Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texas Showdown! Texans @ Cowboys

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty cool that so many still watch every game or as much as they can. The Texans have a good fan base here and even for people (like me) who have put them in the peripheral, it really wouldnt take much to get fully onboard again.

Reactions: JB
Thanks for the replies. That's pretty cool that so many still watch every game or as much as they can. The Texans have a good fan base here and even for people (like me) who have put them in the peripheral, it really wouldnt take much to get fully onboard again.
Yw back at ya. All i can say at the moment is Lord grant me patience but please HURRY! I remember when the Oilers were so close n exciting then the Texans did it for awhile and it will come back

Cowboys 49
Texans 10
Texans do their usual TD in the last two mins

They may give up 20 sacks against this cowboys pass rush.
Mills has a better chance of ending up in a hospital than he does starting next year. If he does start next year it means they are tanking for Caleb Williams.

Some things get better when aged. Some just get stinky.

Timing - Last season for Emmitt Smith, Irvin and Aikmen retired.
Unknown - expansion franchise nobody had any film on.
Momentum - Everyone starts (belief/winning attitude) with a clean slate, so the eventual losing does not kick in until later.
2002 Cowboys - trash compared to 2022 Cowboys.

:deadhorse :sarcasm:

Watched every game (most of the snaps) other than the Philly game. Game 5 of the WS took precedence.

Edit: Also missed the Commanders game due to driving to Louisiana. Listened on XM radio.

This is what I've missed this yr too?

Ironically driving back from the Golden Nugget after watching K.C. and the Sunshine band.

I can't ever remember a time when this match up mattered less then it does now. Even the cowboys fans I know are quiet and just look to me with pity. Will they win by 2 touchdowns or more? I'm not certain Dr. Kevorkian has enough meds to make this painless. And do you really want to win anyway? Wins jeopardize the #1 overall pick and maybe they solidify us keeping hc's and other coaches who don't deserve to be here.

I don't want to be the fan who roots against his own team ,but sometimes loses are the catalyst for change - and we most definitely need a change.

Why are Britt and Cooks still on this team? And what’s wrong with Britt?
Cooks threaten to retire if traded last season and when he wanted trade this year Caserio tried. Allegedly Dallas agreed to a round 2 & 4 but wanted Houston to pay part of Cooks $. Mistake Dallas as they could have him for remainder of 22 at less than a million base salary which averaged with remaining years could have been a huge move for a WR with Brandin's ability. Still could get done after season as Cooks reportedly offered to re-work his deal. Britt has $4 million dead $ hit until after this year when he becomes a savings of same amount if cut. It was a cheap if risky gamble he would be healthy and return to yester year...

Cooks threaten to retire if traded last season and when he wanted trade this year Caserio tried. Allegedly Dallas agreed to a round 2 & 4 but wanted Houston to pay part of Cooks $. Mistake Dallas as they could have him for remainder of 22 at less than a million base salary which averaged with remaining years could have been a huge move for a WR with Brandin's ability. Still could get done after season as Cooks reportedly offered to re-work his deal. Britt has $4 million dead $ hit until after this year when he becomes a savings of same amount if cut. It was a cheap if risky gamble he would be healthy and return to yester year...
IMO, Cannon and Britt were wastes of spaces (both literally and figuratively).

Teams mostly carry just 8 Olinemen.

They need time to gel also.

Taking risks on these guys is not the way to go for a rebuilding team.

I don't want to be the fan who roots against his own team ,but sometimes loses are the catalyst for change - and we most definitely need a change.
This I have to agree! Back in 02 sure that loss was embarrassing, but the good part is that it led to a coaching change. There have been some ups and downs since then, but I’ve never welcomed a change as much as that one. However Garrett’s leaving was a close second.

I'm not expecting much out of our defense, well actually it's probably gonna get real ugly, but I'm hopeful the Oline's run blocking is a little better so our backs can get some yardage vs the Dallas rushing defense which I don't think is quite as formidable as their pass defense.

FWIW
Texans QB Kyle Allen is a healthy inactive for Week 14's game against the Cowboys.
He's a healthy scratch after starting the last two games. Jeff Driskel will get backup duties for the Texans against the Cowboys and likely be tasked with weird short-yardage stuff like he was earlier in the season. WR Nico Collins (foot), WR Brandin Cooks (calf), DL Kurt Hinish (shoulder), and CB Derek Stingley (hamstring/illness) were ruled out on Friday. Also inactive for the Texans are OL Justin McCray (hamstring) and FB Troy Hairston (ribs).

FWIW
Texans QB Kyle Allen is a healthy inactive for Week 14's game against the Cowboys.
He's a healthy scratch after starting the last two games. Jeff Driskel will get backup duties for the Texans against the Cowboys and likely be tasked with weird short-yardage stuff like he was earlier in the season. WR Nico Collins (foot), WR Brandin Cooks (calf), DL Kurt Hinish (shoulder), and CB Derek Stingley (hamstring/illness) were ruled out on Friday. Also inactive for the Texans are OL Justin McCray (hamstring) and FB Troy Hairston (ribs).

So how many weeks in a row now has Stingley been out? :lol:

I'll wait another week or so before my next "I told you so". But it's coming.

So how many weeks in a row now has Stingley been out? :lol:

I'll wait another week or so before my next "I told you so". But it's coming.
We all knew he might have injury problems. I'll wait till next year to say it was a bad choice

Back