Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Other RB in the draft

arktexanfan

Practice Squad
I have read and reread post on a lot of message Boards about VY,and RB and all the pros and cons, all the draft VY draft RB ,all have some good and some bad points about what everyone thinks VY or RB will do . As for me I have looked at the numbers and made the compairisons and if Houston just has to draft a RB they need to draft Lendale White from USC just look at his numbers and his size compaired to Bush 6' 200 ? (they say) just dont look that big to me. White 6'2 235 more yards rushing than Bush in his 3 years at USC and more TD's rushed for 57 I think its what they had beside his name so if I just had to have another back LW would be my pick 3rd & goal on the 1, Bush or White which would you want ?:twocents:

arktexanfan said:
I have read and reread post on a lot of message Boards about VY,and RB and all the pros and cons, all the draft VY draft RB ,all have some good and some bad points about what everyone thinks VY or RB will do . As for me I have looked at the numbers and made the compairisons and if Houston just has to draft a RB they need to draft Lendale White from USC just look at his numbers and his size compaired to Bush 6' 200 ? (they say) just dont look that big to me. White 6'2 235 more yards rushing than Bush in his 3 years at USC and more TD's rushed for 57 I think its what they had beside his name so if I just had to have another back LW would be my pick 3rd & goal on the 1, Bush or White which would you want ?:twocents:
Neither

This has been discussed many times.

The reason why Bush is so desirable for the Texans is due to his versatility. No other RB in the draft can be effectively used as a WR or return punts like Bush. Maurice Drew is possibly the only other one, but he doesn't have the size or speed that Reggie Bush does to be an effective WR.

Don't think of Reggie Bush as just a running back. He is more of an offensive player than a running back because he can play several positions. He is like a Kevin Garnett type who can play all five positions in the NBA.

Big B Texan Fan said:
I would have to say neither.The reason is this draft seems to be pretty deep as RB's go,and with a backfield by commitee plan(I think we will do that under Kubes), there seems to be some that compare to these 2 only alot cheaper my 2 mid to late rd choices for rb would be Jervious Norwood (Miss. St) 6'0 204 4.38/40,or Cedric Humes (Virg. Tech) 6'1 233 4.58/40

The Texans don't neccesarily need a running back. People seem to forget that the reason we want Bush is because he is a once in a lifetime prospect, the reincarnate of Gale Sayers. When you have a potential icon of the game, then you take him.

arktexanfan said:
Living in Southern California I have watched a lot of USC games this year and last year.

Lets put it this way.

They are not even close in Talent. There is NO COMPARISON.

Lendale White should be drafted around #20.

CITY CAT said:
The Texans don't neccesarily need a running back. People seem to forget that the reason we want Bush is because he is a once in a lifetime prospect, the reincarnate of Gale Sayers. When you have a potential icon of the game, then you take him.

I don't think we need a RB either (see my Avatar). I think we have bigger needs than a RB on this team. Mainly OL and DE.

why? because he's reggie freakin bush. morency is just morency, who runs like a dentist. lets get real, reggie bush is a very serious nfl prospect

BeerFan said:
why? because he's reggie freakin bush. morency is just morency, who runs like a dentist. lets get real, reggie bush is a very serious nfl prospect
Until Bush scores a TD, Morency is better than him.

Back