Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

I think it's always been vulgar, especially in the way it was used. I'm sorry I didn't quote his whole post in your explanation... but I'm lazy like that.
I know you try hard but you completely suck at mod duties. Your rationale simply makes you come off as an extreme gas lighter to me. Give up your duties and stick to posting like everybody else… please?

I know, how silly of me to spend most of my time on a football forum in the football threads. :toropalm:
Posts get edited -and- deleted to fit narratives constantly. That happens -all over- the boards but the football ones are the ones that give it a real bad look. It has especially gotten worse lately by one specific moderator. This is just where we come to vent about it now.

*shrugs*

Posts get edited -and- deleted to fit narratives constantly. That happens -all over- the boards but the football ones are the ones that give it a real bad look. It has especially gotten worse lately by one specific moderator. This is just where we come to vent about it now.

*shrugs*
Can you cite two instances of this happening? Especially by that one specific moderator.

Can you cite two instances of this happening? Especially by that one specific moderator.
I would but again… posts are deleted and edited so what’s there to cite? I know what I said and I know what was said by others and I know what’s “not said” anymore.

P.S. YOU are that moderator. Go gas light someone else, TK.

And there are THREE separate incidents in this thread regarding -you- editing content ALONE.
Three?

& all three were to fit a particular narrative?

One was edited to remove profanity from a post he quoted. What narrative is being gas lit there?

Are you saying one (or more) of your posts was edited or deleted to fit a narrative by me?

Explain to me (if you would be so kind) what you believe gaslight means?
Go pound sand with your condescending silliness.

Three?

& all three were to fit a particular narrative?

One was edited to remove profanity from a post he quoted. What narrative is being gas lit there?

Have a nice day, TK.

:)

Yeah.

The funnier part is that the mods are quick to edit posts but they miss the obvious typo.

Do you know what I mean @JB and @NitroGSXR ?
Not “mods”. The mods here are fine. They have been here for years and have done an outstanding job even though I don’t always agree with them. Just call it for what it is… it’s one mod. Period. We know exactly what he is now that he’s -finally- been caught and exposed for what he is… a narrative gaslighter… so I’m comfortable with moving on. It does suck because I will now forever hold my and -anyone else’s- posts in doubt. I’ll always ask myself… Were they edited? Whats the narrative now? Being gaslit SUCKS especially when it’s been going on for as long as it has but I do know I wanna get back to Texans stuff so I’m just gonna put a “mental” block on Mr. MurmurKyss’s Texans content and call him out -every single- time I see an edit or potential doubt on someone’s content.

*shrugs*

The funnier part is that the mods are quick to edit posts but they miss the obvious typo.
This is getting out of hand.

A post was edited a while back to clarify what was said. I was the mod who edited the post.

When I edited the post I sent a notification to the OP saying the post was edited/corrected for clarity. So it was not done behind the OP's back, I was fully transparent by sending the notification.

The OP asked why was his post edited instead of just quoted with a "correction" in a subsequent post, which is the way it's normally been addressed in the past.

I explained I don't know why I chose to do it that way at that time. But he was correct, that was the normal way any of us handled corrections prior to me editing his post.

Since then I have not edited a post for correction or clarification. Prior to that I have not & to my knowledge no one has edited a post to alter the OPs post for correction/clarification.

However, a poster used profanity in a post. I edited the post to obscure the profanity. I sent a notification to that poster to be transparent. Then I saw the next post quoted his post capturing the profanity, so I edited that post to obscure the profanity he quoted. I sent him a notification explaining what was done. I guess my explanation wasn't clear enough so he asked. That post just so happened to belong to the same member whose post I edited earlier.

But that's it. One time I edited a post that altered what the OP intended to say. The other time I did what I am supposed to do removing profanity. I apologize for the first, not the 2nd. But at no time did I "try to get away with something." or "gas light" any one.

How about just putting a note at the end of an edit as, Edited by:______, you know for clarity.
I believe that already happens. I see a note on edited posts that says edited by moderator. I assumed you guys did as well, but it doesn't seem like it. I'll edit your post to test this theory.

So I edited your post. I sent you a notification that I edited your post. At the bottom of your post I see a line that says "last edited by a moderator 1 min ago"

Do you see that line?

1000002471.jpg

You should be able to see that. IMO, if you do you should rest assured that the problem some would have you think is running rampant here is not unless you're seeing a bunch of those.

Last edited:
How about just putting a note at the end of an edit as, Edited by:______, you know for clarity.

Edit.... testing
It does but they have been able to edit it without you knowing about it. In fact, it was -the notification- that finally got him busted. He edited and drunkenly put out a notification. His hand was caught in the cookie jar. I know what I saw again and again… PERIOD. No gas lighting needed. What we need is a good anti-virus program that will clear off this forum from ThunderBugs.

It does but they have been able to edit it without you knowing about it. In fact, it was -the notification- that finally got him busted. He edited and drunkenly put out a notification. His hand was caught in the cookie jar. I know what I saw again and again… PERIOD. No gas lighting needed. What we need is a good anti-virus program that will clear off this forum from ThunderBugs.
This is factually untrue as it relates to me. It was no accidnet that I sent the notification.

