Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs. Bengals ... wishful thinking.?.

Sonny

TexSon Proud
Bengals are undefeated and get a Thursday and Monday Night game the next two weeks. Here's to hoping they beat The Brownies so that Houston can go in there two Mondays from now and hand them their first loss.

We've looked, uhh, inconsistent all year but if we can get that game it should build confidence and what with being in the worst division.. we can still make the playoffs and as we all know.. Any Given Sunday.

it should be a good game hopefully we can get healthy and have a good gameplan going in

maybe we should start TJ yates hes never lost to the bengals so :P

Well.. we do have a bye so if we are not fully prepared in 2 weeks.. there will be no excuse.

The Bucks beat Atlanta in Atlanta. Maybe we'll see a multiple offensefollowing the bye & shock the Bengals & the NFL.

We've beaten 3 teams that have combined to go 6 and 15. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't have a chance in Cincy. It's going to be as ugly as Miami/Atlanta...

We've beaten 3 teams that have combined to go 6 and 15. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't have a chance in Cincy. It's going to be as ugly as Miami/Atlanta...

Now look at our losses:

KC - lost 5 straight after Texans game, followed by wins against No-Ben Pittsburgh and 1-6 Lions
CAR - legitimate loss as they are 6-0, but have not played a team over .500 all season
ATL - 42-0 at one time to a team that just lost to a 2-4 TB team at home after barely beating the Tits 10-7 (last three games have been UGLY for them)
IND - can't beat a really bad Colt team with a 57-year old backup QB with one lung
MIA - 41-0 in first half against a TE coach, then they get blown out by NE the next game

I can't be "proud" of any of the wins, or even get a moral victory from any of the losses. MAYBE Carolina once they show they can beat a team with a decent record.

Probably right. Unless this defense can somehow put together the same kind of performance it had against the titans this one could get ugly real fast.

Yeah, the fact it's a Monday night game in there place tells me there's no chance of the Bengals playing a let down game. If it were a noon kick on Sunday, maybe.

Did I mention Tampa Bay beat Atlanta?

Stranger things have happened.

If our defense have turned the corner & figured out who the heck they are going to be. Maybe they can keep the score low enough to make it a game.

I'm hoping that we don't lose each quarter by double digits.

I'd like the opponents score to be under 20 at the half..

Ugly as a mule with mumps? You're absolutely right, it's going to be.

I have tickets to that game. I bought them before the season started, when I was still an idiot. So I'll be sitting there on Monday night, freezing my ass off and watching the Texans get handled while Bengals fans all around me talk ****. It's probably not going to be as much fun as it sounds.

I honestly don't think we'll win either. I'm only saying the reason given isn't a good reason when the Bucs beat Atlanta.

I won't try to pinpoint a reason why I believe we won't win. At this junture I'm not even interested in parsing or assessing this team. From my view point they just aren't good and have been poorly managed on multiple levels. All of that has manifested into the results we see on Sunday.

Are they capable of winning? Sure. Miracles happen.

I honestly don't think we'll win either. I'm only saying the reason given isn't a good reason when the Bucs beat Atlanta.

You cant use division games when applying X beat Y to other teams.
Anything that's happened before doesn't really matter. This is the NFL where anything can happen any day. The ball bounces a certain way and bad teams can beat a good teams on that particular day. The Bengals aren't going to go 16-0. They probably won't go 14-2. They're going to lose a couple or more games, and one of those may even be to a team they should have whooped. It happens.

Not saying I'm cashing in my 401K and betting it on the Texans beating the Bengals, but it can happen. Most likely won't, but it can.

If we cant get our running game working, I doubt we win another game. I'll go ahead and say it without really knowing for sure but I'm guessing that we have the worst running offense in the NFL.

If we cant get our running game working, I doubt we win another game. I'll go ahead and say it without really knowing for sure but I'm guessing that we have the worst running offense in the NFL.

The Texans are 28th in rushing yards per game at 87.9 and last in yards per rushing attempt at 3.3.

Should be an entertaining game even if it's blowout. We need to see what kind of a team we really have when playing a good team.

This game could get ugly, depending on what Texans D decides to show up. I've been following the Bengals this year and I believe they are the real deal. I think hiring Hue Jackson has helped Dalton tremendously and that maybe most of his problems stem from being coached by Jay Gruden for so long. Gruden is showing an ability to destroy QB's.

I hope the Texans D from last Sunday shows and the Texans offense can generate a semblance of a running game and Hoyer can quit staring down receivers and holding the ball too long. If all that can happen, the Texans will have a chance to stay in the game.

This game could get ugly, depending on what Texans D decides to show up. I've been following the Bengals this year and I believe they are the real deal. I think hiring Hue Jackson has helped Dalton tremendously and that maybe most of his problems stem from being coached by Jay Gruden for so long. Gruden is showing an ability to destroy QB's.

I hope the Texans D from last Sunday shows and the Texans offense can generate a semblance of a running game and Hoyer can quit staring down receivers and holding the ball too long. If all that can happen, the Texans will have a chance to stay in the game.

If my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle.

Cincinnati is a powerhouse this year. They will mollywog us back in to being the angry, bitter, depressed, self loathing fans that I've come to love.

Right now I'm wondering how the Texans are going to pull a 6-10 season out of their gaping ass of incompetency. Maybe 5-11.

Cincinnati is going to kick our asses.

There is a chance. It may not be a good chance, but every game is better than the odds of winning the lotto.

It could happen. I'm not going to predict it, but the Toros could possibly win. They have a habit of doing the most unexpected things.

>Texans vs. Bengals ... wishful thinking.?.

d0358e334fedf21401128f5328104112.500x291x1.jpg

The Union of Non Specific Believers believes that showing devices depicting deviate diabolical behaviors begins badly.

Regardless of how much of a lead the Bengals get on the Texans in the first half, I predict the Texans will do their best to win the second half of the game. You know the part where the other team goes into prevent defense mode to protect a 40+ point lead? Yeah, that's the part. We win that part and our boys get fresh orange slices for trying their bestesses.

Regardless of how much of a lead the Bengals get on the Texans in the first half, I predict the Texans will do their best to win the second half of the game. You know the part where the other team goes into prevent defense mode to protect a 40+ point lead? Yeah, that's the part. We win that part and our boys get fresh orange slices for trying their bestesses.

But those orange slices make winning the second half SO worth it!

Well.. now that Johnny Football is starting for the Browns.. the Bengals won't be undefeated anyway. :kitten:

BTW- that was a hell of a double alliteration, Thorn.

It is wishful thinking but usually (not always) most bad teams seem to have that game where they beat somebody that they have no business beating. It happens every single year to almost all the bad teams (again, not always). Good teams sometimes lay an egg during the season too. That happens on a fairly regular basis a couple of times a year to somebody.

It could happen next week with the Texans and the Bengals. If it does it won't really mean anything. It will just be one of those weird weekends when this kind of thing happens. I just think that the way the Texans world turns it's a perfect weekend for that to happen. It provides that mid-season spark of hope that people not conditioned to the pattern will get excited about before everything collapses in a big heap of "But, but, muh being on the right track?" chaos that we've all come to know and love.

You beat the Bengals in a fluke, get to the top of the division, and then crap it all away over the next few weeks before "turning things around" in the last two weeks (after losing to Indianapolis as usual) to try and reach .500 or so and salvage some imaginary dignity. It will be OB telling the team that it's a two game season and we want to be undefeated or some bullshit like that.

Back