Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans/titans

I would like to Congratulate the Titans and their fans for beating the Redskins 2 weeks ago I think. I watched it with my roommmate (a skins fan) and it was priceless. Also you put quite a show on against the Colts. Any football fan can appreciate the Colts almost losing to a bottom dweller.

To be honest, after watching you compete against the Colts and beat the Redskins I will not chalk up the 'W' just yet. I think we are both riding emotional highs and it will be a very entertaining game to watch.

I think the X factor for us was getting back Faggins. While he is not the best cornerback in the league, he does possess skills in the secondary we just didnt have the first couple weeks. It will allow more blitz packages which will put alot of pressure on Young. Vince is going to get a warm welcome to the NFL by DeMeco (that roll out and run crap aint working on Sunday).

My 100% biased opinion.

I will say this, I have never, ever, under any circumstances, ever feigned any sort of politeness or tolerance when it comes that state. I hate Tentopee. I have often wished that state would sink into the ground like Atlantis did in the ocean and never be heard from again. I have never tried to hide it. You stole my team. You stole my history. You even went so far as to retire Moon's number. I will always wish the worst. I even have to pull for the Cowboys when they played you. To top it off, I'm not sorry.

Tell us how you really feel. ;)

BudAdams.jpg

Why is the stadium empty in the background? :um: Was it a road game for the Titans?

Titan "Tack" Fan;479087 said:
They weren't all Houston players. That was from the '99 season, the Oilers moved to Memphis for the '97 season. Thus, there were "Tennessee" players that had been on the team for 1-2 years.

The nucleus of that team was the Houston Oilers (from the head coach to McNair, George, Hopkins - to name a few)... Period...

And as stated previously, in typical Bud Adams' Oilers fashion, they came up a yard short!

while I understand the bad blood between Bud and Houston fans..............can we get back to talking about the game this weeekend that has no Oilers left on it.............playing the expansion texans.................I think the history is important in context but this thread has no context for it.......................tell me why the Texans will win and how you would attack the Titans................I am a bit surprised with all the UT fans on here no one is giving VY any props as yet..............most think VY wont be a factor against the Texans which I think needs some defense.

while I understand the bad blood between Bud and Houston fans..............can we get back to talking about the game this weeekend that has no Oilers left on it.............playing the expansion texans.................I think the history is important in context but this thread has no context for it.......................tell me why the Texans will win and how you would attack the Titans................I am a bit surprised with all the UT fans on here no one is giving VY any props as yet..............most think VY wont be a factor against the Texans which I think needs some defense.

Stop Travis Henry. Keep Vince Young off balance. Score early and often to force the Titans to throw the ball to win.

I don't see the Titans passing threat as anything but less than average. Past all the hype, Young is still a rookie. I couldn't name a single receiver other than Givens and I haven't heard anything about him. Is he hurt?

The Titans D is just as porous and pathetic as ours. The only difference is the Titans have to defend against Carr, AJ, Moulds, and O.D. The Texans have to defend against Travis Henry and...............

Well there you go. That just summed it up.

Stop Travis Henry. Keep Vince Young off balance. Score early and often to force the Titans to throw the ball to win.

I don't see the Titans passing threat as anything but less than average. Past all the hype, Young is still a rookie. I couldn't name a single receiver other than Givens and I haven't heard anything about him. Is he hurt?

The Titans D is just as porous and pathetic as ours. The only difference is the Titans have to defend against Carr, AJ, Moulds, and O.D. The Texans have to defend against Travis Henry and...............

Well there you go. That just summed it up.
Givens should be back for this game but I do think you are right the D needs to key on Travis Henry and make VY beat us!
No stupid penalties and no turnovers will help for a key road victory.TEXANS 31 Titans 23
:logo: :homer:

I agree....but I do not think they will be able to stop Henry. We will have the same problem with AJ. It will be a close game...I cant wait!

Titan "Tack" Fan;479193 said:
Travis "I'm Playing like an MVP" Henry

Their is way to many other RB in this league having a way better year to even put MVP in the same sentence with Travis Henry thats like us saying Carr is having a MVP season or AJ. So slow down before you get to excited. Yes he has had a few good games but lets not start making reservations to Hawaii for him a couple bad games and you all will be ready to cut him and start LW.

I agree....but I do not think they will be able to stop Henry. We will have the same problem with AJ. It will be a close game...I cant wait!

The thing is, we can load the box and dare you to pass. If you put PacMan on AJ and double team him, that leaves Moulds one on one with Hill and opens up the running game. VY is going to have to come up big for you guys in this one, and while I know its not smart to bet against him, hes going to have to prove he can get it done.

Good points. Just another reason to stay glued to the TV screen on Sunday! I am not sure 8 in the box will stop us....VY has been throwing bullets at times as well.

And for the guy who was talking all that **** about TN.......you can kiss my ass.

Come on it does not matter if he started all year please do not try to put Travis Henry in the same class as LT you know better. To tell the truth I would not put him in the top five. As for MVP no way like I said besides other RB above him keep in account QB, WR, as well so MVP is just something for you to talk about with you fellow Titans brothers.

As far as our fans go lets not be to hard on them and keep a open mind go over to there board and see what they are saying about us most have been giving us credit about our team and just saying oh the Texans suck same have really have a open mind about our team and how the game might go. The fact of the matter is this we do not know which Texan team will show up fingers cross it is the same that played last weekend as for myself I see winning as long as we play as team helping each other out.

Good points. Just another reason to stay glued to the TV screen on Sunday! I am not sure 8 in the box will stop us....VY has been throwing bullets at times as well.

And for the guy who was talking all that **** about TN.......you can kiss my ass.

Bend over.

Titan "Tack" Fan;479193 said:
About time. All I've heard is how you guys need to stop VY .... the Texans need to worry about ONE PLAYER ONLY:

Travis "I'm Playing like an MVP" Henry

That's the only intelligent thing I've ever seen you post.

Back