Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Mock Challenge

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Using this draft board, predict the Texans selections. They have picks #2, #12, #33, #65, #73, #101, #133, #174, #186, #191, #192, #215.
Conditions.
You cannot reach more than 2 spots with #2.
No more than 3 with #12 (up 2)
4 with #33 (up 3)
5 with #65, #73 (4)
The rest must be reasonable.
This challenge is designed to get an idea of how us fans lean and show how difficult it can be to fit your perceived needs within the scope of a full draft - that is where the challenge comes in!
This consensus draft may or may not perfectly match the way the Texans selection panel see player grades but is the most consistent possible. For criteria, read the top paragraph above the position tiles.
Team needs in order of priority:-
QB, ED, DL, WR, C, IOL, S, RB, TE
You don't have to follow the needs strictly, but can offer your explanations, e.g., Free agency selections, waiting for next draft and trades.

Last edited:
2. Jalen Carter DT, Georgia
12. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
33. Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M
65. Zach Harrison, DE, Ohio State
73. Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
101. Cameron Latu TE, Alabama
133. Kieon White DE/DT, Georgia Tech
174. Jay Ward, S LSU
186. Kendre Miller RB TCU
191. Dallas Gant LB Toledo
192. Keondre Coburn DT Texas
215.McClendon Curtis IOL Chattanooga

174. Jay Ward, S LSU

I would trade up from 101 to 84 and pick Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State.

This adds speed to the team and strengthens the OL/DL.

Last edited:
174. Jay Ward, S LSU
How did you find that site? It is supposed to be a consensus board.

002. Jalen Carter, DT
012. Devon Witherspoon, CB
033. Andre Carter, DE
065. Darnell Washington, TE
073. Hendon Hooker, QB
101. Olusegun Oluwatimi, C
133. Will McDonald IV, OLB
174. Steve Avila, OG
191. Eric Gray, RB
192. Charlie Jones, WR
215. Stetson Bennett, QB

listen, nobody know's where Hooker will get drafted coming off acl, for some reason I'm carrying the medical red flag banner, prefer to take them off the board, at least until later but 3rd rd. starts to become attractive. Also not this high on Jalen Carter (in my mock, traded down with Colts and took him) regardless he would be a foundation piece for the defense, both Witherspoon, Andre Carter and Will McDonald would transform (DeMeco's) defense. Offensively, there are some late round picks that must hit. Bennett would be farther along than Hooker and ready to go as they both compete for reps, imagine Mills is the incumbent starter going into year 3. Legit IOL starting potential at Center and OG. Tackles set with Tunsil and Howard (resigned 5th year option). Pick up a veteran free agent WR or two if Texans trade Cook otherwise resign Moore and add another rookie, Charlie Jones is a slot receiver to fill niche Cook vacated. Eric Gray is electric in space out of the backfield, 2022 he played in 12 games and ran for an elite 1372 yards on 212 carries for an elite average of 6.5 ypc, with 11 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he had 34 receptions for an elite 238 yards.

No trades. Tried to stay with BPA, but leaned towards players I liked. I missed out on the Center I wanted because I would have went outside of the parameters listed above. I would have had to reach to far for the Center based on the board, and the picks we have.

2 - Jalen Carter DL | Georgia
12 - Quentin Johnston WR | TCU
33 - Isaiah Foskey EDGE | Notre Dame
65 - Cody Mauch OT | North Dakota State
73 - Jordan Battle S | Alabama
104 - Jack Campbell LB | Iowa
138 - Dontayvion Wicks WR | Virginia
188 - Andrei Iosivas WR | Princeton
201 - Israel Abanikanda RB | Pittsburgh
203 - Braeden Daniels IOL | Utah
207 - Elijah Higgins WR | Stanford (converting him to a TE)
239 - Jake Haener QB | Fresno State

No trades. Tried to stay with BPA, but leaned towards players I liked. I missed out on the Center I wanted because I would have went outside of the parameters listed above. I would have had to reach to far for the Center based on the board, and the picks we have.

