Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Close the Deal for Schaub: confirmed by NFLNetwork

maybe... but im more of the believe that he saw carr's physical talent and thought he would be able to fix his mental flaws(to do that you need more than a year). but im through with carr now as is this team and now im a schaub homer. watch out once you start critizing him cause im gonna be after you just like with carr.:dance2:

Just my personal opinion, but I don't ever think Kubiak "really" deep down inside had as much confidence in David as he showed in the media and in public...

Think about the Titans game and every other game that David played poorly...

I think the only reason David stayed in the starting line-up is because Kubiak knew that's the only way he'd be able to make Carr sink or swim....Even if Sage comes in and is mediocre or slightly better than David there'd still be cries from the Carr Supporters(Which of whom McNair is the biggest member) to give him another year...

ALAS NO MORE...THE TIME HAS COME TO RID OURSELVES OF THIS PLAUGE WE CALL CARR.

No offense to Carr the man, father, husband, brother or son...

So they are trading pick 8, trading second rd picks this yr and next??? for pick 10 and schaub? isn't that a bit much. We could move up and get peterson or russel for that (if carr is going to oakland)

GD it ! read the freakin' links. We swap from our current 8 into Atlanta's 12. We give up a pair of twoes. One in "07 and one in '08.

Or a Vince Young fan than some.... It's a bad deal. It's a panic move by a staff in a corner. Hope it works out there Vinny. I stand by everything I've posted. We'll see how long this euphiria last there Vinny. I'm not happy about another five year plan, that's for sure. There's only so many restarts in the bag before we reach Tampa Bay Status. I would of been better if they held their water. Atlanta just got rich with a way out from under Vick. We got hosed from my prespective. Maybe that makes me less of a fan ?

if you dont agree with the deal, that is totally cool. i think it was too pricey myself (as presently detailed errr rumored). I just think we should all give this guy even half the patience we have ALL shown towards Carr. Just wait till the end of the 07 season to lay into Schaub. If you want to criticize the deal, fine. Just give the guy a few games before we start criticizing the player himself.

if you want the deal to fail to somehow show that it wasn't Carr's fault, then that would definitely make you less of a Texans fan. I don't think that is the case though, I think it was just how I perceived your words which were walking the line.

What do you mean this gives us the opportunity to start up all new QB BS :)

Exactly...

All the "Carr lovers" have officially, yet unofically become "Schaub haters" and Vice versa...

It will never end untill Schaub comes out and lights it up an shuts their mouths...

But we won't get NEAR what we gave up, even if we trade Carr. I like that we're moving forward here... but this all seems to pricey to me.

FWIW, if you look at the draft pick values... Matt Schaub is the equivalent of the 14th overall pick with this trade. I don't know if I'm buying that.

*cross fingers* I guess we'll see what happens.

All I am trying to say is....Its not like teams were bending themselves over backwards to get Schaub...he hasnt proven much yet....and I know to get reward you need to take risks....BUT....everybody on here always talks trading down cause we need more picks and everyone bashes the idea of trading UP to potentially get a super star....yet when we make a trade and give up a bunch...they seem to be fine with it...The price just seems pretty steep for a QB of Schaubs nature...it doesnt seem as tho there was a bidding war going on for the guy either...The sting will go away if we can muster up a 3rd/and or a player for Carr.

Man I can't wait for the draft!!!!!!

Whoo! I finally feel good about our GM and coach. :yahoo:

Man the guys on Sirius LOVES this for the texans. The talk is that Schaub has leadership abilities. JUST what we need on the field.

Sorry, but Carr was NOT a leader.

What I saw from him on the field when Vick got injured impressed me alot. Posed, concentrated, alert and taking command of the game, if he can do half of what he did in a Falcons jersey, I'll be HAPPY with this trade.

Actually, I have a feeling he'll do all of this, so I'm already happy :)

Celebrating this with drinky drinky already! :)

Exactly...

All the "Carr lovers" have officially, yet unofically become "Schaub haters" and Vice versa...

It will never end untill Schaub comes out and lights it up an shuts their mouths...
Most of them have California IP's or are related to Carr....don't worry, we won't see a ton of these guys soon. They were never Texans fans...just Carr fans.

Matthew Rutledge Schaub (pronounced sch-aob) (born June 25, 1981 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) is an American football quarterback who is currently a quarterback for the Houston Texans. He played quarterback at West Chester East High School, and he went on to attend The University of Virginia where he owns virtually every school passing record.

Schaub was drafted by the Falcons with the 90th overall choice in the third round of the 2004 NFL draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Schaub
Check this out. Its already in Wikipedia !

considering I almost got a spot on the boxing olympic team......yeah I can run at least 10 yards without running out of breath.........

yay...you're in shape...and so you can memorize a playbook, throw a football 60 yards, can avoid a 260 pound guy going full speed at you, etc etc? I guess you can show up at the Texans training camp and end this QB search nonsense, where have you been, Rick and and Gary have been waiting for you...:)

anyways, back to the thread...

I ... as a Texan fan now have renewed HOPE for the future .

Pete do you think Brady or Manning can break a 5.0 in the 40 .

