Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan's picks to be announced from space

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
As part of the NFL's efforts to attract viewers for the entirety of the NFL draft, the Houston Texans' picks on the third day will be made from outer space.

Per Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk, astronauts currently aboard the International Space Station will announce the Texans' draft choices in Rounds 4 through 7 on Saturday.

The Oakland Raiders are also getting in on the gimmick, setting up shop in Las Vegas for the third day of the draft to announce their picks from their future home, per Clark County Commission chair Steve Sisolak.

Jags will be announcing their picks from London as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...raft-choices-to-be-announced-from-outer-space

Not anything major, just sharing....

Yeah, well, yall have to admit, outer space beings making the Texans picks explains a lot.

Reactions: ROO
When I saw the thread title I assumed it was referring to what is between Rick Smith's ears...

Reactions: ROO
With our luck due to the gimmick we'll end up missing a pick or missing out on a player because the ding-dongs in our front office won't be able to get a revised pick up to the Astronaut in time. There will be some kind of hang up and it will cost us. That's how we roll. Somebody will fall to us and Rick, Bob, and/or Bill will want to make a change on the fly and we'll end up being laughed at when we stumble.

Need to change my avatar to Eeyore for the night.

One good thing though, is that our later round picks will actually be announced instead of just scrolling by on the ticker...might even get immediate commentary on all our picks.

Maybe it's their way of compensating for always going to commercial before our first round selection.

At this point I think not having the commercial before our pick would feel kind of weird.

Back