Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans interested in QB Skelton?

JWarren14

Beer Me
ESPN NFL Rumors:

Update: Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch had a gem for us on Sunday in his article breaking down this year's QB draft crop. John Skelton's uncle Javier Loya is a minority owner in the Houston Texans. The Texans could use a developmental QB behind Matt Schaub and Dan Orlovsky, yes?
Interestingly enough, the NFP QB draft prospect rankings have Skelton at No. 4, behind Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen and Tim Tebow. That chip on Colt McCoy's shoulder is getting bigger by the day.

Todd McShay:

He'll probably go in the fifth

"Skelton is a big, strong-armed quarterback but he struggles with accuracy and rubbed his college coaches the wrong way at times, though enough teams like his potential for him to come off the board somewhere in the fifth round."

Not sure this is a big need, but a 5th-6th may be worth a look.

I posted earlier in the season that this would be the year to draft a QB to groom, though at the time I was saying it would be Colt to do that with since at that time Colt was rated as a 4th or 5th round QB.

So all being said, I wouldn't mind drafting a good quality QB now so that you don't have to play him and you can just groom him. Heck, he may even take Orlovsky's job. The only thing I don't like about it is that, to me, this draft is too important for this upcoming year. We need to have an awesome draft if we want playoffs next year and drafting a QB right now just seems like we are waisting a pick.

So because of his uncle the Texans are interested? I don't think so. Plus, Skelton's stock is ascending and will probably be gone by the 5-6 round.

So because of his uncle the Texans are interested? I don't think so. Plus, Skelton's stock is ascending and will probably be gone by the 5-6 round.

Could we be interested, and since his Uncle is part of the franchise be a little more interested. There is no way in hell we will draft a guy solely because he is related to the staff, but behind Schaub there is some uncertainty and finding a young QB not named Alex Brink may be something we look into.

If for some reason he is there in the 5th would you take him?

Could we be interested, and since his Uncle is part of the franchise be a little more interested. There is no way in hell we will draft a guy solely because he is related to the staff, but behind Schaub there is some uncertainty and finding a young QB not named Alex Brink may be something we look into.

Well I was looking to pick up a kicker in this draft, but since we already got Rackers, now we have some room for that.

Possibly, but it all depends how they feel about DanO. They paid him a decent chunk of change to back up Schaub. I think Kubiak and Co plan on pluggin Dan in at #2, otherwise, why is he still here with no cap to take the hit?

In the end, it wouldn't bother me taking a late round flyer on a QB. I just thought making the assumption he's a possibility due to his uncle being here was kinda nutty.

I thought Loya was the minority owner that had the spotlight put on him before last season and ended up selling his shares back to McNair? Don't remember what he was being focused on or if the same guy.

I thought Loya was the minority owner that had the spotlight put on him before last season and ended up selling his shares back to McNair? Don't remember what he was being focused on or if the same guy.

That was Fertitta.

He had to give up his shares because he owns the Gold Nugget

1. The Texans have NEVER had any sort of nepotism right? No buddy-buddy hires? No long lost friends son playing the OL? Come on.

2. DanO got punked by Rex "****ing" Grossman last year.

3. We absolutely need something happening behind Schaub.

I would not mind if the Texans draft a project QB but only if other voids are filled before the 5th or 6th rounds of course. By the time Matt is done he should be ready to start also, he would be a nice trade peice to a team looking for a QB to groom.

Back