Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The all encompassing DW4 good plays thread

Why are we talking championship when we know darn well our situation is all jacked up right now.

Powda I’ve seen Manning and Brady play like skit in adverse weather conditions. That’s why you need a running game good sir. You can’t expect any quarterback to perform well in that type of weather bro.

Just wondering why you give Rick a hard time getting players (QB) he didn’t want.

Especially after the Brian Hoyer fiasco.

I give BO’b props for winning hamstrung with Brock. But for him to be so opposed to working with the guy that we trade him away to the detriment of the team?

That’s too far. Then do the same thing with Clowney... Hopkins may have been something totally different, but it stinks of the same stink.

Nobody in that room wanted to trade up to 12 for either QB. Mahomes was off the board at 10. Sorry Bo’b you’re getting Watson.

GMs get players. Coaches coach. I’m personally tired of coaches proving our GM wrong & that goes beyond O’Brien.

RS was a failure for over a decade as far as putting together a SB contender. Personally I hope he gets another GM job because it will be entertaining watching him run another org into the ditch.

Why are we talking championship when we know darn well our situation is all jacked up right now.

Powda I’ve seen Manning and Brady play like skit in adverse weather conditions. That’s why you need a running game good sir. You can’t expect any quarterback to perform well in that type of weather bro.

That 16 pts Carr helped put up in Cleveland doesn't look so bad now does it?

Carr didn’t play well in that game dude. The running game was the key to their victory. Good try

Not the point.

Carr played well enough to win.

16>7

You were dogging on Carr but I didn't here much from you when DW4 put up 7 and they were playing in basically the same weather conditions. Funny how that seems to work.

Happy Thanksgiving

Not the point.

16>7

You were dogging on Carr but I didn't here much from you when DW4 put up 7 and they were playing in basically the same weather conditions. Funny how that seems to work.

Happy Thanksgiving

I wanted Carr that year he was drafted. And I wasn’t dogging him like that, just said he wasn’t playing better than Watson

Not the point.

16>7

Happy Thanksgiving
Running game was the difference my friend. Our run game all year has been a non existence, whether that's on the oline or rb I wouldn't know. Im really hoping for a stud rb in next years draft

Running game was the difference my friend. Our run game all year has been a non existence, whether that's on the oline or rb I wouldn't know. Im really hoping for a stud rb in next years draft

7 pts

Even without a running game 7 pts is really bad.

RS was a failure for over a decade as far as putting together a SB contender. Personally I hope he gets another GM job because it will be entertaining watching him run another org into the ditch.
That’s not the point I’m arguing. Rick was the GM. O’Brien was the coach. Whether BO’b liked the player or not he’s got to coach them to the best of their ability.

I think he failed at that on so many levels.

That’s not the point I’m arguing. Rick was the GM. O’Brien was the coach. Whether BO’b liked the player or not he’s got to coach them to the best of their ability.

I think he failed at that on so many levels.
Exactly!!!! I've never understood why some people think with a GM around, O'Brien should have a say in personnel. Especially when he never had experience on the personnel side and didn't even seem to know what he needed to make his offense function. Also, after his amateurish attempt at being a GM, can you imagine the crazy ideas he proposed to Ricky? No wonder they disagreed.

Exactly!!!! I've never understood why some people think with a GM around, O'Brien should have a say in personnel. Especially when he never had experience on the personnel side and didn't even seem to know what he needed to make his offense function. Also, after his amateurish attempt at being a GM, can you imagine the crazy ideas he proposed to Ricky? No wonder they disagreed.

Bro if they didn’t know now the know.

Bill O’Brien was the problem

Watson was bad in the Browns game. His critics can say great QBs don't have these kind of games. But overall this season Deshalb is great. His TD-Int ratio is almost 5-1 his QBR is top5 as is basically every other major Stat - and all of this without a running game. Take away our QB runs and we are probably averaging under 50yards a game. Yeah he is still inconsistent, still holds the ball for too long still is sometimes slow in his progressions and not all his passes are accurate - but not only can wee see his improvement in all these areas, we are seeing him playing at an elite level right now.

I don’t mind the HC having a say, but understand he’s not going to have his way every time. Did Harbaugh want Flacco, or nGata? Who knows. Ozzie built the team, Harbaugh coached it.
I just believe the GM and HC should be separate roles. Get to a couple of championship games even lose a Super Bowl and then we can talk about the HC making draft day selections. Otherwise, I want the GM shopping for the groceries. However, the HC has to have a vision for the type of talent he needs for his system and then express that to the GM.

I just believe the GM and HC should be separate roles. Get to a couple of championship games even lose a Super Bowl and then we can talk about the HC making draft day selections. Otherwise, I want the GM shopping for the groceries. However, the HC has to have a vision for the type of talent he needs for his system and then express that to the GM.
If the GM brings in the HC they should have the same vision

Granted I only watched the highlights of the lions game, but I was very impressed with watson movements in the pocket. And also he seems less hesitant when he decides to make them pay with his legs

He’s starting to trust his offensive line and Kelly is actually doing a better job without O’Briens interference. Not only that but the entire offense is not dealing with a control freak changing up the game plan a few days before game day.

@steelbtexan If it was Jimmy G., he would have 8 TDs and 500 yards. Watson is underperforming!

?, Sorry I'm occupying space in your head. I said DW4 would have a good game against the Lions and he did well as expected.

Lets judge how things are going when they aren't playing the Lions/Jags etc... Next week against the Colts should be a better test.

Back