Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Chargers: Gameday Thread

is anyone else wondering why we went and got a backup qb from another team for draft picks when we had a better candidate already on the roster? Why won't they give Sage a chance? Is this going to be another David Carr deal where the bigger contract has to play?

And Sage gets a first down :pirate:

Well, at this point...Norv is backing his players off us.

I think it's safe to say that the hounds have been called off.

Seriously. If you think Sage is just instantly the magic man in this sorts of situations....

Two straight weeks of two opposing coaches who are being gracious, IMO.

Wow. 35-3. What happened to this team? So much promise in the first three games (even though we lost the in the Indy game, it wasn't that bad).

I think that's the problem. People remember almost beating Indy without looking at almost losing to Miami except for a 57 yard FG. Same with last year. The team looked lousy in many, many games - but the Indy victory at the end of the year is used to set the level of where the team is at. It wasn't the level - it was an outlying data point.

is anyone else wondering why we went and got a backup qb from another team for draft picks when we had a better candidate already on the roster? Why won't they give Sage a chance? Is this going to be another David Carr deal where the bigger contract has to play?

It was stupid to play Matt Schaub this week anyway. He was considered "very beat up" going into this game. Then we play him and he throws 2 INTs and we take him out? What kind of dumb **** is that? Why even play him if you planned on taking him out if he didn't play well. What the hell kind of decision is that. Kubiak is starting to look kind of bad to me in his personell(sp?) decisions.

Well, at this point...Norv is backing his players off us.

I think it's safe to say that the hounds have been called off.

Seriously. If you think Sage is just instantly the magic man in this sorts of situations....

Two straight weeks of two opposing coaches who are being gracious, IMO.

I thought you were going to the park with your wife and kid?

I might wonder why they pay a high price for QBs and then don't even keep the best linemen they have on the team, much less invest in better lineman.

i think sage does better b/c he comes in when we need to throw and we throw long...but when schaub is in (earily in game) we run, run, short pass, punt

I'm giving it one more series. It hasn't been any fun to watch a game in weeks and it is a beautiful day outside. I am not even sure why I watch any more...

Thought it was kind of funny that as I wrote this I was away from the TV and came back to see that we had thrown an interception.

I stuck it out last week, but I am thinkng that I would rather have my wife just kick me in the balls right now than watch the rest of this game. At the end of the day I will feel the same, but will save two hours of my afternoon doing something else.

I don't know where this franchise goes from here. I have followed this team since day one and I am running out of reasons to care and can't seem to draw on any good memories from watching. The off-seasons are kind of fun and are full of hope, but following the team during the season is just painful.

I hope this team can regroup, but there is nothing about the history of this franchise that makes me think anything positive will happen. As I look at the QB who we gave up two second round picks get knocked out/ pulled for the third week in a row, it just makes me cringe to think that every talking head is saying "I told you so." Of course, the Titans won today and the QB that we kept (and signed to a three year extension) instead of picking up a homeotwn legend is back up to a 55 year old QB who has been back in the league 3 weeks after sitting on his old ass for over a year.

I will say that this team is better than we have been in the past and we have some missing peices to the puzzle. I don't know whether that makes me want to laugh or cry...but it seems like the perfect ending to this rant.

Heres to to keeping things in perspective...it is just a game. Take care.

You say that jokingly now but he probably will be gone soon. Seriously.

I said it earlier in this thread, and I most certainly meant it.

A good player like him deserves more than what McNair is putting around him.

This brings me back to my January 2007 statements of why McNair is not nearly the bestest owner in the NFL.

IMO, he's a business man who lines his pockets. We're the Clippers of the NFL. It's all about the dough.

The Colts were like $400,000 over the cap or something. Those guys spend everything and more to get what they need. Us? We make smoke-and-mirror moves that LOOK good to the fan...but it's all about the bottom line.

I seriously lost a piece of myself today. It's a day where I came a step closer to just giving up on this team. I have to see something from Bob. I have to see an owner who will sign his life away to get a ring.

We've sold ourselves out, coming back to this piece of junk every Sunday, and often with better attitudes than most other city's fans have for THEIR teams.

Bob, put it ALL out on the line. Show us you're not just trotting out a show pony of an NFL team.

..... no words discribe the crap I used listened too, i thought houston has a PRO team. I'll be happy if we can just make it close

we have some missing peices to the puzzle.

How do we expect to play the pass with these players playing? Von Hutchins an ex- CB that couldn't make it at that position STARTING FS, WTF? Faggins. Enough said about him. CC Brown. Give me a f'ing break. We picked up Demps and Boulware for what???? PLAY THE FOR GOD SAKES. WTF DID WE GET THEM FOR!!!

does Norv have LT on his fantasy team or something? Why is he risking him up by 32? i guess he knows the Texans won't retatiate for the Schaub incident because we have the "good guys".

I thought you were going to the park with your wife and kid?

I know. I know.