The most important tool a QB can have is his brain not his feet .

this HAS to mean they have something in place to move carr to oakland or somewhere else. they lose all leverage the moment schaub agrees to that deal.

IMHO--i like the deal. the two this year is OK, and they have likely done their homework enough that they are confident that they will get a player they want at 10. the two next year stings a bit, but it's almost a move you have to make. hopefully carr can net that three back. we'll see...i think you have to get something back for carr to make up for losing the 2 this and next year.

This trade is very exciting, albeit very pricey, but hopefully it remains pricey and never turns costly. I know very little about schaub other than he is thought very highly of around the league. I hate losing 2 second round picks because its my favorite round, since it still has lots of recognizable names and theres tons of talent and you never really know who youll get unlike the first. I think Atlanta will still take landy at #8 by the way, i could be wrong. I would love to get him myself, but if we do, I firmly believe we need to spend anything pick we get for carr and maybe our other 3rd and 4th on O-linemen. I dont want there to be any excuses for Schaub not to succeed (we have at least above avg. talent around him on offense as of now with Green, Johnson, and Daniels). NOTE: we are no longer dealing with Carr who we all knew was durable and could take hits. No one knows how durable Schaub is, and if he gets injured early in his tenure as a texan, I will place the blame squarly on the FO and it will in my mind become the worst mistake in Texan FO history...you CANT make the same mistake twice PLEASE

This deal is terrible........We give up picks like the Washington Redskins. We need draft picks.....I am not a fan of Kolb but I would much rather see us draft him for a 4th or sit tight with an experienced vet. We dont have to fix every position in one year. Schuab is a 3rd round pick from Virginia. He has not done anything in college or the NFL. I would rather get a QB that has at least done something in college.

I am officially praying for San Antonio to get a team because this organization is broke. Good luck to you all!

Or a Vince Young fan than some.... It's a bad deal. It's a panic move by a staff in a corner. Hope it works out there Vinny. I stand by everything I've posted. We'll see how long this euphiria last there Vinny. I'm not happy about another five year plan, that's for sure. There's only so many restarts in the bag before we reach Tampa Bay Status. I would of been better if they held their water. Atlanta just got rich with a way out from under Vick. We got hosed from my prespective. Maybe that makes me less of a fan ?

Is this the same plan we or the Titans were going to have to be on because VY couldn't learn the offense and needed 3 years to learn and watch?The guy has been a backup and has played in the NFL. It isn't a rookie move. I'm starting to think...strike that, I knew all along... people were more concerned that Carr stay and prove doubters wrong than the Texans, as a team, move forward and make some headway. I never like giving up picks but if we are near or in the playoffs in 2 years with this guy then I'm a happy camper. We already have sat through 5 below .500, head beating on the wall seasons. Everyone complains to let the coaches coach..well Kubes knows QBs so this is something we have to trust them on.

Yet again the front office pees on us and tells us its raining!

Geez! 2 - 2nd round picks for a guy that cant even start on his own team

ouch. the guy is playing behind Vick and his HUGE contract. lets give the guy at least one game behind Center for the Texans...please

Geez! 2 - 2nd round picks for a guy that cant even start on his own team

That's friggin ridiculous--he is sitting behind a $100 mil QB who also rushes for 1000 yds. Not that I like Vick but it is absurd to not look at the situation in front and just dismiss him as a backup. Its not like Sage who has sat behind illustrious QB's like Tony Banks, Jay Fiedler and Carr.

guys.. we did NOT give up that many picks. We are talking TWO picks here.. our 2nd this year and our 2nd next year.

Assuming that we would have spent a draft pick on a QB (and we would have) then really we are only out one pick.

And we still have Carr to trade.

So what they are saying is that Schaub is better than Quinn? Or that maybe we never really had a chance at getting Quinn and that since obviously out of here, they needed a QB better than Sage, which Schaub clearly is. Or are they bringing in Schaub to compete with Carr if no deal can be made with the Raiders

Stay tuned..... same Bat Time.....Same Bat channel.

guys.. we did NOT give up that many picks. We are talking TWO picks here.. our 2nd this year and our 2nd next year.

Assuming that we would have spent a draft pick on a QB (and we would have) then really we are only out one pick.

Good Take Grid, we will obviously get something for Carr and hopefully it will fill at least one of the 2nd round voids. Although this team still needs drafted talent.

Goes to show how little faith Kubes had in Sage, while a good portion of people were crying to start him. & don't give me the "Sage is still in the mix to start...." excuse b/c for what the texans are allegedly giving up, Schaub is definitely coming here to be the starter.

Other than that, i'm happy for us & let's see what the kid has.

ouch. the guy is playing behind Vick and his HUGE contract. lets give the guy at least one game behind Center for the Texans...please

See i agree with you but i still dont feel someone even if playing behind vick is worth two 2nd round picks and a swap of our first. hes a backup for crying out loud, but i will give him a chance just feel bad for the guy cause my expectations for him are going to be very high, haha.

I ... as a Texan fan now have renewed HOPE for the future .

Pete do you think Brady or Manning can break a 5.0 in the 40 .

