Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texian drafts VS Nick Caserio drafts

Texian

Hall of Fame
Texian...........................................................................................vs Caserio
X - George Pickens............................................................................Nico Collins
Y- XXXXXX.......................................................................................Tank Dell
LT - Charles Cross, Brendan Jaimes....................................................XXXXXXX
LG - Quinn Meinerz..........................................................................Kenyon Green
OC - Luke Wypler.............................................................................Juice Scruggs
RG - Cody Mauch, Tom Zach.............................................................XXXXX
RT - Jamaree Salyer.........................................................................XXXXX
TE - Charlie Kolar....................................................................................Brevin Jordan, Tegan Quitoriano
Z - Jalin Hyatt................................................................................John Metchie
QB - Matt Corral.............................................................................Davis Mills, CJ Stroud
RB - Zamir White............................................................................Dameon Pierce

DE - Nolan Smith............................................................................Will Anderson
UT - Jalen Carter, ...........................................................................Roy Lopez
NT - Jordan Davis, Bobby Brown.......................................................Thomas Booker
DE - Tommy Togai...........................................................................Dylan Horton
WLB - Damone Clark...................................................................................Christian Harris
MLB - XXXX...................................................................................Henry To'oTo'o
SLB - XXXX...................................................................................Garrett Wallow
CB - Jalyn Armour-Davis.................................................................Derek Stingley
FS - Kelee Ringo............................................................................Jalen Pitre
SS - Quentin Lake..........................................................................Brandon Hill
CB - XXXX....................................................................................XXXX

Texian drafts saves $80 million in salary cap by trading Tunsil
Texian drafts gets an extra 2024 1st and 2nd RD pick by trading Tunsil
Texian drafts does not trade away Texans 2024 1st RD.
Texian drafts has (3) 1st RD picks in 2024 draft.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Hindsight is always 20/20.
It wasn’t hindsight. He made these picks in real time. Looking back… I definitely see what he’s saying. It’s the same with the cap. Hopefully he’ll post his cap plan again.

I get what y’all are saying. Things are good now. But they could have been better.

Of course he doesn’t have Cal in his ear & Hanah on his lap, but it’s an interesting exercise.

It wasn’t hindsight. He made these picks in real time. Looking back… I definitely see what he’s saying. It’s the same with the cap. Hopefully he’ll post his cap plan again.

I get what y’all are saying. Things are good now. But they could have been better.

Of course he doesn’t have Cal in his ear & Hanah on his lap, but it’s an interesting exercise.

It’s the land of make believe because his projection has a team willing to trade for Tunsil, willing to give up a 1st and 2nd and not having the Texans pay any of Tunsil’s contact.

Just waving a magic wand and saying there is a team willing to trade for that player and give up those picks is crazy.

To even crank up a post like this, your level of ego and confidence is admirable. Someone will soon call you about their open GM job. I do appreciate your passion, care and knowledge, but jeez.
I'm not concerned about my ego and confidence as much as I am about Caserio's lack of it.

It’s the land of make believe because his projection has a team willing to trade for Tunsil, willing to give up a 1st and 2nd and not having the Texans pay any of Tunsil’s contact.

Just waving a magic wand and saying there is a team willing to trade for that player and give up those picks is crazy.
I’d hate to believe we couldn’t trade a guy we just set the market with. We should have asked him to take a pay cut.

They simply do not understand that I made these picks when the Texans original picks were on the clock. No Monday Morning Quarterbacking. It doesn't matter the Brigade does not want to hear it anyways, so they will continue to bellyache.

We have acquired T Orlando Brown Jr. via trade with the Baltimore Ravens, pending the passing of a physical. pic.twitter.com/75zFpYsyMt
— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 23, 2021

The Baltimore Ravens will receive the Chiefs’ first, third and fourth round picks this year and a fifth round pick in 2022.

Now I ask you would the Cardinals or the Bears rather of had Paris Johnson or Darnell Wright, respectively, with their 1st RD picks, or Laremy Tunsil?

The Texans could have traded Tunsil to the Cards instead of giving up the valuable 2024 1st RD pick.
The Cardinals made another trade on Thursday, sending that first-round pick (No. 12) to the Detroit Lions along with the second of their two second-round picks (No. 34) to move back up to sixth overall and select Johnson Jr. from Ohio State.