I am addicted. Had to rant a little more before I actually pulled the plug on this life-support.

Here we go. Powering down now...

...see you all soon....

How do we expect to play the pass with these players playing? Von Hutchins an ex- CB that couldn't make it at that position STARTING FS, WTF? Faggins. Enough said about him. CC Brown. Give me a f'ing break. We picked up Demps and Boulware for what???? PLAY THE FOR GOD SAKES. WTF DID WE GET THEM FOR!!!

I know I thought the same thing until I saw Boulware get some playing time and he sucks on Xbox too if you know what i mean. Dude can't cover anything.

That fricken Dierdorf is a clown. Schaub is clearly showing the effects of bad concussion, and he say's "there's a man who's struggling"?

The TV is going off in a minute.

Who will be coaching the team next year?

I don't think Kubes' "3 Yard passes and hand it to a crappy RB" offensive system is going to win any championships.

I'm off to play a game of Age of Empires. I'll check back in later today. I've lost interest.

I know I thought the same thing until I saw Boulware get some playing time and he sucks on Xbox too if you know what i mean. Dude can't cover anything.

Worse than HUTCHINS OR CC BROWN. I dont think so.

On top of that...our defensive play calling is horrible. You can't get much worse when you leave ANTONIO GATES WIDE OPEN. I can't tell if it was DeMeco's fault or a safety. If it was DeMeco our DC is stupid. Why put a LB on ANTONIO GATES. Our best run stopping linebacker at that.

Who will be coaching the team next year?

I don't think Kubes' "3 Yard passes and hand it to a crappy RB" offensive system is going to win any championships.

I'm not sure that will be the reason why but I somewhat agree with you. Him and his assistants are horrible when it comes to picking up players that will actually have an impact and actually playing those players.

Sorry. You're a center and you snap a ball OVER a kickers head? You've obvioulsy chosen the wrong vocation. You're fired. Bye.

You're a cornerback who makes a career of watching guys score touchdowns on your miserable coverage? Why don't you hang out with the ex special teams center in the unemployment line. You're fired too. Bye.

Maybe it's ME. But if I were on a defensive unit and you had a 25 point lead on MY team in the fist quarter and a member of YOUR team took a cheap shot on MY quarterback and took him out of the game. I shall make it my MISSION to collect as many yellow hankies and fines as possible in the remainder of that football game. My QB isn't part of the play and you took him out? I'm making it my mission to either kill or hospitalize someone before the end of that game. I would pay hefty fines with pride and wouldn't be happy unless I left that game either covered in the blood of one of their running backs or receivers, or listening to a member of the opposing teams offense whimpering in pain as they were carted off on stretchers.

Sorry. You're a center and you snap a ball OVER a kickers head? You've obvioulsy chosen the wrong vocation. You're fired. Bye.

You're a cornerback who makes a career of watching guys score touchdowns on your miserable coverage? Why don't you hang out with the ex special teams center in the unemployment line. You're fired too. Bye.

Maybe it's ME. But if I were on a defensive unit and you had a 25 point lead on MY team in the fist quarter and a member of YOUR team took a cheap shot on MY quarterback and took him out of the game. I shall make it my MISSION to collect as many yellow hankies and fines as possible in the remainder of that football game. My QB isn't part of the play and you took him out? I'm making it my mission to either kill or hospitalize someone before the end of that game. I would pay hefty fines with pride and wouldn't be happy unless I left that game either covered in the blood of one of their running backs or receivers, or listening to a member of the opposing teams offense whimpering in pain as they were carted off on stretchers.

Probably the best post I have ever read. Rep.

We should stop being a bunch of drama queens and either turn off the tv or realize that we're just not a very good team. This isn't Madden - you can't get pissed and hit the power button to avoid the lose. We're just not very good. Period, end of story.

That fricken Dierdorf is a clown. Schaub is clearly showing the effects of bad concussion, and he say's "there's a man who's struggling"?

The TV is going off in a minute.

Dierdorf was an ***** when he played so him STILL being stupid doesn't surprise me.

I agree with everything except for calling out Pittman, he's done a hell of a job as a long snapper and this is the first time he's made a bad snap since he became a Texan.

We should stop being a bunch of drama queens and either turn off the tv or realize that we're just not a very good team.

It's not only that we are a bad team. Our coaches are not preparing our team AT ALL. Not only that but they play guys who consistantly suck and allow the other team to make pee-wee plays on us.

The Texans are certainly doing their part to cheer up the residents of San Diego. This is Texas hospitality at its finest; I'm proud of our guys today.

The Texans are certainly doing their part to cheer up the residents of San Diego. This is Texas hospitality at its finest; I'm proud of our guys today.

I better hear either McNair or Kubiak say this after the game. If they were trying for anything other than this they need to sit down and seriously think about handing their jobs over. I don't think I can say enough times that our coaches did not prepare out team to play this game. The Chargers got like 2 or MAYBE 3 days of practice and they look way more prepared than we do.

Back