Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans looking for payback Sunday

This is all fine and dandy...but the players better be focused on more than just revenge...or it just might make for a very long and record breaking day!

hey if this helps them get motivated and lights a fire under thier A** than i'm all for it, marcus coleman sounded to me like he didnt really care what happened. I say let Jammal Lord play :bguitar:

yes i like him as well, always makes big plays when in the games, the int against the titans last season, and the game saving one this year ! i like both better than coleman !

philly kept their starters in the game against green bay and kept throwing too. indy only did it because that is how their offense is.. if the texans didn't want indy throwing, they should have put an extra person back into coverage, and the colts would have then ran the ball. they choose their plays based on what manning sees in the defense he's facing. they kept manning and company in because dungy felt the texans had a good offense and had a chance of coming back. that should be a compliment, but instead, the texans players and fans took it as an insult.

Make "Pay-a-Ton" wait another week to break the TD record and along with a win would be wonderful for a payback.

PlanoColt said:
philly kept their starters in the game against green bay and kept throwing too. indy only did it because that is how their offense is.. if the texans didn't want indy throwing, they should have put an extra person back into coverage, and the colts would have then ran the ball. they choose their plays based on what manning sees in the defense he's facing. they kept manning and company in because dungy felt the texans had a good offense and had a chance of coming back. that should be a compliment, but instead, the texans players and fans took it as an insult.

ok ok ok OK we understand, listen manning and the colts are GOD and cant possibly do anything wrong, WE know so can we get off the subject. Plus the Colts were just doing what the colts do best, so can we not drop this already. I love my team (Texans) but if they did not wanna get blown out they should of done something about it. How can they be mad at the colts, just because they couldnt stop them ?!?!?!?

I dont understand why he isnt our starter to be honest.. I mean the guy is young.. only been in the league 4 years.

Over his career.. his stats have been..

2001 - 34 Tackles, 13 Assists, 1 Sack, 1 interception, 1 pass defenced, 2 forced fumbles
2002 - 56 tackles, 15 assists, 1 Sack, 6 interceptions, 5 passes defenced
2003 - 38 tackles, 18 assists, 1 interception, 3 passes defenced, 1 forced fumble

I mean.. has he shown something in camp that makes us reluctant to start him? It looks like has has had rookie growing pains but has been coming along just fine. McRee is the most experienced FS on our team.. and he has the makings of a good one it seems to me.

This week I saw a Steelers team that refused to lose, even that sorry a&& team up in N. Texas refused to lose last night.
Our team quit against the Jets IMHO. Paybacks? revenge against the Colts? Yeah, right. I think we Texan fans were more upset about the Colts game than most of our players. I saw more heart in this team the last two years than I have seen this year. Big comeback against the Titans? Please........we should never have been behind by 18 points in the first place. I wouldn't be so disappointed if I weren't a fan so all you bandwaggoner accusers save your breath. There comes a point when Capers and Casserlys explanations wear a little thin. Not expecting playoffs, never did, not expecting a winning season, never did. I also didn't expect to see this team regress either. We will see Sunday.

:soapbox:

I would like to see you guys stop Manning (1) short of the record this week, and I am colts fan. Without barbing at you, I would like to see manning break the record at home on Sunday night against Baltimore. One other thing I see a lot of Texans fans down on your team on these boards. Your team isn't near as bad as some act like they are. Your a good team at home and I hope Mr. Dungy has us prepared for our trip to reliant. I know that was focused on in the post game show after tennessee, last year we had the same opportunity to wrap up the division in Houston. You guys almost got us then, and have a great opportunity Sunday. Good luck!......and please stop the we need to physically hurt peyton talk.

cuppacoffee said:
Our team quit against the Jets IMHO. Paybacks? revenge against the Colts? Yeah, right. I think we Texan fans were more upset about the Colts game than most of our players.

Unfortunately, I agree with this statement. I hope our team changes our minds on Sunday, but I'm a bit pessimistic at the moment about our chances.

Sure, "any given Sunday" and all that jazz, but the Colts are a freakin' awesome team this year, while our team is getting their hearts questioned every week (or should that be "weak"?).

the only payback the Texans should be thinking about is paying back some of that money Bob McNair spent on them for the miserable performance in the first Colts game. That was 'Highway Robbery' by a supposedly professional football team.

Sorry, but I think the Colts come out firing and by halftime the Texans are going to be 'going through the motions' yet again.

We will be LUCKY if Manning decides to hold off on breaking the record so he can do so for his hometown team the following week.

i hope the players dont get too caught up in this during game time, because that can be detramental. im hoping they come focused, because i want the first colts game i see live to be a good one. obviously i want to see him break the record, but not in blowout fashion.

im done with the debate on right or wrong, but i know the best thing for your team is to forget what happened last time

Back