If you are seeing other posts being modified with no notification being sent, it's not by me. If you're seeing posts edited without the message at the bottom, it's not me.

Now, I understand what you've been saying. I'm not saying what you are describing isn't happening. I don't know that it is or isn't, I haven't been looking for it. I haven't noticed it. I am saying if it is happening it's not me.

This is factually untrue as it relates to me. It was no accidnet that I sent the notification.

If you are seeing other posts being modified with no notification being sent, it's not by me. If you're seeing posts edited without the message at the bottom, it's not me.

Now, I understand what you've been saying. I'm not saying what you are describing isn't happening. I don't know that it is or isn't, I haven't been looking for it. I haven't noticed it. I am saying if it is happening it's not me.
If that’s the case… look for it and redeem yourself then. Otherwise… -your- credibility on the boards will remain low.

*shrugs*

This is -real- simple. If folks are not able to follow rules and behave like an adult then simply levy that ban hammer. This “editing of posts” nonsense is just ridiculous and offensive to -everyone- including to whoever’s doing the edits.

*INTEGRITY MATTERS*

We can be bigger and better than that as people. Just leave our posts alone. M’kay? Thanks.

TOPIC CLOSED.

Today’s the big day! Whoo hoo!!!! Let’s go Texans!

This spat has been very public. It is what it is. I've told you what I do & what I don't. You believe what you want & regard my credibility/integrity as you see fit.

The other mods & the owner of this site know if what I said (about what i do & what i don't) is true or not. When they tell me to do things differently than I have, I'll change the way I do things.

Again, you're complaining about something I have no part of. I will look for what you're saying & do what I can to stop it.

This spat has been very public. It is what it is. I've told you what I do & what I don't. You believe what you want & regard my credibility/integrity as you see fit.

The other mods & the owner of this site know if what I said (about what i do & what i don't) is true or not. When they tell me to do things differently than I have, I'll change the way I do things.
Will do, ThunderBug. Have a good one.

From the admin level, I can see every action taken by the mod team. If you have any concerns or specific examples, please ask me via PM.

Tkyss does a lot of behind the scenes clean up work. Stuff like moving posts to related threads, deleting duplicates, removing spam, etc. I haven't seen an agenda, and I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Mistakes can happen.

My focus is always forum integrity, so I'm about being objective without taking sides. I get beef and history, so for me it's perceptions vs. reality, and the forum has digital footprints to verify.

It's generally a long-standing forum etiquette rule not to publicly admonish mods, because we've all see things get ugly. Bring any concerns to me, Hookem, or any other mod.

We're not about "us v them". We are y'all. We're just volunteers to help keep this place going for Texans fans. There is no power involved.

We are seeing more traffic and more new members as the Texans improve. Let's be the place online where folks want to come hang out in their spare time and chat about our favorite team. Diversity and passion certainly make for entertaining conversations.

:texan:

From the admin level, I can see every action taken by the mod team. If you have any concerns or specific examples, please ask me via PM.

Tkyss does a lot of behind the scenes clean up work. Stuff like moving posts to related threads, deleting duplicates, removing spam, etc. I haven't seen an agenda, and I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Mistakes can happen.

My focus is always forum integrity, so I'm about being objective without taking sides. I get beef and history, so for me it's perceptions vs. reality, and the forum has digital footprints to verify.

It's generally a long-standing forum etiquette rule not to publicly admonish mods, because we've all see things get ugly. Bring any concerns to me, Hookem, or any other mod.

We're not about "us v them". We are y'all. We're just volunteers to help keep this place going for Texans fans. There is no power involved.

We are seeing more traffic and more new members as the Texans improve. Let's be the place online where folks want to come hang out in their spare time and chat about our favorite team. Diversity and passion certainly make for entertaining conversations.

:texan:

I have -never- called out a mod in 20+ years. this is my absolute -first- time. I asked for clarity -before- calling anyone out. Nobody responded. Just the same old circle gaslighting tactics by TK. I have even applauded TK’s efforts in the past. I admin groups so I know how much work it is. It’s unapplauded, unappreciated, and y’all are the first that we take our our frustrations on. It’s not a fun job. I know.

You say you reviewed the history and can confirm that no games are being played here thennn… I will step up and apologize.

Yeah… I hope the fans keep coming back. Editing content doesn’t help that though.

Thanks for the courtesy response.

I have -never- called out a mod in 20+ years. this is my absolute -first- time. I asked for clarity -before- calling anyone out. Nobody responded. Just the same old circle gaslighting tactics by TK. I have even applauded TK’s efforts in the past. I admin groups so I know how much work it is. It’s unapplauded, unappreciated, and y’all are the first that we take our our frustrations on. It’s not a fun job. I know.

You say you reviewed the history and can confirm that no games are being played here thennn… I will step up and apologize.

Yeah… I hope the fans keep coming back. Editing content doesn’t help that though.

Thanks for the courtesy response.

