Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Fan Christmas Wish........

CaptainPatriot

Waterboy
Carr doesn't have it! EXAMPLE: When the game last week was on the line.On that 3rd and 3 with about 5 minutes to go in the 4th against the DIVISON LEADERS. He froze!! Like deer in head lights! Carr could have run for the 1st down but he just stayed still and got sacked. People keep saying he needs more time. We will be saying that for the rest of his contract! (I Don't want to hear it. Eli did pretty good for only his 5th game against 1 of the best defenses in the league.)
HERE IS THE CHRISTMAS WISH:1st Trade or Release David Carr. Bring in Jon Kitna from Cincy. Look at what he did last yr on a BAD Team.With the freed up money from Carr go and get the 2 offensive Linemen from the Colts I think they are free agents after this season. Only 9 sacks givin up on Payton all yr!Colts can't afford them now with Peyton and Harrison contracts :thud: Plus that would take care of those darn false starts like the 5 from last week! Same as the 1st yr. Also heard Capers on 610 talking about because of the false start they had to go on 1st count. What is that! You are at home. How can you have 5 false starts at home? :um:

Whether Carr is the ultimate answer or not Kitna isn't going to be it. They had the 2nd easiest schedule as far as wins and losses last season. Kitna doesn't have the arm strength to utilize a weapon like Johnson. Not that Carr is making use of his downfield ability either.

It was obvious watching Carr today that when he HAS time in the pocket, he can make things happen.
I'd like to see him behind Indy's line to see what he fully could do.

I didn't see the play last week that CaptainPatriot is talking about. However, I am going to blindly stand up for the kid. I've been a Carr fan since I watched one of the Fresno games his senior season so I'm biased towards him. Even with that said, maybe he didn't try to run because he was looking downfield for a receiver to get open and didn't see he could run for the first down (I didn't see the play so I don't know). It's not like he ran around in panic while making a stupid mistake. Eli did have a good game, but he is also on a team that isn't an expansion team. Same with Roethlisberger (he's doing great as a rookie but his experienced team takes some pressure off). Are you going to say that Joe Montana wasn't the answer when he took a sack late in a game instead of running and making something happen or the same with every other hall of fame QB. You may have the luxury of having a once in a lifetime winner like Brady (let's through him in the same situation and see how great he does), but I'll take the leadership and toughness from Carr just as well.

LiveForTheGame said:
I didn't see the play last week that CaptainPatriot is talking about. However, I am going to blindly stand up for the kid. I've been a Carr fan since I watched one of the Fresno games his senior season so I'm biased towards him. Even with that said, maybe he didn't try to run because he was looking downfield for a receiver to get open and didn't see he could run for the first down (I didn't see the play so I don't know). It's not like he ran around in panic while making a stupid mistake. Eli did have a good game, but he is also on a team that isn't an expansion team. Same with Roethlisberger (he's doing great as a rookie but his experienced team takes some pressure off). Are you going to say that Joe Montana wasn't the answer when he took a sack late in a game instead of running and making something happen or the same with every other hall of fame QB. You may have the luxury of having a once in a lifetime winner like Brady (let's through him in the same situation and see how great he does), but I'll take the leadership and toughness from Carr just as well.

I saw Favre make a bad low pass today into the end zone from about the 10 yard line or so for an incompletion, when he could have run for at least 6 or so easily on a 3rd and 3 play. They even missed the field goal after that. Even the best of them make that mistake.

I think Carr will come into his own next season. Like someone else said even hof qb's mess up. I mean look at Bradshaw, he stunk in his early years only to run over the Oilers on the way to the super bowl 4 times. Aikman's early years were horrible, until he had his supporting cast. Carr is learning that he can't do it off of just his God given talent, and that he has to have role players and people that want to earn their paycheck(as if they really deserve tha much anyways) every freakin game. So I like Carr and although I think all of them are overpaid I still love them Texans!
God!
Family!
Country!
Texans!!!

LiveForTheGame said:

Right now for Carr. When the game is on the line he doesn't have it. Last yr or this yr. He can't read defenses and he doesn't trust his O Line. Montana and Brady jusy have it. They know how to move the football late in the game.Brady is 1 of the toughest QB`s out there. There are alot of times Brady will wait till the last minute to make a throw and knowing he will take a hit by a blitzing LB. Be put on his back only knowing the pass was completed because of the roar of the crowd! That makes the O line play harder! Montana and Brady make it look so easy on last drives of the game. It is very hard! There is nothing special about the PATS O Line. They are very disiplined and have big hearts! I keep hoping that Carr will eventually get the so called "IT". I think what will make it easier for him. Is to look for the TE more like he did his rookie yr. Look for Andre inside the red zone and just trow it up there 9 out of 10 time s he will come down with it. No way Andre should only have 5 TD`S !!! :confused: This week against JAGS will be a great test for Carr on the road. Go TEXANS!!

CaptainPatriot said:
Carr doesn't have it! EXAMPLE: When the game last week was on the line.On that 3rd and 3 with about 5 minutes to go in the 4th against the DIVISON LEADERS. He froze!! Like deer in head lights! Carr could have run for the 1st down but he just stayed still and got sacked. People keep saying he needs more time. We will be saying that for the rest of his contract! (I Don't want to hear it. Eli did pretty good for only his 5th game against 1 of the best defenses in the league.)
HERE IS THE CHRISTMAS WISH:1st Trade or Release David Carr. Bring in Jon Kitna from Cincy. Look at what he did last yr on a BAD Team.With the freed up money from Carr go and get the 2 offensive Linemen from the Colts I think they are free agents after this season. Only 9 sacks givin up on Payton all yr!Colts can't afford them now with Peyton and Harrison contracts :thud: Plus that would take care of those darn false starts like the 5 from last week! Same as the 1st yr. Also heard Capers on 610 talking about because of the false start they had to go on 1st count. What is that! You are at home. How can you have 5 false starts at home? :um:

r you pats guys everywhere?

CaptainPatriot said:
Captain Patriot...congratulations. After reading many, many posts on this board, you finally posted the most decisively *****IC post EVER. DROP/TRADE Carr and acquire KITNA. Okay...besides the fact that the best substantiated argument would have involved Brees (after this season's performance) anyone that doesn't think Carr is the right QB for the Texans is a pure *****. Why don't you just start a petition for us to get Ryan Leaf out of retirement. Ooo...and trade our 1st round pick for Ron Dayne.
Better yet...maybe Snyder should buy out McNair so he can clean house every year. Dumb is funny and you're a comedian. Oh yeah...and move Mutombo to the 2.

Drugs are bad....mmmkay.

Back