Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans / Lamar Jackson SI article

There are reasons why no team has tried to negotiate with him.

Great player, but let's be honest, he's specialized and you need a specific type of team around him. And when he goes down, like the past two seasons, there is literally no backup QB that could come close to filling his role.

In addition, he wants too much money guaranteed and the compensation to the Ravens is much to high when your cap is being abused by his salary demands.

I laugh at the talking heads that whine about "collusion" when the reality is so obvious.

Lamar needs an agent and a wake up call. His ego is clouding his judgement.

There are reasons why no team has tried to negotiate with him.

Great player, but let's be honest, he's specialized and you need a specific type of team around him. And when he goes down, like the past two seasons, there is literally no backup QB that could come close to filling his role.

In addition, he wants too much money guaranteed and the compensation to the Ravens is much to high when your cap is being abused by his salary demands.

I laugh at the talking heads that whine about "collusion" when the reality is so obvious.

Lamar needs an agent and a wake up call. His ego is clouding his judgement.
Just don’t refer him to Tunsil as a potential agent.

Or... he sees the same thing they're seeing & wants to cash in. May be his last contract.

More power to him.

But an honest analysis would reveal that he could have cashed in two years ago with an extension and would already be playing two seasons for a lot more money than he did.

Those are two seasons he will never get back.

And ultimately it takes two to tango. He can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first. It's just not smart business.

End if article says that after both denied he was acting on LJ's behalf, Jackson posted the guy is his business partner.

Not saying I am supporting the idea, but could a Lamar Jackson signing be a precursor to the Texans drafting Anthony Richardson? Build a Specific offense around Jackson for the next two years while Richardson aclimates to the NFL, and then unleash the beast when he and the team are poised to do damage.

Just a thought...

Not saying I am supporting the idea, but could a Lamar Jackson signing be a precursor to the Texans drafting Anthony Richardson? Build a Specific offense around Jackson for the next two years while Richardson aclimates to the NFL, and then unleash the beast when he and the team are poised to do damage.

Just a thought...

Why would Jackson wanna go somewhere where the plan is to immediately draft his replacement in the first round to be supplanted after year 2?

Why would Jackson wanna go somewhere where the plan is to immediately draft his replacement in the first round to be supplanted after year 2?

Money that he currently isn't being offered? A chance to cash in and play elsewhere in an attempt to renegotiate with a new team for the contract he wants? Reasons....

It's been mentioned here and elsewhere that perhaps Jackson would want to use the Texans as a springboard to a better contract. So why not?

Money that he currently isn't being offered. A chance to cash in and play elsewhere in an attempt to renegotiate with a new team for the contract he wants? Reasons....

It's been mentioned here and elsewhere that perhaps Jackson would want to use the Texans as a springboard to a better contract. So why not?
Why give up 2 round 1 picks and ~$50M per year?

Ken Francis is reportedly a home fitness inventor who has been contacting NFL teams on the Ravens QB's behalf.

I hate to say this, but with Lamar's business decisions he'll be broke in a matter of no time. Another tragic tell of a broke athlete..

I hope those that truly care about him can talk some damn sense into him. What the hell was that? 😳 People don't travel with dumbbells to work out, at least not enough people to have a hell's snowball chance of even breaking even.

Last edited:

I hate to say this, but with Lamar's business decisions he'll be broke in a matter of no time. Another tragic tell of a broke athlete..

I hope those that truly care about him can talk some damn sense into him. What the hell was that? 😳 People don't travel with dumbbells to work out, at least not enough people to have a hell's snowball chance of even breaking even.

The person, I presume, who cares the most about him is his mother. apparently much of his career/business advice, both football and sponsorships has come directly from her. I am repeating rumors that I have seen or heard various places.

First off, it's Dan Orlovsky, he blabbers a lot of nonsense. Second off, way too expensive. I don't like this move (thankfully it's just more of his bs), or any of the top QB's in this draft. I am happy to build through the draft and get a QB next year, stock up on as many picks between now and then and address all of the weak spots. Build for the long haul.

I don't have that answer. It's not my idea to make the trade, I am only filling in the blanks with speculation should the rumors of Jackson to the Texans be true.

The rumors will never come to fruition so the exercise is pointless.

The person, I presume, who cares the most about him is his mother. apparently much of his career/business advice, both football and sponsorships has come directly from her. I am repeating rumors that I have seen or heard various places.

Someone needs to talk to his Mother then. The total gym was invented 50 years ago and is better than this product. That thing looks like something someone created trying to repurpose a storage unit they bought.

Also given his style of play his value is only going to decrease. Teams don't want to fully guarantee a QB with that style of play.. it's too risky.

I personally have zero interest in this move. And while I don't know for sure...I strongly suspect the Texans don't either.
I have zero interest because Jackson is demanding a fully guaranteed contract, similar to the one Watson got, and he's injury prone. Those injuries don't go away. They leave scar tissue and weakened tissue/joints. They heal but they don't get as good as pre-injury. They accumulate and create compensatory injuries. Jackson made the most of his opportunities in years 1-3. The last two years have been injury plagued. Cam Newton played as well as he did, for as long as he did, because he's a spectacular physical specimen. Jackson? Not so much. He doesn't have the physical size to take the pounding that Newton did.
I'll take my chances with a rookie this year or next year.

Texans have made insanely stupid trades before. I think I can mentally handle Young or Stroud coming to the Texans, but not this. Not even my miswired brain could understand this.

Texans have made insanely stupid trades before. I think I can mentally handle Young or Stroud coming to the Texans, but not this. Not even my miswired brain could understand this.
So it’s probably going to happen.

