kubiak.

I am looking at this as a playoff game and am pretty jacked up. I really hope they don't blow this one because last night I dreamed that they did and I don't want that feeling again.

In my dream Schaub was having a terrible game and they were getting killed. I started throwing stuff in my dream and woke up mad. It took a few seconds for me to realize it was Saturday morning and the game hadn't started yet. So with that I was relieved (at least until kickoff).

Anyway ... enough with the negative. It's time to get jacked up again!

I'm debating getting loud for this game...

Yeah, I think I will. **** it.

JJ-Watt-Houston-Texans-tunnel-scream.jpg

Had a dream like that last Saturday.:cutthroat: I agree with you Hookem, this game will tell us all about this years Texans.

hmmm... ironic

I had the same dream!
The same night and also woke up mad, the Texans better prove me wrong..

I had to bust out the madden and smash the Colts to feel better!

I don't want to put to much on this game. That's a sure way to knee jerk city. If we beat the Colts, it don't mean a thing. They are a bad team that's having an amazing Cinderella type season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. Beatinv them is what we're supposed to do.

If we lose, it doesn't really tell us much. They're having a Cinderella season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. It's not a play-off game & we're still alive.

It would be nice if we get hot & we can see it. But even a blowout won't tell us that we are ready & there will be many here to remind us. Just like they remind us that our wins vs Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, & our last win against Indy don't mean anything. Fool's gold they'll say.

The bye week would be nice. The number one seed would be nice. But the last two Super Bowl teams didn't have bye weeks. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they didn't have a bye week & if I remember right, the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they didn't have a bye week & this team could use some extra playing time.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win. Thats what I do. This isnt just another game, but it's not a play-off game either.

Ok OK is it just me or does so many fans having the same dream about us getting killed in todays game sound like bad karma.

Hopefully they were just your common nightmare and not some Final Destination premonition to where play off death hunts down the texans for escaping with their lives this sunday :kitten:

I'm drunk enough right now so when when I wake up in time for the game I'll still be feeling it. So just in case the Texans lose, I won't care so much because I'm hungover. :toropalm:

I think the Texans win this one, but I've prepared myself for the worst :D...:(

I don't want to put to much on this game. That's a sure way to knee jerk city. If we beat the Colts, it don't mean a thing. They are a bad team that's having an amazing Cinderella type season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. Beatinv them is what we're supposed to do.

If we lose, it doesn't really tell us much. They're having a Cinderella season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. It's not a play-off game & we're still alive.

It would be nice if we get hot & we can see it. But even a blowout won't tell us that we are ready & there will be many here to remind us. Just like they remind us that our wins vs Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, & our last win against Indy don't mean anything. Fool's gold they'll say.

The bye week would be nice. The number one seed would be nice. But the last two Super Bowl teams didn't have bye weeks. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they didn't have a bye week & if I remember right, the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they didn't have a bye week & this team could use some extra playing time.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win. Thats what I do. This isnt just another game, but it's not a play-off game either.

The Colts are 10-5. Same record as the Ravens and 1 better than the Bengals. If they beat the Texans they would end up 11-5 and the Texans 12-4. A 1 game difference and that is with a rookie qb. One could easily point to the Detroit and Jacksonville games as how the F moment games.

This game to me is like a playoff game because there is a lot at stake for the Texans. Win and you only play 2 games to get to the superbowl. And as a bonus, the Patriots will have to battle it out with the Broncos so the Texans would only have to play one of them. And all the games at home

Lose and the Texans have to play 3 games to get to the superbowl and the biggest ones would be on the road. Traveling to New England and then Denver. Back to back real tough games on the road. Don't kid yourself. This game is huge for the Texans and they know it.

The Texans better come out and take care of business today. No excuses. No silver lining loss here. :texflag:

Had a dream like that last Saturday.:cutthroat: I agree with you Hookem, this game will tell us all about this years Texans.

If we eek out a 24-20 win predicted by ThaShark316, it will tell me something I don't want to hear going into the playoffs........but of course we all know that this will be a blowout win for the Texans...........don't we?:turtle:

The way I see it is if we win today, we'll be in the AFC Championship game. If we lose today, we won't make it to that game. Todays game is that important.

The way I see it is if we win today, we'll be in the AFC Championship game. If we lose today, we won't make it to that game. Todays game is that important.

Yup. Playoffs start today. I've been pissy all week about these guys. But I'm ready for this game.

I am pumped!!!

This game is HUGE!!!!!!

We are the better team. We have had a terrific season and this game could pave our way to the Super Bowl!!!!!

I hope so, there is a Broncos fan I would LOVE for the Texans to shut up by taking number one seed.

He simply commented number one seeds barely ever win the SB.

I simply pointed out the same can be said about Peyton Manning.

Not only would it be nice to shut him up, would be nice to finally beat Indy IN Indy for a change.

I agree, this is a BIG TIME GAME FOR US. We will struggle much more if we have to hit the road for the AFCCG. Hoping We secure it this way Pats (assuming they beat cincy) will have to travel to Denver. That will be tough for them and better for us, having one of them eliminated so we don't have to play both. The 1 seed is VERY important.

All they had to do was beat Christian Ponder's Vikings, in our own house, and this game would mean nothing.

That doesn't bode well for a Kubiak-coached team. With the way Schaub has been funking out the past several weeks.

I don't even know if I can watch the game...I don't think I could stand the anger involved with watching this team piss away what should have been a phenomenal season.

Think about this......

2009, we finished strong but didn't make the play-offs because we screwed up & lost game 1.

2012, we started out strong, but stumbled down the stretch......

My, how far we've come.

Totally wrong about this one. The Colts played well.... very well. They looked like vets out there today. The ST touchdown, the defense stopping Foster, stopping Andre, stopping OD, stopping Schaub. The QB drawing us offsides. The false starts on us.

We got beat. Outclassed. They earned their play off spot.

if they lose tomorrow with so much at stake, i think it's safe to say the wheels have officially come off and they won't make it past the 2nd round.

qft.

Seems like every time this team has a statement game, they make the wrong statement.

Totally wrong about this one. The Colts played well.... very well. They looked like vets out there today. The ST touchdown, the defense stopping Foster, stopping Andre, stopping OD, stopping Schaub. The QB drawing us offsides. The false starts on us.

We got beat. Outclassed. They earned their play off spot.

Colts were inspired all year by their leader....

What is even remotely inspiring about Gary Kubiak?

Back