Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

texans tough ride to superbowl

coltfan123

Waterboy
looking at the playoff pic...http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

broncos are going to be secodn seed probably becuase they face kc and browns.. patriots will stay the same..so unless by some freak accident bengals knock of patriots... texans will have to face pats at home.. if somehow they beat the pats they will have to face the broncos or the ravens...what are yalls thoughts on this?

broncos are going to be secodn seed probably becuase they face kc and browns.. patriots will stay the same..so unless by some freak accident bengals knock of patriots... texans will have to face pats at home.. if somehow they beat the pats they will have to face the broncos or the ravens...what are yalls thoughts on this?

As the #1 seed, Houston would face the lowest remaining team. If the Pats finish as the #3 seed, Houston would not be able to play them until the AFC Championship game. Barring a Pats upset against whoever they play, Houston will play the winner of the #4/#5 seed game.

(Presuming we are the no 1 seed) Yup if Cincy wins we play them otherwise we play the winner of Baltimore vs Indy.

As the #1 seed, Houston would face the lowest remaining team. If the Pats finish as the #3 seed, Houston would not be able to play them until the AFC Championship game. Barring a Pats upset against whoever they play, Houston will play the winner of the #4/#5 seed game.

oh ya i missed that part, that would be a emotinal game to knock the ravens our of playoffs at home

My main thought is we need to take one game at a time...

But, I think you are misreading the playoff system. The #1 seed will get the lowest seeded team of the two winners in the next round. If you go with the linked ranking (Texans,Broncos,Pats,Ravens,Colts,Bengals) that means the Texans could not end up with the Patriots in the 2nd round game: they would end up with the Bengals if they happened to win, but if the Patriots won, then the Texans would end up with the winner of the Colts/Ravens game.

Seeing as how we've beaten both the Colts and Ravens, I'd certainly rather end up playing one of them than the Patriots.

My main thought is we need to take one game at a time...

But, I think you are misreading the playoff system. The #1 seed will get the lowest seeded team of the two winners in the next round. If you go with the linked ranking (Texans,Broncos,Pats,Ravens,Colts,Bengals) that means the Texans could not end up with the Patriots in the 2nd round game: they would end up with the Bengals if they happened to win, but if the Patriots won, then the Texans would end up with the winner of the Colts/Ravens game.

Seeing as how we've beaten both the Colts and Ravens, I'd certainly rather end up playing one of them than the Patriots.

sure you will be rooting for a bengals victory the way bengals are playing it could be a close game..

It would be nice. I'd definitely feel a lot better playing Baltimore with the way they've played the last three week.

well colts could be dropped down to the 6th seed and and bengals face the ravens and colts face the patriots which hate to say it would be a easy win for the patriots..

The Pats loss tonight was huge. They will have one extra playoff game, and they'll have to go to Denver in the divisional rd.

The Pats loss tonight was huge. They will have one extra playoff game, and they'll have to go to Denver in the divisional rd.

Yep.

Setting up a Brady-Manning Matchup. NFL should love that. I love that myself. Let them beat up on each other and I prefer to see Manning over Brady since the team is so familiar with him. Hopefully I won't eat my words.

Yep.

Setting up a Brady-Manning Matchup. NFL should love that. I love that myself. Let them beat up on each other and I prefer to see Manning over Brady since the team is so familiar with him. Hopefully I won't eat my words.

OMGoodellness, yes yes yes!

Let them expend themselves and then come to Reliant. It'll be like having a hangover and your roommate bangs on pots and pans right in your ear at 7 a.m. the next morning.

Yep, let the Pats and Broncos fight to take each other out. We then face the winner of that brawl at home (best case scenario .. saying we win the 1 seed and win the first playoff game).

However that is just message board fodder for now. Time to talk about the Vikings.

Yep, let the Pats and Broncos fight to take each other out. We then face the winner of that brawl at home (best case scenario .. saying we win the 1 seed and win the first playoff game).

However that is just message board fodder for now. Time to talk about the Vikings.

if? i would think the texans could beat a lowly colts team or a crappy viking team

if? i would think the texans could beat a lowly colts team or a crappy viking team

Last year an even crappier Colts team beat us. And the Vikes just beat the Rams....a team the even SF could not beat this year. AP is on fire.

I am ignoring any threads on here that talk about "resting starters" in week 16, etc. If we beat the Vikes on Sunday, I will gladly participate in those discussions.

"If" we take care of business this week then that can be huge. Let Manning and Brady wear themselves out and look to play the Baltimore against whoever winner. I thought we'd have to maybe see both Brady and Manning to get to the Super Bowl, but if we only get one of them then we're fortunate.

Flacco and the Ravens and the Steelers with a dinged up Big Ben just don't scare me if we have to play them here.

Last year an even crappier Colts team beat us. And the Vikes just beat the Rams....a team the even SF could not beat this year. AP is on fire.

I am ignoring any threads on here that talk about "resting starters" in week 16, etc. If we beat the Vikes on Sunday, I will gladly participate in those discussions.

if i recall during that game texans had nothing really to fight for they alkready won the south..and they didnt have wade and yates was quarterback. Just my opnion i dont think the texans will drop both games...

Nobody's going to be resting any starters in week 16. Maybe week 17 but definitely not week 16.

:chef:

Back