Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"The absolute LAST POST ABOUT CARR/MARIO/BUSH/VY

prostock101

Mr. Big
Here's The Deal.

We Did Not Draft Vince Because Kub Honestly Felt He Could Teach Carr Into Being A Quality Nfl Qb.

We Did Not Draft Bush Because We Had A Quality/proven Rb With Davis Who Had Just Signed A Contract Extension.

We Drafted Mario Because We Needed Defensive Help In The Worst Way.

Eight Months Later.......carr To Date Is Not Developing Into The Leader He Hoped For, Davis Is Gone For The Year And Maybe Not Coming Back, Mario Is Playing Well Despite A Bad Foot.

If Kubiak Had A Crystal Ball, Would He Have Drafted Differently?
Maybe So. These Guys Make The Best Decision They Can Based On What The Team Needs And What They Have To Start With. If Davis Was Healthy And Carr Was Making Great Progress, He Looks Like A Genius. When Mario Was Picked, Everyone Screamed For Bush. When Bush Was Struggling And Mario Started Playing Well, Everyone Loved Mario. Now That Carr Is Struggling And Vince Is Playing Well, Everyone Wants Vince. Hmmmmm...........pretty Easy To Make Those Choices After The Fact. Let's Say You Want To Buy The Fastest Car In The World But Can Only Choose From A Picture. Well, You Buy It But It's Not The Fastest. It Just Looked Fast In The Picture. Does That Make You An *****? Nope, You Just Made The Best Decision You Could........

Ok, All Better Now. No More Constant Rehashing Of Carr And The Draft. If Carr Doesn't Show Great Improvement These Last Three Games, Then I'm Sure He'll Be Holding A Clipboard Or Playing Somewhere Else. And Next Season, Kubiak Will Again Make The Best Decision He Can......

You can also add that we didnt go with Bush because he's too much of a RB/WR tweener rather than a pure RB.

Kubiak probably would have taken Leinart (or even Cutler) over Young if he was going to take any QB, for a variety of reasons.

Kubiak probably would have taken Leinart (or even Cutler) over Young if he was going to take any QB, for a variety of reasons.

I would have my money on Cutler. Leinart, just like Young, was surrounded by first round talent and considerable offensive lines. As for Cutler.... he made plays on a team that was notorious for a terrible O-line even though he took hits play after play.

Cutler would have been perfect for this team (compared to the players available) and he can also throw the ball deep.

Like his mentor, I bet his prefererence would have been Cutler. And remember, besides having the strongest arm of the 3 he can run but Leinert can't.

Like his mentor, I bet his prefererence would have been Cutler. And remember, besides having the strongest arm of the 3 he can run but Leinert can't.

You obviously haven't watched Leinart. Even though he isn't a sprinter... he moves around in the pocket better than all three. Where he won't scramble forward, he is extremely good at moving up and out of the pocket while rolling out... watch him in Arizona and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

He is very mobile, just not speedy.

Sorry to get off topic and I am really not taking a shot at you ... but I sincerely want to know - is there a program that you get that puts capital letters at the beginning of every single word? Or do you do it manually? If there's a program, can you tell me what it is? I'd like to get it. TIA.

I have always tried to defend Carr up until this season. After what I have seen over the past few games though, I am just convinced that Carr is a bust. I was hoping that Kubiack could turn him around, but I can see it in Kubiacks face that he has no faith in Carr. Carr is not a leader. Also, if our offensive line sux so bad, then how in the world is Ron Dayne rushing for almost 100 yards and averaging 5.3 yards per carry? Ron Dayne is not that good of a running back.

Carr is a turd and you can't polish a turd. Lets face the fact, he is a bust.

Also, if the Texans have no way of throwing the ball to Andre Johnson, then trade him because he useless to a team that does not have the capability of using him. Sure would have been nice throwing these little 5 yard passes to Reggie. Us fans are the real losers here. We have paid a lot of money to watch nothing but bad football. Oakland vs Houston (The Bozo Bowl) was the worst NFL game I have ever seen in my life. TN vs Houston has solidified the fact that the Texans are the laughing stalk of the NFL. If Carr is back again next year, I will sell my season tickets.

