Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The all encompassing DW4 good plays thread

I just went with the numbers @JB posted 12,000 & 1500 / 50 = 240 & 30.

That 240 passing figure seems to set the bar low ... but it excludes everyone but Watson.

The rushing yards on the other hand .... How many QB's have averaged 30 rushing yards a game for a season much less a career ? That's a pretty short list and almost all of them are relatively recent - Michael Vick being the earliest one I can think of - Cam , Watson , Wilson , Jackson , Josh Allen and none of them qualify on passing yards. I'm sure there might be a few others but the list is short.

Steve McNair who was known for running / scrambling averaged 22 and change , Steve Young 25.1.

Steve Young is probably my favorite qb of all time. Not the best of course but a favorite. He was the best improv gunslinger I can think of before farve stole the title.

Depends on how you define "young." Sam Darnold, Gardner Minshew, Drew Lock, Dwayne Haskins and Jared Goff aren't dual threat QBs. None of those guys have come close to rushing for 100 yards in a season.

Do you mean 100 yards in a game?

Because Darnold's already run for 100 this season in just 9 games. He's actually fairly athletic.

Minshew also ran for over 300 yards last year and he has almost 150 in just 8 games this year.

Do you mean 100 yards in a game?

Because Darnold's already run for 100 this season in just 9 games. He's actually fairly athletic.

Minshew also ran for over 300 yards last year and he has almost 150 in just 8 games this year.

Yes. That was my mistake on Minshew. I still don't know if I'd consider Darnold a dual-threat since even Brady has 3 seasons with over 100 yards rushing.

I have a much tighter definition of "dual threat." You have statues (Brady, Manning, Bledsoe), mobile QBs (Rodgers, Mahomes, etc.) and actual dual-threat QBs (Watson, Newton, Jackson, Wilson, etc.). The difference between a QB who is simply mobile and one who is actually a dual-threat is that a real dual-threat QB will get his fair share of designed runs and/or keeps on RPOs.

I hope this thread disappears soon because Watson doesn't take another snap this season. Don't allow DW4 to go down with a terrible injury during a meaningless game. The Texans HC and GM jobs are unattractive enough as it is.

Yep, this season is lost.

I would sit DW4 unless I thought he needed the reps, which I dont think is the case.

I hope this thread disappears soon because Watson doesn't take another snap this season. Don't allow DW4 to go down with a terrible injury during a meaningless game. The Texans HC and GM jobs are unattractive enough as it is.

I was wondering why the hell he was still on the field in the 4th quarter of Bears game.

They keep putting him thru that kinda crap and he'll be broken beyond repair.

I was wondering why the hell he was still on the field in the 4th quarter of Bears game.

They keep putting him thru that kinda crap and he'll be broken beyond repair.

When he got banged up and left the game for the 4th down play that should have been the end of his afternoon. I don't who or why they let him play the 4th quarter down 30 points.

When he got banged up and left the game for the 4th down play that should have been the end of his afternoon. I don't who or why they let him play the 4th quarter down 30 points.

After that TD got overturned , I don't think he wanted to be on the field anymore .... just his body language.
After the play he got banged up on , he never should have gone back out there, McCarron should have finished that game.

Lol now we’re experts on body language around these parts.

Are you saying he had good body language?

I dont blame him for being dejected for being stuck on a crappy team, but he took the $$$$ and he's going to have to accept the consequences of that decision. (Being stuck on a crappy team for atleast the next 3 yrs.)

BTW, I'm missing the good plays from the Bears game.

I dont blame him for being dejected for being stuck on a crappy team, but he took the $$$$ and he's going to have to accept the consequences of that decision. (Being stuck on a crappy team for atleast the next 3 yrs.)

Wait a second.....I thought Watson made a beautiful play when he practically hit Aikens in the numbers and he dropped a perfect TD pass.

Like I said in the gameday thread, this week the DW4 good plays thread would be a very short read and this has proven to be true.
It's like every year there is one of those games that just goes to complete crap. This game had that last year's Broncos game feel to it. Like the guys didn't even want to be there or something. Just awful that this team puts out games like that.

It's like every year there is one of those games that just goes to complete crap. This game had that last year's Broncos game feel to it. Like the guys didn't even want to be there or something. Just awful that this team puts out games like that.

Quoted for truth and yet, here's Earl polishing a turd.

I think you're missing the bigger picture, the entire team stunk and that includes DW4.

21-30 / 219 YDS / 1 TD / 0 INT / 7 CAR / 38 YDS / ***6 SACKS***

If you wanted to look deeper you might walk away with at least 28 good plays especially with this OL and running game.....might've been more plays if passes were caught (1 being a TD).....6 bad plays were due to holding the ball too long and some due to a horrendous OL. Just looking at this, the good far outweighed the bad since we're focusing on one player. I don't think Watson ever gave up in this game.....if he had, he would've stayed injured and let McCarron go in and take the beating. Defensively, that might be the group who gave up.

Last edited:

I don’t pay attention to crap like that. Literally over watching and over analyzing stuff as usual.

21-30 / 219 YDS / 1 TD / 0 INT / 7 CAR / 38 YDS / ***6 SACKS***

If you wanted to look deeper you might walk away with at least 28 good plays especially with this OL and running game.....might've been more plays if passes were caught (1 being a TD).....6 bad plays were due to holding the ball too long and some due to a horrendous OL. Just looking at this, the good far outweighed the bad since we're focusing on one player. I don't think Watson ever gave up in this game.....if he had, he would've stayed injured and let McCarron go in and take the beating. Defensively, that might be the group who gave up.

Yep DW4 was great in that game.

My eyes are starting to fail me.

36-7

Pretty eye opening......and absolutely concur with the final statement, Houston...how in the duck did you allow this to happen? I spiced it up a bit to incorporate my anger towards this continued shite-show. This is for a full 18 years of ineptitude b/c not one group can stand up and say, but I......sit the duck down, none of you have accomplished shite to be proud of.

For me, this is the one stand out play from yesterday's game. This is the type of play that will go completely unappreciated in a losing effort, but it's still impressive as hell. In the first still, Watson evades a blitzer who comes awfully close to a facemask. In the second still, Watson gets smacked while throwing the ball on the run. In the third still, he threads the needle right through the middle of 3 defenders.

This is probably a 9.5/10 on the difficulty scale. First, most QBs would have been sacked by the blitzer, period. Second, most QBs would have been caught by the LB even if they evaded the initial rush. Third, most QBs wouldn't be able to get that much velocity on the pass while getting hit on the move. Fourth, the ball placement is ridiculous. I can't remember how many times I watched Derek Carr and Tua Tagovailoa try to do something similar a couple of days ago with much more disastrous results. What Watson is doing here is not easy. And the craziest part of all is that he's literally doing this all the time.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.21.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.22.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.22.41 PM.png

We are witnessing what would've happened if the Portland Trailblazers had drafted Michael Jordan. A massive exercise in futility.

Great play by #4 .... No doubt about it.

It seems you guys pick out one play every week like this where there's an OL brain fart and act like its an every down issue. That's disingenuous.

This happens to just about every QB in the league once or twice a game ...

They have been reasonably serviceable on the vast majority of (passing) plays.

Great play by #4 .... No doubt about it.

It seems you guys pick out one play every week like this where there's an OL brain fart and act like its an every down issue. That's disingenuous.

This happens to just about every QB in the league once or twice a game ...

They have been reasonably serviceable on the vast majority of (passing) plays.
I don’t think it’s being intentionally disingenuous. Many times a good play is coming off a blown assignment and it’s highlighted.

Back