Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Shock Eagles & Football World

Trade'06pick said:
26 - 16

Come on Philly fan, talk to me.

what really sucked, was McNabb reinjuring that sports hernia....... poor guy he's going to miss most of the season again.

TEXANRED said:
Can you believe Gaffney fumbled out of the end-zone again?

He also had a pass that bounced off his head, which was picked off by D-rob and returned it for a TD. Crazy huh?:cool:

What was surprising about that game were all the well-mannered and polite Eagle fans in attendance. And people said they were classless.

The big shocker came in the 3rd quarter, on 3rd and long the Eagles ran a dive play that left many fans shocked, only to find out later the play was mis-read because Andy Reid's play card was covered in barbecue sauce and powdered sugar. Someone give that man a handi-wipe.

JackDizzle said:
The big shocker came in the 3rd quarter, on 3rd and long the Eagles ran a dive play that left many fans shocked, only to find out later the play was mis-read because Andy Reid's play card was covered in barbecue sauce and powdered sugar. Someone give that man a handi-wipe.
I heard different. I heard his play card was soaked in Philly Cheese steak grease and he was reading the other side of the card.

TEXANRED said:
Can you believe Gaffney fumbled out of the end-zone again?

HOU-TEX said:
He also had a pass that bounced off his head, which was picked off by D-rob and returned it for a TD. Crazy huh?:cool:

That's pretty amazing seeing how he didn't make the team.

I don't think the Texans beating the Eagles would be a shock at all. Definitely not like opening the season winning at Miami in 2003.

hahahahah

Im liking this. Especially the barbeque sauce and powdered sugar references :p

However, Dawkins will not be juked by anyone on the Texans...with perhaps the exception of Reggie Bush.

Oh...wait... :P

Game day is going to be fun for sure. I can hardly wait to get the season under way. And now with Donte, I cant wait to see McNabb heaving 80 yard bombs to a wide open receiver...10 yards past Dunta :D

Ill make sure to visit during the game :)

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
I think I saw Donovan McNabb dry heaving in the huddle when the Eagles were down in the 4th quarter.

Ewwww he spewed - It was 'Chunky soup' looking too.... :francis:

Well actually Mcnabb didn't play in the game, they accidentally gave a jersey to Sir Fredrick Douglas. They saw he had the same hairdo as Mcnabb and thought that was him.

Hulk75 said:
my guy it will be 28 Texans 17 Eagles Something around that, you guys are OVERrated.

Heh...just about every analyst with the exception of 1 or 2 have us finishing dead last in the NFC east, and say we will be lucky to finish 8-8.

The Vegas over/under on the Eagles is 8.5, on which I wagered a hefty sum when I was out there in May.

And now that we have Donte'? Im wagering on a 10-11 win season.

Next year, I would book 12 again. We have a lot of our starters hemmed up, with the exception of about 3. This is going to be an interesting year for us...shutting all of the critics up, but next year...its going to be amazing, I promise you that :D

El Tejano said:
Well actually Mcnabb didn't play in the game, they accidentally gave a jersey to Sir Fredrick Douglas. They saw he had the same hairdo as Mcnabb and thought that was him.
He got knighted?

thunderkyss said:
I understand..... I'm relaxed..........

but it looks like Pinkston and gaffney won't be wearing green & white in '06.

Probably not

Gaffney really came up small for us so far :(

I dont know what the issue is...if he was having trouble picking up the WCO, or if it was terminology...or what...he just seemed invisible.

TexansLucky13 said:
Don't quit your day job.

Dont worry...I didnt wager enough to retire on.

Just enough to have a very exciting few weeks :p

But, for an average schmoe like me, it is a hefty sum. If I had more money, I would have bet it in a heartbeat. With McNabb healthy, there is no way the Eagles dont win at least 9.

Aside from the good game, I was slightly dissapointed in Texans fans after they Boo'ed a special appearance from Santa Claus.

PhillyFan said:
Dont worry...I didnt wager enough to retire on.

Just enough to have a very exciting few weeks :p

But, for an average schmoe like me, it is a hefty sum. If I had more money, I would have bet it in a heartbeat. With McNabb healthy, there is no way the Eagles dont win at least 9.

I would like to thank you for contributing to the fine city of Las Vegas. It's people like you who built it, hehe. :stirpot:

TexansLucky13 said:
My point exactly. Sorry PhillyFan, you are part of the majority when it comes to Vegas patrons.

I will make sure to send you a pm in January, whilst I spend my winnings :D

Our Texans need to watch out for the Eagles new special teams player named Papale. This kid is so good I had to pay to go watch his training camp highlights.

