Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans at Broncos: Impressions

Hervoyel

BUENO!
I posted this in the game thread and I'm just going to cut and paste it here. Mostly I don't care about the second half of this game. A little of the 3rd quarter was significant but not much past that.

Here's what I thought looking at all of this:

Lewis Sanders couldn’t cover his own feet if you gave him a blanket

David Carr is still making “questionable” decisions.

I like this new defense. They come after people and keep coming after people.

Phillip Buchanon needs to earn a starting CB spot opposite Dunta but if he doesn’t then he’s a heck of nickel and he returns punts very well. If they hadn’t grabbed his face mask he’d have been gone.

Zach Weigert really hurt us with that pathetic attempt at stopping his man. That’s one sack. I find myself surprised that he’s the best option on the right side.

The defense really is much better this year.

Spencer’s hold was a disaster. Where is Wand?

TJ and Robaire aren’t exactly knocking me out. I’m wondering where Seth Payne is right now. I can’t believe he’s not one of the best two options at this position.

Do we really have 2 yards passing right now? Damn!

You can’t line up over the center on a FG attempt? You gotta be kidding me! Someday I’ll be watching the NFNFL (National Flag Nerf Football League). On the other hand why don’t’ the Texans know this? Could have been 3 but instead it’s 7. We better answer this.

Carr throws a pick. I swear I’ve been watching this boy play this position since 2002 and he’s the most snake-bit guy I’ve ever seen when it comes to deflected passes.

The offense today sucks terribly. The defense is the only thing working.

Carr, if judged by only this performance would have to be called a lousy QB based on everything I’ve seen up until this drive. This drive he’s looking ok.

That might be the only time in my life I ever hear anyone compare David Carr with Steve Young.

I’d almost forgotten what it was like to see a break go the Texans way. Lundy’s fumble was a nice “change of pace”. Too bad we couldn’t’ get the yardage.

Damn! David Carr is so stupid. Spiking the ball on 3rd down when you have almost 25 seconds. 3 points. That’s all they get is 3 points out of their best drive.

---------------------------------------
I will add that I am left wondering what Jake Plummer looked like at this time during his first season with Denver. I don't really know where to put David Carr right now. I don't know if he's behind the curve or on it for someone coming from a crap offense to this one. I want to know if Jake was making dumb decisions in his first year at Denver like I see David making right now. Overall I'm less than impressed with Carr's progress in this system but I'm not one to put too much emphasis on the preseason. I think people who do just don't understand what they're seeing.

I am nervous though.

I'd also like to add that I'm not too terribly surprised by our offense looking predictable tonight. Denver is the one team in the league that's going to know what they're seeing when we line up across from them. I suspect we're doing something to try and hide that but I think we're not at our best right now. Conversely I'd say our defense did a good job tonight because their coaches know pretty much what they're seeing when they line up against Denver.

I'm sure the Texans know the lining up over the center rule. I've seen it called a few times in the preseason. Old habits more like than the coaching staff not being aware. Still, you can shade the center and it was pretty close to being legit.

I'm not going to make excuses for Carr. He still makes dumb mistakes. However, you can't compare him in the system to where Plummer was in his first year in Denver. The entire Houston offense is learning the new system while Plummer had a playoff team around him. That being said, he's got to step up and make plays. Watch Plummer with a quick rush and he gets rid of the ball to a receiver in a hearbeat.

I have been supporting the Carr decision but this game makes ya wonder how much he is going to improve.

Im not giving up on him yet, but I hope this game tape fixes some of his issues.

First impressions:

First team D held up very well. I still don't like some of our defensive playcalls.

Ryans is going to be a baller.

Carr made a bad mistake or two -- forced the ball on that INT and took a sack that was clearly his fault -- but he looked fine after the first few series. One of these games, he's going to come out hot instead of taking a quarter to get going.

Sage looked rough himself. Not that it will matter to the ditch-Carr-or-else bandwagon.

I used my new DVR to record the game, so I'll be rewatching it shortly.

Denver's an elite team and we hung right there with them to the final whistle, first and second/third teams. I saw pretty much the game I hoped to see in terms of the score. We have things to work on, but this was a good measure of where we really stood. I think we're pleasantly ahead of the curve, at this point. A lot of ground yet to cover, but we're definitely headed in the right direction.

Grid said:
I have been supporting the Carr decision but this game makes ya wonder how much he is going to improve.

Im not giving up on him yet, but I hope this game tape fixes some of his issues.
I don't think Carr makes that many bad decisions. It is more what he choses not to do. It seems like when given the option of throwing long or dumping off, he choses the short pass every time. At least that is my perception.

Overall I feel good about how our boys played tonight. Ryan, Mario, Owens, Lundy(other than the fumble) all played well. Our future looks bright.

Marshall Faulk is a Texans hater, and Marruchi gives the Texas team some respect.

Good game for the Texans first team, they showed some good character by keeping the team in the game when things were not going their way.

I like what I saw and I think The Texans as a team can learn a lot from this performance against a fine tuned Broncos team.

We kicked there hindside on Defense. Carr has to play more consistand. Too many penalties. Biggest problem on both sides, jumping off-sides.

Had some serious penalties on offense, I saw spencer jumping like popcorn.

Better to make these mistakes in the preseason at Mile High, than regular season.

Guys help me with some insight on the game, didn't get to see it, just followed ply by ply on nfl.com

1. The sack on carr, was it a blown assngmnt or did he pretty much run into the defender. On the int. was he hurried in the pocket or did he throw into tight coverage. Also, the fumble he had how did that come about.

2. Were the receiver's tightly covered in first couple of series or DC didn't have time to get them the ball. The 1st fg before halftime, what really happened in that series, did we try to throw into the endzone.

3. I could tell the D held their own, but did we have good pressure on plummer when he was trying to pass. Where the passes quick to avoid the sack or did he have time to take his pick to throw to.

Any info on certain aspects would be appreciated. Running game, kick\punt returns, DB's, anything really. thanks fellas.:cool:

I liked how we actually started to open things up on offense (sort of) with a few long passes. Andre should have caught that pass, but the pass to Moulds was just a little over thrown.

Demeco is going to be something special. It seemed like he had almost every tackle in the first half.

K.D. said:
Guys help me with some insight on the game, didn't get to see it, just followed ply by ply on nfl.com

1. The sack on carr, was it a blown assngmnt or did he pretty much run into the defender. On the int. was he hurried in the pocket or did he throw into tight coverage. Also, the fumble he had how did that come about.

Blown assignment by Weigart. Carr threw behind the receiver into very tight coverage.

2. Were the receiver's tightly covered in first couple of series or DC didn't have time to get them the ball. The 1st fg before halftime, what really happened in that series, did we try to throw into the endzone.

Carr thew the ball down field more but the DB's had tight coverage.

3. I could tell the D held their own, but did we have good pressure on plummer when he was trying to pass. Where the passes quick to avoid the sack or did he have time to take his pick to throw to.

Yes good pressure on Plummer IMO. D looked good for this stage of the season.

Any info on certain aspects would be appreciated. