Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans news- running backs

our rb and db situation scare me. rb especially because salton is all we have. hope chris brown breaks the free agent curse, HOPE

Don't mind seeing Chris Brown there tbh, chuck him in the mix until he goes down to save Slaton/whoever else's legs for later in the season, seemed to work out with Ahman last year.

Slaton is our speed and hopefully Brown and Foster can provide power and take some carries off Steve. I want one more speed back and Moats may be that guy. I think JJ's true speed is going to be closer to 4.5 than over 4.6 and he likes the one cut and go offense. It is hard to ignore that his lowest avg in 4 years in college was 6.1.

I've never really been high on Moats, I think you can find plenty of backs just like him by scanning through other team's camp cuts, so I hope one of our UDFAs beat him out....really there's nothing special about the guy.

I've never really been high on Moats, I think you can find plenty of backs just like him by scanning through other team's camp cuts, so I hope one of our UDFAs beat him out....really there's nothing special about the guy.
I've posted that I have yet to see him to do anything much on our roster but feed back I have received is I don't know what I'm talking about. I hope he is great. I hope all of them are and we choose he best.

I've posted that I have yet to see him to do anything much on our roster but feed back I have received is I don't know what I'm talking about. I hope he is great. I hope all of them are and we choose he best.

You're preaching to the choir, but for some reason he's a fan favorite here. The guy really didn't do anything for us last year.

Sorry, but when you only put up the #s he did and the only thing you have in front of you is a 1st year player and absolutely no depth behind you, that's not very good. Darius Walker was a better back in the time he got here and he was cut....Moats is easily replaceable on this roster.

I'd like to see Jeremiah Johnson step on and take on the backup role/change of pace (if Chris Brown can't stay healthy) with Arian Foster getting the short yardage/goal line carries. I'd also still want this team to keep an eye on camp cuts in the coming weeks and add another back if they think he could help before the season starts.

Last edited:
Back