Just my 2 cents, but I share the opinion that there's no one that should be editing anyone else's content, at all. I mean even the most minor edits, even simply editing an inappropriate word to make a post allowable is still changing what someone else wanted to say without their permission. And at the end of the day all we have in a place like this to present and distinguish ourselves is our voluntarily shared thoughts.

If a post is deemed inappropriate then it should simply be deleted while giving the poster a notification as to why their post is gone. If the poster wants to respond with a version of what they wanted to say minus whatever was originally disallowed then so be it.

Again, just how I feel since the subject was brought up.

old.jpg

Just my 2 cents, but I share the opinion that there's no one that should be editing anyone else's content, at all. I mean even the most minor edits, even simply editing an inappropriate word to make a post allowable is still changing what someone else wanted to say without their permission. And at the end of the day all we have in a place like this to present and distinguish ourselves is our voluntarily shared thoughts.

If a post is deemed inappropriate then it should simply be deleted while giving the poster a notification as to why their post is gone. If the poster wants to respond with a version of what they wanted to say minus whatever was originally disallowed then so be it.

Again, just how I feel since the subject was brought up.
That’s not what I was referring to but yes we wholly agree. The deletion of posts that do not follow the rules absolutely should be deleted. I’m not trying to tell anybody to do their jobs. Just leave our content alone or delete it if warranted. I do my best to avoid deletion on my sites but I’m fine with it. Some content shouldn’t be posted. Editing… NEVER. Ever. Period. Period. Period. Like you said… -my- comments. My thoughts. Inserting an asterisk into it is not ok.

Every moderators are appreciated -including- ThunderBug. Hoping a little Raid’ll sniff him back into being the solid mod that he has been in the past… but each and every single one of yall… thank you.

Thank you for the courtesy response also along with DB.

I still question the decision to make judgement calls of what is and what is not vulgarity. If it's allowed by the filters how can it be vulgarity? Change the filters or if it's some other reason, call it something else! If you're deleting a post because it's quoting a post that was deleted, maybe a strikethru strike-through can be used?

I still question the decision to make judgement calls of what is and what is not vulgarity. If it's allowed by the filters how can it be vulgarity? Change the filters or if it's some other reason, call it something else! If you're deleting a post because it's quoting a post that was deleted, maybe a strikethru strike-through can be used?
#endthread

I still strongly suspect gaslighting but I’m allowed to bask in my own paranoia if I like.

but hell yeah… I’m ready to put this to bed. Quit editing content. Let’s go Texans!

Not “mods”. The mods here are fine. They have been here for years and have done an outstanding job even though I don’t always agree with them. Just call it for what it is… it’s one mod. Period. We know exactly what he is now that he’s -finally- been caught and exposed for what he is… a narrative gaslighter… so I’m comfortable with moving on. It does suck because I will now forever hold my and -anyone else’s- posts in doubt. I’ll always ask myself… Were they edited? Whats the narrative now? Being gaslit SUCKS especially when it’s been going on for as long as it has but I do know I wanna get back to Texans stuff so I’m just gonna put a “mental” block on Mr. MurmurKyss’s Texans content and call him out -every single- time I see an edit or potential doubt on someone’s content.

*shrugs*

Not to jump in the middle of it but most of the current mods were all made mods at the same time. I remember because it was getting to be to much for just the one or two mods that were posting regularly so hook'em promoted several people that had been around a long time so that there was almost always a mod on.

That said I would like it if when the mods edit or delete a post they give a reason and identify who made the change. There have been a couple of times I've had a post deleted and had no idea why or who deleted it and I contacted a couple of the mods and they didn't know why or who either. Just would have been nice to know what the reason was just for my knowledge.

I believe that already happens. I see a note on edited posts that says edited by moderator. I assumed you guys did as well, but it doesn't seem like it. I'll edit your post to test this theory.

So I edited your post. I sent you a notification that I edited your post. At the bottom of your post I see a line that says "last edited by a moderator 1 min ago"

Do you see that line?

View attachment 13435

You should be able to see that. IMO, if you do you should rest assured that the problem some would have you think is running rampant here is not unless you're seeing a bunch of those.

I haven't had one edited or deleted for awhile, that I know of, but in the past I never saw this and had to play 20 questions to figure out what was going on and never did. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things just a small splinter I can't get out.

Reactions: JB
How many donations have YOU made to keep the website running?

The site was down for quite some time. I was t able to get on during the game and just now I got access.

Is there a diagnosis? Is there something ghat needs to be done to make sure it doesn’t happen again? A new router? Extension cord?

There is going to be more and more traffic due to our success. If we need to have a bake sale to fix things please let us know.

Maybe we should make new members have an initiation fee of $5…

@JB - I hijacked your post because it is relevant.

@JB - I hijacked your post because it is relevant.
Thank you for doing so! I will just add this one in the hopes more eyes will see it

I think today proved that members need to step up with donations to allow Kevin to negotiate for more bandwidth or get a new server.

It's either that or restrict access given to guests and bots. Today sucked!

Back