Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans sign OT Mike Pearson

Am I missing it? Where does it say he's been signed?

It doesn't. Sometimes it takes a little time for corresponding roster moves or just getting the player into town. I assume they'll probably follow through since they've announced this much.

The Texans are going to sign offensive tackle Mike Pearson, a free agent who played the last four years with Jacksonville. For the Buffalo game, they also have veteran Brad Bedell to become the swing tackle who backs up at both posi- tions.

that was about halfway down the article. i just did a ctrl-f on pearson.

I don't understand. Did we go through all the ex-Broncos, or have they stopped wanting to sign with the Texans?

That string has been broken. We can put to rest the ugly rumors and innuendoes.

The organization should have gone after Wand. But I understand. Rather than pull in the guy who was competing for starting LT, the Texans would dredge through the Broncos outcasts, find nothing, and turn up a guy who hasn't played in over a year, a guy who, like Salaam (who has done a really poor job in Houston), was known as Jaguars garbage. Glad to see the organization moving in the right direction. Why didn't they go after Wand? I'm guessing he still isn't showing the "forward progress" that they are looking for right now.
:sarcasm:

:deadhorse: :rant:

The organization should have gone after Wand. But I understand. Rather than pull in the guy who was competing for starting LT, the Texans would dredge through the Broncos outcasts, find nothing, and turn up a guy who hasn't played in over a year, a guy who, like Salaam (who has done a really poor job in Houston), was known as Jaguars garbage. Glad to see the organization moving in the right direction. Why didn't they go after Wand? I'm guessing he still isn't showing the "forward progress" that they are looking for right now.
:sarcasm:

:deadhorse: :rant:

I hope your sarcasm was geared toward the Salaam comment. I personally think the guy has been pretty solid this year for the most part.

Not at all. It was aimed at the "forward progress." I think the only reason Salaam isn't being blamed for half the team's sacks is because Weigert's man was a half-step faster. In many cases, Carr has been pummelled from both sides, not just one tackler. In the Tennessee game, Salaam allowed the sacks that led to the fumbles. I think that to say he has been a serviceable tackle is giving him too much credit. I had fears when I researched his time at Jacksonville, and so far he has proven himself to be everything he was in Jacksonville, where he was gutted from the team for allowing some really heinous sacks on BL. Does this sound familiar? He's doing the same thing in Houston. Sorry, man, but I completely disagree. The weak tackles, especially the LT spot, just as in every other year, is a big part of the reason the Texans do not have a winning season, and this year with Salaam is no different.

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news653080

The Titans added depth along the offensive line, agreeing to terms with with former Texans tackle Seth Wand Monday.

The Tennessean reports the team placed wide receiver David Givens on injured reserve to make room for Wand.

The former third-round pick of the Texans worked out for the Titans last week after Daniel Loper went down with a spleen injury. Loper will miss the rest of the season.

Wand started 18 games for the Texans.

Guess it's too late to get Wand. He's signed on.

Back