2 - Jalen Carter DL | Georgia
12 - Quentin Johnston WR | TCU
33 - Isaiah Foskey EDGE | Notre Dame
65 - Cody Mauch OT | North Dakota State
73 - Jordan Battle S | Alabama
104 - Jack Campbell LB | Iowa
138 - Dontayvion Wicks WR | Virginia
188 - Andrei Iosivas WR | Princeton
201 - Israel Abanikanda RB | Pittsburgh
203 - Braeden Daniels IOL | Utah
207 - Elijah Higgins WR | Stanford (converting him to a TE)
239 - Jake Haener QB | Fresno State

Nice work! If Haener lasts until the 7th I'll eat my hat :tiphat:
Carter makes more sense now with DeMeco penciled in as next HC.
Quentin reminds me of Burks last year and its not as deep of WR draft class but would consider it anyway.
swap Mauch with Foskey, so many teams need to do better job protecting their franchise.
Battle is nice pairing with Petrie
DeMeco would do wonders with Campbell
Good pair of receivers too!

Was going to do my own mock but going to be hard to beat other than moving Haener up to early 5th rd.....

Reactions: JB
Nice work! If Haener lasts until the 7th I'll eat my hat :tiphat:
Carter makes more sense now with DeMeco penciled in as next HC.
Quentin reminds me of Burks last year and its not as deep of WR draft class but would consider it anyway.
swap Mauch with Foskey, so many teams need to do better job protecting their franchise.
Battle is nice pairing with Petrie
DeMeco would do wonders with Campbell
Good pair of receivers too!

Was going to do my own mock but going to be hard to beat other than moving Haener up to early 5th rd.....
I started watching the QB's in the 5th, but the way the draft was going, I never had to worry about getting one I wanted. When I took Haener, Tune and Duggan were still on the board, and they were listed above Haener.

I started watching the QB's in the 5th, but the way the draft was going, I never had to worry about getting one I wanted. When I took Haener, Tune and Duggan were still on the board, and they were listed above Haener.
Not sure, which site yo are gauging prospect availability?
I subscribe to PFF and they have O’Connell ranked #138 & Haener #140 on their big board and mock generator follows that fairly close. Both those prospects are there for Texans to choose early 5th #138. Then a huge gap to next pick #203. Not including compensatory picks yet to be added.

Last edited:
Not sure, which site are you gauging picks?
I subscribe to PFF and they have O’Connell ranked #138 & Haener #140 on their big board and mock generator follows that fairly close. Both those prospects are there for Texans to choose early 5th #138. Then a huge gap to next pick #203. Not including supplemental picks yet to be added.
I used the one linked in the OP of this thread.

2023 NFL User Mock Draft #1128237 | NFL Mock Draft Database

Using this draft board, predict the Texans selections. They have picks #2, #12, #33, #65, #73, #101, #133, #174, #186, #191, #192, #215.
Conditions.
You cannot reach more than 2 spots with #2.
No more than 3 with #12 (up 2)
4 with #33 (up 3)
5 with #65, #73 (4)
The rest must be reasonable.
This challenge is designed to get an idea of how us fans lean and show how difficult it can be to fit your perceived needs within the scope of a full draft - that is where the challenge comes in!
This consensus draft may or may not perfectly match the way the Texans selection panel see player grades but is the most consistent possible. For criteria, read the top paragraph above the position tiles.
Team needs in order of priority:-
QB, ED, DL, WR, C, IOL, S, RB, TE
You don't have to follow the needs strictly, but can offer your explanations, e.g., Free agency selections, waiting for next draft and trades.
Just hitting this one up for the Consensus Draft board in the link.
It is a homologation of numerous nationally syndicated draft boards and should represent the most accurate ranking for the candidates.
This however does not guarantee how individual NFL teams rank them.

Back