Some of you guys are being too generous. The Texans scoring more than 25 points (points by the offense and not by the defense or short field position) on Sept. 10 would be a great accomplishment.

Honestly, I would rather have the Texans score more than 30 and lose than win a 14-10 game. If the offense can start scoring serious points on a regular basis, I think the defense will be hold up it's end of the bargain to not get outscored for the most part of the season.

I think the Texans offense is going struggle against the Eagles considering what I have seen in the preseason, particularly the passing game. If the Texans score more than 25 it will be probably be because of turnovers by the Eagles.

Let's remember one thing, the problem the Texans have had since day one, is scoring points. We haven't seen anything yet that has changed to think otherwise.

hollywood_texan said:
Let's remember one thing, the problem the Texans have had since day one, is scoring points.

Being last or second to last in nearly every defensive category last year was a pretty big problem as well.

gwallaia said:
Las Vegas was not built by winners. Las Vegas was built by losers.
When I go to Vegas I don't view it as losing but contributing to the economy.

That's also how I view my speeding tickets. I don't think of them as fines but ensuring the police department continues to have funds to employ officers that keep us safe.:bananasplit:

Guys before you go taking jabs at the Eagles lets please remember. They didn't have T.O. before going on all those playoff runs. They have one of the most agressive blitzing packages we may see all year. With the problems we have had the past few seasons protecting Carr I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves. If our RBs arn't stopping the blitz consistantly we will lose.

I just respect their Defense, and McNabb way too much to assume we will win this game. I think our best chance to win this game is to get off to a good start. Which basicly means David cannot play like he did in Denver an expect to win. The best thing we have going for us is its a home game.

If I have to give a score right now: Philly 24 Texans 17

Well, I'me a little superstitious so I am taking the wife to her third game. The first two were Oakland two years ago and Arizona last year. She's undefeated, so you cling to anything you can these days! Go Texans!

eagle.randall said:
There will be enough of us here, it won't be that big of a deal.

Its a heck of a lot better then being stuck playing the Eagles at thier stadium as our opening game. Pffft that would be a lot to ask.

RiotCommander said:
Its a heck of a lot better then being stuck playing the Eagles at thier stadium as our opening game. Pffft that would be a lot to ask.

Actually, that would probably be better for you.

In the last several years, the Eagles are not notoriously known for winning their first game of the season at home.

As a matter of fact, we usually get schlacked :p

Well I guess some people around here cannot handle a little truth. I just got neg rep for my posts. I guess I'm not drinking enough Kool-Aid.

hollywood_texan said:
Honestly, I would rather have the Texans score more than 30 and lose than win a 14-10 game.

xtruroyaltyx said:
get...outta...town...

My thought is long term. If the offense can score 30 points or more on a regular basis, the defense should be able to handle the rest over the long haul.

Winning games consistently at 14-10 is tough.

NRowl said:
Being last or second to last in nearly every defensive category last year was a pretty big problem as well.

My point was the offense has not done really anything in the first 4 years.

The defense at times has played well in the first 4 years and the problems with last season should be fixed this year for the most part.

The defense will be much improved this year. We can already see that in preseason.

My concern is with the offense. Particularly, the passing game.

Also, consider the offense last year didn't do the defense any favors because they couldn't hold onto the ball.

PhillyFan said:
In the last several years, the Eagles are not notoriously known for winning their first game of the season at home.

As a matter of fact, we usually get schlacked :p

Not known for winning the season opener period--4 of the last 5 years loses.

hollywood_texan said:
My point was the offense has not done really anything in the first 4 years.

The defense at times has played well in the first 4 years and the problems with last season should be fixed this year for the most part.

The defense will be much improved this year. We can already see that in preseason.

My concern is with the offense. Particularly, the passing game.

Also, consider the offense last year didn't do the defense any favors because they couldn't hold onto the ball.

Mine too! I think the best challenge is going to be early in game 2 against Indy. On the other hand Mcnabb will too.

infantrycak said:
Not known for winning the season opener period--4 of the last 5 years loses.

Yep...we have been known to start slow.

However, when you look at our opponents for opening day, there is good reason to also say that our competition was excellent.

But we still stank it up...ever since the opening game against Dallas. And we probably could have pulled out Atlanta last year, if Trotter wasnt ejected for BS.

PhillyFan said:
Yep...we have been known to start slow.

However, when you look at our opponents for opening day, there is good reason to also say that our competition was excellent.

But we still stank it up...ever since the opening game against Dallas. And we probably could have pulled out Atlanta last year, if Trotter wasnt ejected for BS.

Yeah. You have to give kudos to the Falcons for the ousting of Trotter. That was very smart on their part. They went and did their job... and it worked. Smart coaching.

Back