Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

we dont have the draft capital to land Evans...so no idea why Tank would change his number...especially that early in the process...wait till he gets here and buys it from you...dont just give it up before talk even begin....
He was interviewed this morning and said that he wanted to change his number to the number that he wore in high school. I thought a while back, I found it he wore number one in high school. Maybe he wore more than one number through his high school career.

He was interviewed this morning and said that he wanted to change his number to the number that he wore in high school. I thought a while back, I found it he wore number one in high school. Maybe he wore more than one number through his high school career.
1 was with Coogs, have no idea about high school...perhaps he did wear 3 and thus the move would make perfect sense...now if Nico changes his to 1 we could still have a 713 connection...lmao

Howard did not at practice this morning. His hand swelled up and he has been placed on IR. This soon after Howard's type of surgery, like any limb injury................it needs to be elevated.........wearing a heavy club which he mostly let dangle was very predictable of undue swelling and setback. As I predicted in trying hit the opener, haste makes waste.
Did Ryans retain the old trainers and medical staff?

Did Ryans retain the old trainers and medical staff?
Yes at least for strength and conditioning side

Eubanks and his staff are still here and has been since 2019

Some of his staff has had minor tweaks but it's mostly the same

I believe I saw when Demeco was hired that all those parts of staff were being retained. Which isn't altogether surprising as coaches usually don't have "their guys" for those types of jobs. In fact those parts of staff and the coaching teams often clash within orgs.

IMO, he's a piece to a squad that will be a contender. We're in rebuilding mode and I'd like to see an infusion of youth that can grow with the team to be at it's peak. Evans is 30 and still an extremely reliable WR who I see more as a possession and red zone type of threat at this stage of his career. I envision 2 more years of good productivity and then a steep drop off. I'm also against using draft capital 3rd round or above to acquire older vets on expiring contracts. I want to see this team draft and develop it's future especially since we know we're probably in for a bumpy ride at least this year.
I wonder if Evans see Houston as rebuilding if he is on roster? Our oline when healthy protecting Stroud who seemingly continues as very accurate could entice Evans.

Trainers and most of the medical staff.
Ryans has nothing to do with the hiring of those positions.
There has been no formal public announcement, but Dr. Lowe is no longer the Texans head team physician.
Makes sense. Same old results as far as injured players are concerned. Sigh.

I'm on vacation and won't be able to watch the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the game day thread.

I wonder if Evans see Houston as rebuilding if he is on roster? Our oline when healthy protecting Stroud who seemingly continues as very accurate could entice Evans.

Why would we want Evans though?

We aren’t a piece away from a Super Bowl. He is going to demand a high price to trade for and then their is his contract.

Draft a rookie next year. Have a cheap rookie contract.

Let’s get to the playoffs first with Stroud before spending the bank for a top WR. Especially when you can draft one next year. Not as good as Evans, but not as expensive on trade and contract.

We aren’t a piece away from a Super Bowl. He is going to demand a high price to trade for and then their is his contract.

Let’s get to the playoffs first with Stroud before spending the bank for a top WR. Especially when you can draft one next year. Not as good as Evans, but not as expensive on trade and contract.

I saw where ESPN projected a trade for Evans that would cost the receiving team a 2024 and 2025 RD3. Considering TB doesn’t want to spend the money to retain his services, they’ll be happy to get something versus getting nothing if he walks in free agency.

Evans would be great for Stroud, and the Texans could still target another WR with the Browns pick in 2024. Let’s say the Browns shite the bed this season and the Texans find themselves in a position to pick WR- Marvin Harrison Jr, how nice would it be to have Harrison, Evans, Dell, and Metchie? Evans would be a solid successful NFL veteran in the WR room.

Last edited:
I saw where ESPN projected a trade for Evans that would cost the receiving team a 2024 and 2025 RD3. Considering TB doesn’t want to spend the money to retain his services, they’ll be happy to get something versus getting nothing if he walks in free agency.