The Texans could have basically moved from #12 to #3 by trading Tunsil, and a 3rd and 4th RD pick.

Last edited:
I’ll take Nicks slate of picks over yours. You also have to look at trades and FA to get a fuller picture.

Reactions: JB
The difference between my drafts and Caserio's is Caserio's drafts live in the moment and the season at hand. My drafts plan for the 2026 season as much as they do the 2023 season. If you worry about 2026, 2023 season and salary cap will take care of itself.

Besides the selection of jalin, you kind’ve reached on a few of your picks though 1.2 carter (9th overall), 1.12 smith (30th), 2.33 Cody (48th), 65 ringo (105) and 104 Luke (190).

If this was nicks draft, I’m pretty sure you would’ve blasted him for not getting value out of his picks…….or something along those lines lol

Texian‘s team

$200 million in cap space

tons of first round picks he keeps trading down for

all players picked using 5th and 6th round picks!

Last edited:
We have acquired T Orlando Brown Jr. via trade with the Baltimore Ravens, pending the passing of a physical. pic.twitter.com/75zFpYsyMt

The Baltimore Ravens will receive the Chiefs’ first, third and fourth round picks this year and a fifth round pick in 2022.

Now I ask you would the Cardinals or the Bears rather of had Paris Johnson or Darnell Wright, respectively, with their 1st RD picks, or Laremy Tunsil?

The Texans could have traded Tunsil to the Cards instead of giving up the valuable 2024 1st RD pick.
The Cardinals made another trade on Thursday, sending that first-round pick (No. 12) to the Detroit Lions along with the second of their two second-round picks (No. 34) to move back up to sixth overall and select Johnson Jr. from Ohio State.

The Texans could have basically moved from #12 to #3 by trading Tunsil, and a 3rd and 4th RD pick.

So you'd trade your franchise LT, right when you're trying to develop your future franchise rookie QB?

No G.M. ever would do that.

Orlando Brown was cheap to sign for the Chiefs. Tunsil wouldn’t be.

Arizona would have very little cap room to sign Tunsil I would expect with Hopkins and Murray’s contracts.

Wouldn’t trading Tunsil create dead cap money since he just signed his contract?

So you'd trade your franchise LT, right when you're trying to develop your future franchise rookie QB?

No G.M. ever would do that.
Well, I drafted Charles Cross in 2022 with whom Seattle is well pleased. And if rational thinking GM knows he has drafted a solid replacement and does not have to spend a record-breaking amount for a new contract that will save him over $80 million in cap space and in addition a trade will bring an additional 1st RD and 2nd pick, that GM will not blink once before pulling the trigger on that deal. It's much like Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs trading Tyreek Hill because the salary cap hit said it was the smart thing to do. And they won a Super Bowl right after doing so. It's business Sonny, it's not personal.

Last edited:

Arizona would have very little cap room to sign Tunsil I would expect with Hopkins and Murray’s contracts.

Wouldn’t trading Tunsil create dead cap money since he just signed his contract?
It's year 3 in the 1st year of the rebuild. Taking Tunsil's $18MM dead cap hit in 2023 does wonders for the salary cap in 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, and 2028.

Besides the selection of jalin, you kind’ve reached on a few of your picks though 1.2 carter (9th overall), 1.12 smith (30th), 2.33 Cody (48th), 65 ringo (105) and 104 Luke (190).

If this was nicks draft, I’m pretty sure you would’ve blasted him for not getting value out of his picks…….or something along those lines lol
No, because I put no value on the talking heads draft boards because they get it wrong much more than they get it right. One thing I have learned is NFL draft boards and media predictions are rarely close to being in agreement. The only pick where I was more than a round off was Wypler.

I want to thank the Kool Aid Brigade for playing. Next year maybe y'all can do live on-the-clock picks for the Texans original picks and we can compare notes.

It's year 3 in the 1st year of the rebuild. Taking Tunsil's $18MM dead cap hit in 2023 does wonders for the salary cap in 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, and 2028.

We have played this game before trying to get a LT to replace Duane Brown.

