Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"The General", John McClain, talks Texans' QB prospects and Clowney trade talk

Good post, thank you. However, while I don't watch college football pre se, I do watch plenty during Bowl season. Especially the "big" games. I've seen plenty of Connor Cook over the last three years.

I generally don't watch highlights. I do look for the QB cut ups. Like Hogan vs Northwestern, or Note Dame, or something showing every throw.

I watch the analysis videos, & I generally take the words & opinions of you guys here. I've asked what's wrong with this guy, or that guy. Then I'll go back & see if I can see the same thing. Like Connor Cooks accuracy. I think he's got a very good understanding of ball placement & a better than average ability to put the ball where he wants it.

Why his numbers are so low? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Hogan... I like what I've been able to find. I hope more stuff will come out as we go through this process & I'll be looking for things to change my mind.

You highlighted what concerns me most with cook. He knows what to do, his mechanics are fine for the most part. He has had decent weapons but his numbers are still not very good. This makes me think it's just who he is unlike hack where I can see his accuracy goes down when his mechanics are poor. That can be coached out, but just a plain inaccurate thrower I don't see getting coached out

You highlighted what concerns me most with cook. He knows what to do, his mechanics are fine for the most part. He has had decent weapons but his numbers are still not very good. This makes me think it's just who he is unlike hack where I can see his accuracy goes down when his mechanics are poor. That can be coached out, but just a plain inaccurate thrower I don't see getting coached out

No offense but maybe Cook's inaccuracy is due to poor mechanics you (generic) just aren't spotting but NFL coaches could.

Reactions: JB
No offense but maybe Cook's inaccuracy is due to poor mechanics you (generic) just aren't spotting but NFL coaches could.

Very well could be as its easy to the untrained eye to spot sloppy footwork, but other issues might be harder to see like him having slightly different release points when he throws. Who knows what his problem is but it's the mystery behind his problem that worries me the most

Paxton Lynch might be too dang tall. I think a pit bullish LB would turn his world upside down in the NFL.

I've only watched him a little, so I don't have large sample size, but what I saw I didn't like. He telegraphs his passes.

Back