Evans would be great for Stroud, and the Texans could still target another WR with the Browns pick in 2024. Let’s say the Browns shite the bed this season and the Texans find themselves in a position to pick WR- Marvin Harrison Jr, how nice would it be to have Harrison, Evans, Dell, and Metchie? Evans would be a solid successful NFL veteran in the WR room.
I would rather sign Higgins in FA and draft Bowers if MHJ isn't there with the Browns pick. Then I rade back into the 1st for the best speed wise receiver available.

I bring in a superstar whether we are one player a way or not. We are building a team that possibly competes this season for play offs. Giving JC a 1,000 yarder of Evans size and skill set is a no brainer. I expect him to extend but if he free agents after 23 TB gets at best a 5th round comp.

Another seat filler to go with Stroud and Area 51 should be easy sell to Hannah.

HEB would drool...

I would begin with both our round 4s this year IF Evans agrees to re-working his cap hit for '23 into an extension.

I bring in a superstar whether we are one player a way or not. We are building a team that possibly competes this season for play offs. Giving JC a 1,000 yarder of Evans size and skill set is a no brainer. I expect him to extend but if he free agents after 23 TB gets at best a 5th round comp.

Another seat filler to go with Stroud and Area 51 should be easy sell to Hannah.

HEB would drool...

Agree to disagree.

Trade our round 2 for T Higgy now and round 4s for Evans. That would open more eyes than trading up for 1.3.
If only other teams would agree to this. I'm on board. Add those 2 guys and draft Bowers to pair with Schultz and this offense would be as good as Stroud can take th

No game day thread today? I'm excited enough about the upcoming season that I'm actually going to wear my Texans gear today for the first time in 3-4 years.

No game day thread today? I'm excited enough about the upcoming season that I'm actually going to wear my Texans gear today for the first time in 3-4 years.
There's a game day thread - Texans vs Ravens. Need to look for it? Several members had trouble finding it last week.

Not point at all. Just came across this and shared it with you good people.
I would say, no way Stroud should’ve had that many attempts. Should’ve been a more balanced attack.
I agree about the imbalance between the run and pass. Although they were stuffing our RB's and I remember thinking during the game that with the run game not working, we needed to go more with the passing game. They did.

No point at all. Just came across this and shared it with you good people.
I would say, no way Stroud should’ve had that many attempts. Should’ve been a more balanced attack.
This is the kind of thing I hoped the coaching staff would have worked through before drafting a QB.

Didn't look as bad as it could have been. Maybe they can work it out. Fingers crossed.

Was just browsing BSPN, and noticed there are a ton of injuries and several being season ending....Im wondering if the wussification of society and the game isnt a reason for this. Limited preseason games, limited practices, limited practices in pads...what happened to the days of 2 a days?? These CBA agreements where they practice less and are in shorts and jerseys all the time.....just seems like its causing more injuries vs their intention of preventing injuries.
I dont recall there being this many injuries, especially season ending injuries back before all of this was limited and frowned upon....IS IT JUST ME???

Was just browsing BSPN, and noticed there are a ton of injuries and several being season ending....Im wondering if the wussification of society and the game isnt a reason for this. Limited preseason games, limited practices, limited practices in pads...what happened to the days of 2 a days?? These CBA agreements where they practice less and are in shorts and jerseys all the time.....just seems like its causing more injuries vs their intention of preventing injuries.
I dont recall there being this many injuries, especially season ending injuries back before all of this was limited and frowned upon....IS IT JUST ME???

@CloakNNNdagger

No it’s not just you, I’ve been saying this for a few years.

No, not just you. I've wondered the same. However, players are also bigger. But I still like the wussification theory.

No, not just you. I've wondered the same. However, players are also bigger. But I still like the wussification theory.
yeah I get the "they are bigger and faster" blah blah blah...but they are playing against guys like them...that are just as big and just as fast...they didnt get breaks while in college...they still had to practice hard in the offseason...they should be used to that by the time they get to the NFL and it being the next step...it should get harder..not easier...
But thats just my opinion...

Can anyone tell me what they are trying to convey with this visual?

F5vsXb3bkAAS5_3

Last edited:
Back