Using your own example a Super Bowl team traded for a Orlando Brown. And another signed him as a FA (Bengals).

If those two teams are desperate for a LT and can’t find one in a draft why give up one we have?

Chiefs and Bengals are in win now mode. But building to win is just as important when you have a rookie QB.

A solid LT does wonders for development. Once again - we played that game with Carr and Watson.

Taking a dead cap hit and giving away a prized positional player doesn’t make sense.

We have played this game before trying to get a LT to replace Duane Brown.

Using your own example a Super Bowl team traded for a Orlando Brown. And another signed him as a FA (Bengals).

If those two teams are desperate for a LT and can’t find one in a draft why give up one we have?

Chiefs and Bengals are in win now mode. But building to win is just as important when you have a rookie QB.

A solid LT does wonders for development. Once again - we played that game with Carr and Watson.

Taking a dead cap hit and giving away a prized positional player doesn’t make sense.
You keep forgetting that I drafted Charles Cross in 2022 with whom the Seattle Seahawks are well-pleased.

There’s a name they call GM’s that spend most of their time planning for a season 3 years away - unemployed.

There are GM's running a team, navigating through drafts, and then there are wannabe's on message boards.

Which is ok and fun until they actually begin think they know what they are doing. :joker:

:coffee:

There are 3 positions that when you have a top 5 guy, you pay him even if it does have an impact on your cap. QB, LT, and DE. I’d add CB and WR under certain circumstances.

Trading Tunsil isn’t a smart move. And I’ve been critical at times, but last year he won me over. Cross might be good, but Tunsil is a proven top 5 pass blocker protecting a prized rookies blindside. He is worth the $$$.

The difference between my drafts and Caserio's is Caserio's drafts live in the moment and the season at hand. My drafts plan for the 2026 season as much as they do the 2023 season. If you worry about 2026, 2023 season and salary cap will take care of itself.
The difference is your career isn't on the line. Again, I'm pretty close to the gm in Indy and the level of stress involved is beyond what you can imagine. Most times, once you get fired, which most gms do, you almost never get another chance.

If Stroud becomes a top 5 QB the Texans are in great shape.

Y'all know what I think of Stroud. Next off-season the Texans will have the most cap space in the NFL. Gonna have to spend to hit the cap floor.

Would have been great had Caserio bit that bullet three years ago.

Y'all know what I think of Stroud. Next off-season the Texans will have the most cap space in the NFL. Gonna have to spend to hit the cap floor.
Not so fast, you still have to add $40MM+ for the first 2 picks. Then in 4 years, it's going to be a real doozy trying to sign them both to 2nd contracts. I'm doubtful that happens. You also have the Stingly and Green contracts the year before. My guess is 1 out of the 4 gets a 2nd contract.

The difference is your career isn't on the line. Again, I'm pretty close to the gm in Indy and the level of stress involved is beyond what you can imagine. Most times, once you get fired, which most gms do, you almost never get another chance.
Ballard did the one thing that gets most GMs fired, he drafted potential. If Richardson doesn't pan out Ballard is a goner.

There are 3 positions that when you have a top 5 guy, you pay him even if it does have an impact on your cap. QB, LT, and DE. I’d add CB and WR under certain circumstances.

Trading Tunsil isn’t a smart move. And I’ve been critical at times, but last year he won me over. Cross might be good, but Tunsil is a proven top 5 pass blocker protecting a prized rookies blindside. He is worth the $$$.

The one thing Texian fails to do in his, “I’m smarter than Caserio” exercise……offer insight as to how Cross (Lovie) and Meinerz (Culley/Lovie) would develop with Culley and Lovie’s staff and their offensive system from 2021 to 2022. Both could’ve easily wound up in the same basket as Green did in 2022 and nowhere near who they were with the Broncos and Seahawks.

So what you're saying is you could trade Tunsil for more than a 1 and a 2?

The one thing Texian fails to do in his, “I’m smarter than Caserio” exercise……offer insight as to how Cross (Lovie) and Meinerz (Culley/Lovie) would develop with Culley and Lovie’s staff and their offensive system from 2021 to 2022. Both could’ve easily wound up in the same basket as Green did in 2022 and nowhere near who they were with the Broncos and Seahawks.
No, both performed at the top of their class, unlike Green whose underperformance was closer to the bottom. Meinerz had 30+ reps at pro day. Meinerz and Cross are faster, quicker, more explosive, and more athletic than Green.