Yep I posted that last year.

You obviously haven't watched Leinart. Even though he isn't a sprinter... he moves around in the pocket better than all three. Where he won't scramble forward, he is extremely good at moving up and out of the pocket while rolling out... watch him in Arizona and you will see exactly what I am talking about.He is very mobile, just not speedy.

Yeah well
, all that moblity has kept Zona in the lead for the Joe Thomas sweeps. He's as fast as Joe Willie Nameth pre injury...I'll give you that. If Green is sitll in charge, he'll be drafting o-lineman early and often to protect 'ole speedy Gonzales. I did and you're....... over estimating.

I have always tried to defend Carr up until this season. After what I have seen over the past few games though, I am just convinced that Carr is a bust. I was hoping that Kubiack could turn him around, but I can see it in Kubiacks face that he has no faith in Carr. Carr is not a leader. Also, if our offensive line sux so bad, then how in the world is Ron Dayne rushing for almost 100 yards and averaging 5.3 yards per carry? Ron Dayne is not that good of a running back.

Carr is a turd and you can't polish a turd. Lets face the fact, he is a bust.

Also, if the Texans have no way of throwing the ball to Andre Johnson, then trade him because he useless to a team that does not have the capability of using him. Sure would have been nice throwing these little 5 yard passes to Reggie. Us fans are the real losers here. We have paid a lot of money to watch nothing but bad football. Oakland vs Houston (The Bozo Bowl) was the worst NFL game I have ever seen in my life. TN vs Houston has solidified the fact that the Texans are the laughing stalk of the NFL. If Carr is back again next year, I will sell my season tickets.

Love these self full filling posts. Put'em up on ebay big guy. DC's not going anywhere next year. Now you want to help Uncle Bob out with the sixteen million onthe contract, I'm sure he'll take the call.

Sorry to get off topic and I am really not taking a shot at you ... but I sincerely want to know - is there a program that you get that puts capital letters at the beginning of every single word? Or do you do it manually? If there's a program, can you tell me what it is? I'd like to get it. TIA.
If you type in all caps it does that since we have a all caps disabler.

If the Texans had won the toss and Mathis run the kick off back for a TD, would Carr be a better quarterback today? He made plays to get the Texans in position to tie the game Sunday. The only thing he was guilty of was not being Vince Young. This is year 1 of the David Carr Reclimation Project. It took 3 years for Kubiak to turn Jake Plummer into a Pro Bowler, with an above average running game. As far as the line, run blocking is different from pass blocking. D Davis ran for over 3000 yards while Carr took a beating. So, go ahead and drop your tickets. I'll pick them up.

The Texans had the #1 pick, two true potential franchise players to choose from one being home grown and they get neither...

Won't be as bad as taking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, and Derrick Thomas...but it might come close

You can forgive the passing on Young for Bush, but to pass on them both for Mario is going to be an albatros around the club for a long time. Even if Mario is the second coming of Reggie White.

From a purely marketing prospective, its a forgone conclusion its a disaster. Mario has about zero cache or personality. He'll need to perform significantly better then either Bush or especially Young to make up for that shortcoming.

Vince is already achieving folk hero status in Houston. Had he been picked, the fan support would have been through the roof. Houston blew this one when they picked up Carr's option.

Also, if our offensive line sux so bad, then how in the world is Ron Dayne rushing for almost 100 yards and averaging 5.3 yards per carry? Ron Dayne is not that good of a running back.

UH???? Never in all my years of watching and following professional sports have I run across such a group of moronic, pathetic "fans" as I have on the Houston Texans message boards.

Doubt it - these threads will be rehased afeter every loss - so get ready for a steady diet of VY/Bush Support over the next several years - that's how far of a setback this club has taken itself with ignorant personnel decisions - starting with the Tony Biselli acqusition and going thru this year's draft...

Prostock,

You are wrong - Kubes., et al., made a horrible first round choice. It was as obvious then, as it is obvious now. :brickwall:

Back