The most important tool a QB can have is his brain not his feet .
'

he gets it...its all about what is upstairs...has been that way ever since the advent of the forward pass

I don't know if we have "Schaub Haters" as much as people thinking that Schaub isn't worth the price tag. Just my two cents.

It feels like Saddam Hussein was toppled in here! Is there a statue to pull down of Carr?

Lets just not put up that "Mission Accomplished" banner yet.....we all know how that turned out.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell happened to building through the draft!

2 2nd round picks - TERRIBLE

I COMPLETELY agree.

I mean....the freaking ONLY player we have on our team to show for the second round is RYANS, (off the top of my head).

This stinks like A.J. Feely & Rob Johnson. A back-up with little/no experience. I mean....VOLEK whinned cause he wasn't starting...(and CARR-HATERS on here were talking about him in 2004 for the Texans). I think Volek is now selling knives or encyclopedias, right!?

Ugh.

And we're dropping 2 slots AND 2 picks of the 2nd round.
Was this reported on Channel 2 at 2:00?
Two too many twos!

The next time we ask our QB to sprint 40 yards downfield will be the first. Schaubs 40 time is of no concern to me, and obviously not a concern of Kubiaks.

This deal is terrible........We give up picks like the Washington Redskins. We need draft picks.....I am not a fan of Kolb but I would much rather see us draft him for a 4th or sit tight with an experienced vet. We dont have to fix every position in one year. Schuab is a 3rd round pick from Virginia. He has not done anything in college or the NFL. I would rather get a QB that has at least done something in college.

I am officially praying for San Antonio to get a team because this organization is broke. Good luck to you all!

dont let the door hit you in your 17 posts arse....

goodbye and good riddance

Then why not wait until next year when the kid is an unrestricted free agent?

Swapping firsts and giving them 2 second rounders is way too steep of a price for him....

If the price is swapping first rounders and second rounders this year and next year I don't think that price is too high if you are going to get an above average QB. After all it is only a couple of spots this year and if we improve because of the trade it will probably be a small change next year too.

Whether Schaub is or could be an above average QB is another question.
I guess that is something we can only truly tell once he is with the Texans and has played in our system for a while.

I love how everybody is just using the worst trade scenario. Between all the media outlets I don't think anybody knows what was involved in the trade...so untill we know for certian lets all take a shot of whiskey and pretend that we are working.

Now that is insight strait from the book of logic written by Charlie Casserly:drool:
J/K

I mentioned befre the end of the season that I'd like to see the Texans go after Schaub, and it was stated at the time that the price would likely be too high, which I could understand. Now, I am happy.

Sure, the deal might be expensive, but Schaub is the best unproven commodity the team could have gone after. I would much rather have Schaub than Plummer, Garcia, Huard, Quinn, Kolb, Stanton, or any of the host of names that were thrown out there. I've watched Schaub play a couple times and while he isn't as athletic as Carr, I think he has what it takes upstairs to be a starting QB. Now, if the Texans offer him the same protection they have for Carr the last several years, we'll see similar results, but I am optimistic in that regard as well.

What concerns me the most is dropping from the 8th pick to 10. We lose Landry and any shot at Peterson falling...

if you dont agree with the deal, that is totally cool. i think it was too pricey myself (as presently detailed errr rumored). I just think we should all give this guy even half the patience we have ALL shown towards Carr. Just wait till the end of the 07 season to lay into Schaub. If you want to criticize the deal, fine. Just give the guy a few games before we start criticizing the player himself.

if you want the deal to fail to somehow show that it wasn't Carr's fault, then that would definitely make you less of a Texans fan. I don't think that is the case though, I think it was just how I perceived your words which were walking the line.

Agreed: I want be banging the guy for sure. I'm just angry over the "deal". Not the QB change. It'd be nice for once in our history if one of the block busters worked out for us. Maybe this is the one. So far they haven't.

It will show the function of the over all tallent...and the over evaluation of that tallent on this board as the flawed deal it was. You wanna say it was all DC...OK.

Wanna throw rocks...fine. We're going to see in spades the next three years. And as I've posted, it will be the same jokers as before who'll jump the shark, not me.

I've had my say....will see next who your usual suspects are.

This is a CRAP trade

How is Schaub worth more than a guy like Kevin Kolb, or any other mid draft QB? Because he has played in a few NFL games with mixed results? He has proved NOTHING! WTF?! Carr and 1 second round pick would be pushing it... maybe a second and 4th but 2 second round picks is total crap.

They are leaving open WAY to many "ifs." QB and RB are an the back of an expensive gamble, and promise from a broken down RB which we are paying millions hoping he still has gas in the tank.

I have nothing against the dude... I'd love to have him... but not for all we are supposedly giving up

So they are trading pick 8, trading second rd picks this yr and next??? for pick 10 and schaub? isn't that a bit much. We could move up and get peterson or russel for that (if carr is going to oakland)

GD it ! read the freakin' links. We swap from our current 8 into Atlanta's 12. We give up a pair of twoes. One in "07 and one in '08.

Man... you're the one that needs to work on his reading... what he said is exactly correct, and you were off by approximately two.

Back