Quinn Meinerz
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jump
6 ft 2+7⁄8 in
(1.90 m)
320 lb
(145 kg)
33+3⁄8 in
(0.85 m)
10+1⁄8 in
(0.26 m)
4.99 s1.73 s2.88 s4.58 s7.54 s32.0 in
(0.81 m)
9 ft 3 in
(2.82 m)
Charles Cross

HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
6 ft 4+3⁄4 in
(1.95 m)
307 lb
(139 kg)
34+1⁄2 in
(0.88 m)
10+3⁄4 in
(0.27 m)
4.95 s1.75 s2.92 s4.61 s7.88 s30.5 in
(0.77 m)
9 ft 4 in
(2.84 m)
20 reps
Kenyon Green

HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
6 ft 3+7⁄8 in
(1.93 m)
323 lb
(147 kg)
34+1⁄8 in
(0.87 m)
10+3⁄8 in
(0.26 m)
5.24 s1.76 s3.01 s5.03 s28.5 in
(0.72 m)
8 ft 6 in
(2.59 m)
20 reps

Last edited:
Not so fast, you still have to add $40MM+ for the first 2 picks. Then in 4 years, it's going to be a real doozy trying to sign them both to 2nd contracts. I'm doubtful that happens. You also have the Stingly and Green contracts the year before. My guess is 1 out of the 4 gets a 2nd contract.
If they play well I'm quite certain the McNair's/Caserio will find a way to get them paid. What I worry about is Stroud being a good but not great QB and getting paid like a top tier QB after yr 3. You know DM will be back at the trough if Stroud only performs at a good level. Just like DM did with Murray and look at the shape that franchise is in since they did the Murray deal. I could see Cal's greedy impatient azz suffering the same fate.

If they play well I'm quite certain the McNair's/Caserio will find a way to get them paid. What I worry about is Stroud being a good but not great QB and getting paid like a top tier QB after yr 3. You know DM will be back at the trough if Stroud only performs at a good level. Just like DM did with Murray and look at the shape that franchise is in since they did the Murray deal. I could see Cal's greedy impatient azz suffering the same fate.
I'm expecting Stroud to perform at a lesser level than he did in college, panicking more under pressure, struggling with teams over .500, and being unable to win the BIG one. He will win as many championships with the Texans as he did with the Buckeyes, zero.

I'm expecting Stroud to perform at a lesser level than he did in college, panicking more under pressure, struggling with teams over .500, and being unable to win the BIG one. He will win as many championships with the Texans as he did with the Buckeyes, zero.
Yep, he isn't playing Michigan anymore.

Oh wait.....

Right now, what do you think the Chargers should be considering paying Herbert? Top 10? Top 5?

Right now, what do you think the Chargers should be considering paying Herbert? Top 10? Top 5?
Top 10

Of course you know what I think of paying QB's 2nd contracts.

Mahomes gave the Chiefs a heck of a deal and that's why they're still on top. Kinda like Brady, it extended the window to win championships. I don't ever expect a DM client to sign a deal like that.

I don’t have an answer. The kid is good. But they’re not going to win anything. Starting to look like a Matt Stafford thing to me. He’s not getting past Mahomes, Burrows, Allen, Jackson, & now Rodgers.

This says more about the job Telesco hasn't done.

BL has discussed Telesco and where the Chargers are headed with me. He' not been impressed. Chiefs have Mahomes and have been better drafting than the Chargers have been

Texian‘s team

$200 million in cap space

tons of first round picks he keeps trading down for

all players picked using 5th and 6th round picks!
Nick has more of those than I do. Nick has to pay a 1.2 and a 1.3, I don't. This year's draft was awful. I didn't draft past RD 5 because I don't think RD 6 and 7 will make many 53 man rosters.

Top 5 would be tough, so many good QBs out there these days. I’d be happy if Stroud could land in the top 10 or be another Stafford (I’ve always rated him). Personally I believe we can win it with that

Back