Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The fantasy football "bum" thread

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
Looks like I have plenty of bums on my roster, but the one who's got me pissed off the most is Kevin Kolb.

I don't care whose fault it is that he's out.....his O-Line....the Packers D.....Dom f^(king Capers.....

Because of him, I had to make a deal with the devil and pick up Mike Vick this week.....who I hate getting more than a case of herpes.

2nd place goes to Shonn Greene.....I have no words for his level of incompetence.

Looks like I have plenty of bums on my roster, but the one who's got me pissed off the most is Kevin Kolb.

I don't care whose fault it is that he's out.....his O-Line....the Packers D.....Dom f^(king Capers.....

Because of him, I had to make a deal with the devil and pick up Mike Vick this week.....who I hate getting more than a case of herpes.

2nd place goes to Shonn Greene.....I have no words for his level of incompetence.

Yep! I won my game this week even with Greene in the starting lineup.

I drafted him in the fifth round in my money league. But I made sure I drafted another good QB in the seventh which was Eli Manning as my insurance just because Kolb hadn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Kolb hasn't killed me yet cause I didn't start him but I will only give him a month or so before I drop his ass.

I did the same two years ago with Aaron Rodgers. But I didn't need his backup since the guy lit it up from the beginning.

I drafted him in the fifth round in my money league. But I made sure I drafted another good QB in the seventh which was Eli Manning as my insurance just because Kolb hadn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Kolb hasn't killed me yet cause I didn't start him but I will only give him a month or so before I drop his ass.

I did the same two years ago with Aaron Rodgers. But I didn't need his backup since the guy lit it up from the beginning.

I drafted Favre in the 4th or 5th round, but I hate that guy almost as much as I hate Vick. I don't like him at all this week against Miami with no WR's to throw to.

That bastard Vick should put up some points. We all know how much he hates to give the rock to anyone else.

DeAngelo Williams and DeSean Jackson were both huge bums last time.

I may start Maclin next time, since I feel he will be better with Vick (and he saved me last week)

Half my team sucked. Frank Gore, 9ers D, CJ Spiller, all bums. Kyle Orton rocked solid though. My opponent had three people get zero points and killed me. Had Foster and Manning.

Dunno, but for some reason, it seems like there's a really weak pool to pick from this season. It struck me during one of my drafts.

Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

Week 1 hasn't done anything to change this opinion. Seems like there's more bums to go around than usual.

I got Brady and Kolb was my backup. I let Kolb go when I saw Garrard was still on the table and he plays Buffalo when Brady goes on a bye. Eagles play someone hard.

I picked up Kolb in all three of my leagues, luckily he was a starter in only 1 league. But damn, losing your startin job to Vick after 1 quarter? That is the definition of a bum right there.

CJ Spiller, what a bum. Not going to write him off just yet but it's not looking good.

I picked up Kolb in all three of my leagues, luckily he was a starter in only 1 league. But damn, losing your startin job to Vick after 1 quarter? That is the definition of a bum right there.

CJ Spiller, what a bum. Not going to write him off just yet but it's not looking good.

While we're bitchin'. MOJO. Dude, get your ass in gear. Harvin. This was supposed to be your breakout year. Tell Favre to show up earlier to camp.

And since i hate being so negative. Thank you Cutler for the faith I put in you.

While we're bitchin'. MOJO. Dude, get your ass in gear. Harvin. This was supposed to be your breakout year. Tell Favre to show up earlier to camp.

And since i hate being so negative. Thank you Cutler for the faith I put in you.

I hear ya man, I have MOJO in one league and Harvin in another, luckily neither is my money league. I tried to trade MJD for AJ but got laughed at, rightfully so.

And you're right about the negativity. Thank you AJ, Foster, Rivers, and Austin for keeping my fantasy team legit!

luckily I'm still 2-0 in my league even with a close 2nd week matchup...stupid greg jennings and his 3 points....my kicker got me 11!....c'mon dude

You know it's a bad week when you have to start Shonn Greene, MSW, and Harvin. And Spiller's on my bench. Greg Jennings is also killing me.

I was tired of being held hostage by the Eagles QB situation. I dropped Kolb and got Orton.

Now I have 3 bums I can choose from at QB counting Vick and Favre.

I thought Ray Rice and Shonn Greene and Kevin Kolb were all gonna hit paydirt this year and drafted them in both my leagues.....money leagues.

You know it's a bad week when you have to start Shonn Greene, MSW, and Harvin. And Spiller's on my bench. Greg Jennings is also killing me.

I was tired of being held hostage by the Eagles QB situation. I dropped Kolb and got Orton.

I thought Ray Rice and Shonn Greene and Kevin Kolb were all gonna hit paydirt this year and drafted them in both my leagues.....money leagues.

:gun:

Try starting Joe Flacco 2 weeks in a row. I usually have my FF score up on my pc while I watch the games. Lately I've needed some tissues when I see his numbers.