Lamar has lost his ever loving mind. The Ravens will want more than 2 First Round picks for him. No one is signing him right now with his contract demands and only having to give up 2 1st round picks. He actually believes a team is willing to give up more AND pay his demands? Cleveland and Watson really messed up Lamar's critical thinking skills.

Lamar has lost his ever loving mind. The Ravens will want more than 2 First Round picks for him. No one is signing him right now with his contract demands and only having to give up 2 1st round picks. He actually believes a team is willing to give up more AND pay his demands? Cleveland and Watson really messed up Lamar's critical thinking skills.
Why is Lamar in the wrong here? He is absolutely correct in thinking he should get the same if not more than the pervert.

Trade won't happen until next year when the Ravens run out of time and options & some team will get desperate..like they always do & meet his asking price. But this is a sad state of affairs for the kid. Allen got 150 guaranteed, Herbert & Burrow both are likely set to get more than that.......Burrow you understand, but he's taken his team further in the playoffs than both Herbert and Allen have..(so far) & He's also a former MVP. Ravens imo are being jerks. We also don't know what his asking price is...or at least i haven't heard what it is & how far off the Ravens previous deal was from what he is asking for besides the fully guaranteed part of his request.

Look for Dallas, Seattle or some other team that's been in qb purgatory for a few years to make a play for him at the deadline this year or FA next year. Dallas in particular..this is the type of splash signing Jerry would love to pull off after the Dakota Prescott experiment is over..which they/he have an out for after the 2023 season.

per draftsharks has low risk of injury in 2023 [if you buy that]. I have tried to come up with a trade and contract Ravens and Jackson would accept but I just cannot. I know he is a phenomenal athlete but I don't accept draftsharks odds.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in LJ. Guy quit on his teammmates last season and can’t stay healthy or be anything other than average the past 2 seasons. He’s had ONE great year four years ago and people still talk about him like he’s that player and not the one we’ve seen the past 2 seasons

couldn’t agree more. If it’s possible to have less than a zero interest, put me in that camp. Negative 10,000,000 interest ought to do it. I don’t like one single thing about Lamar.

And no Watson didn’t reset the market, he merely found the stupidest owners on the planet and put his fangs into them sort of like a leach. And now he will bleed them dry. Lesson is don’t let one man’s leach be our leach. And 31 other owners agree so far. Ravens can franchise tag him or he can sit out a year. And he is probably dumb enough to do it.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in LJ. Guy quit on his teammmates last season and can’t stay healthy or be anything other than average the past 2 seasons. He’s had ONE great year four years ago and people still talk about him like he’s that player and not the one we’ve seen the past 2 seasons

Ducktales

Just because one person pays 60 grand for a 30 grand car doesn't mean other people are dumb enough to do so
TBF that’s the way they’ve played the game since the inception of the salary cap. Now they want to change the rules?

I agree, the Browns screwed things for the next few years. LJ may have to be the sacrificial lamb to get things “right” again.

TBF that’s the way they’ve played the game since the inception of the salary cap. Now they want to change the rules?

I agree, the Browns screwed things for the next few years. LJ may have to be the sacrificial lamb to get things “right” again.

To also be fair it's not like the rules don't change from time to time and there's nothing carved in stone anywhere that says they always are going to change in the players favor. LJ is hardly a sacrificial lamb here. He's just the guy who was on-deck when previous guy got grossly over paid with a foolish contract. Lamar thinking that somebody else in the NFL is going to be stupid enough to do something like what Cleveland did with Watson is naive at best. That lamb is still going to get paid a great deal of money to play football for a few more years.

To also be fair it's not like the rules don't change from time to time and there's nothing carved in stone anywhere that says they always are going to change in the players favor. LJ is hardly a sacrificial lamb here. He's just the guy who was on-deck when previous guy got grossly over paid with a foolish contract. Lamar thinking that somebody else in the NFL is going to be stupid enough to do something like what Cleveland did with Watson is naive at best. That lamb is still going to get paid a great deal of money to play football for a few more years.

The lamb could escalate sacrifice with the Wolf (David Mulugheta).

Its going to be interesting to see how the Bengals and Brown handle Burrow and how the Chargers handle Herbert. What happens with those guys will be the tell-tell in how "united" the owners supposedly are against establishing the new precedence of long term fully guaranteed contracts...That in turn will also speak to the level of collusion owners have against Lamar right now.

Burrow could easily decide to push for the same type of fully guaranteed contract that DW4 got considering what he's done in the league and for that franchise thus far. But Mike Brown is a notoriously cheap owner and already has had a past beef with a franchise qb in Carson Palmer that saw that dude threaten retirement just to get out of there. My guess is that if Burrow came out and wanted a 4-5 year 200 million guaranteed contract, you'd have owners falling over themselves trying to give it to him. Same for Herbert. So at the end of the day this new narrative about them trying to prevent precedence....easy to do that with 1 guy whom you can kinda nitpick at like Lamar.

The Ravens have lost all cred imo. If you don't want to pay the guy what he thinks he's worth, Don't hide behind the franchise tags....which are designed to look like these orgs are trying to work with the player & want them back etc. etc.......but really they're just a way to try to strong arm said player into signing contracts they don't want to sign. The tags in general also indirectly discourage teams from wanting to potentially sign these guys b/c of the hefty draft capital attached to them. So all the people talking about teams apparently not wanting to sign him b/c they haven't shown any interest need to factor that in..

The Ravens by using the NE franchise tag are acting like wishy wash ass boyfriend/girlfriends...
"I like you & we can be friends with benefits but if you want to see other people that's cool too".......but then when you start feeling someone else.....It's "but wait.....I thought.."

Back