Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official I took Brady in Round 1, and now I need a solid Fantasy QB Thread

Blake

MMQB
So this is the official I took Brady in round 1 thread.

I am in an 8 team league so there are still QB's available in my league. I need help with my week 2 matchups. Pick one.

Jay Culter (I had drafted him) @ Home vs San Diego. Shawn Merriman is out, and Cutler had a fine game, albeit against the lowly Raiders.

Matt Cassel @ The Jets. Got him off the waiver wire the second Brady was down. Not really diggin this QB for week 2. Its on the road, with a fiesty NYJ's team that is still riding the Favre high, and an W last week. But anyone who has Moss as a receiver cant do that bad right???

Lastly its Aaron Rodgers @ The Lions. Got him off waiver wire as best QB left. Now this is interesting. GB was a playoff team last year and had a good week one so they should smoke the Lions IMHO. But its on the road, and Aaron Rodgers has only played one game.

So now its up to you, who should I play and for extra credit, why?

Something tells me that Cassel is going to be fine as Brady's replacement (certainly not Brady, but fine). Regardless, I'd probably give him a week or two as an audition since you've got a couple of reasonable options.

I've got Rodgers in two leagues that I'm in, and I'm pretty excited about what he might do this year. Cutler might be a better week two start since the Lions rush D was so bad against the Falcons, and Ryan Grant may end up being the man for the Pack. I realize it was against the Raiders, but Cutler looked great, and this week he gets Marshall back.

None of your guys is going to be Brady from last year, but there's no guarantee Brady was going to be Brady from last year. All things considered, it looks like you've done a pretty good job of damage control.

I got Rodgers too. In fact I have Kitna and Rodgers.:whip:
I decided to start Rodgers because as bad as the Detroit defense is, I think this will be a good time for Rodgers get some work in. I think the coaches are going to use this game as a chance to work on his confidence. At least I hope the will.:victory:

Dude, Cutler. With Marshall back he should be putting up some really nice fantasy numbers.

I drafted Brady and Cutler as well. Man am I ever glad I drafted Cutler or I would be SOL!

Back