I signed Orton as a FA when Matt Ryan was gonna play Pitt. He has been nuts this year. Won me last weeks game. Big Ben is my other QB, so I had to get a 3rd.

Yo, Crabtree. Where is your game at. This was going to be the big bust it out year. You weren't holding out this time. You played admirably when you came in this year. You scared?! You can go rip the ball out of the QB's hands, but man up, and get me some points, cause Brett ain't helping me out anytime soon.

Flacco and Favre easily take the cake for me.

Not to mention in the same league i drafted Ryan Grant and Mathews as my starters and Grant got iIR'd and it looks like Mathews will miss some time in addition to his fantasy suckage that i fully anticipated. I have Foster in that league though so hopefully he can compensate.

You know you're having a tough year when your first 3 picks were Ray Rice, Greg Jennings, and Shonn Greene.

The next guy to get dropped.....Brett Favre.

Im in 3 leagues so yeah, i've got a few...

Jonathan Stewart - mainly b/c he's got no qb & teams are stacking the box, but also b/c he hasn't warranted stealing carrys away from williams. Dude has netted me a grand total of like 10 pts in 3 games

Shonn Greene- the only reason he's not #1 is b/c stewart has been been atrocious & b/c i was smart & drafted LT later going on a hunch that he wasn't quite done yet. but yeah he's right up there.

Calvin Johnson - this is tricky b/c his numbers wouldn't look so bad if the refs hadn't screwed him in the chi. game & stafford didn't get hurt in the 1st freaking game.

TO - Batman's looking flabby & sick right now

Im in 3 leagues so yeah, i've got a few...

Jonathan Stewart - mainly b/c he's got no qb & teams are stacking the box, but also b/c he hasn't warranted stealing carrys away from williams. Dude has netted me a grand total of like 10 pts in 3 games

Shonn Greene- the only reason he's not #1 is b/c stewart has been been atrocious & b/c i was smart & drafted LT later going on a hunch that he wasn't quite done yet. but yeah he's right up there.

Calvin Johnson - this is tricky b/c his numbers wouldn't look so bad if the refs hadn't screwed him in the chi. game & stafford didn't get hurt in the 1st freaking game.

TO - Batman's looking flabby & sick right now

J Stewart is good fun right now, isn't he. Took him over Arian Foster. Good clean fun.

J Stewart is good fun right now, isn't he. Took him over Arian Foster. Good clean fun.

yeah good clean fun if you like getting needles shoved in your eyeballs every time you pull up his numbers. I've been lucky so far to win more than i've lost in the league that i have him in, but if i don't at least place, i'm holding him personally responsible. At least my other guy is slowly getting untracked (ray rice), Stewart is just...At this point i'm just happy it's one of my lesser money leagues (35.00) and not my big money ones.

yeah good clean fun if you like getting needles shoved in your eyeballs every time you pull up his numbers. I've been lucky so far to win more than i've lost in the league that i have him in, but if i don't at least place, i'm holding him personally responsible. At least my other guy is slowly getting untracked (ray rice), Stewart is just...At this point i'm just happy it's one of my lesser money leagues (35.00) and not my big money ones.

I have Turner and Gore. J Stew was my 3rd, but Ive been using recievers for a while, cause he blows alot.

Check out my stats from the TexansTalk 1st Annual FFL this week. First number is predicted score, second is actual. Still have GB defense, Mathews and Urlacher playing tonight. I had some real bums in my draft, but I've made some decent pickups. Colston is killing me so far, but I hate to sit him.

QB Drew Brees 16.68 23.00
WR Anquan Boldin 8.26 33.00
WR Marques Colston 9.81 5.00
WR Austin Collie 9.91 32.00
RB Arian Foster 16.52 13.00
RB Darren McFadden 8.64 18.00
TE Dustin Keller 7.55 22.00
W/R Mike Tolbert 12.45 10.00
K Neil Rackers 9.02 7.00
DEF Green Bay 10.83 0.00
D Bernard Pollard 8.84 10.50
D Clay Matthews 5.69 0.00
D Brian Urlacher 6.74 0.00
D Jerod Mayo 7.50 9.50

My team is actually doing pretty well right now. A little luck against the right oponents and I'm about to be 3-0

QB: Peyton Manning
RB1: Lesean McCoy
RB2: Deangelo Williams (this guy is killing me)
WR1: Desean Jackson
WR2: Chad Ochocinco (One great game and two stinkers)
WR3: Kevin Walter
TE: Owen Daniels (Guy's not producing worth jack)
K: Neil Rackers (Rocking the stats)
DF: GB

My philosophy differs from most, in that I always draft a QB first (Peyton or Brady usually). There are quality backs to be had, but consistently getting 25 points a game out of your QB makes it easier if your team is littered with duds. I actually rode to the championship with Tom Brady and Randy Moss (don't ask me how I got so lucky) and practically no one else the year they went insane on the NFL.

Back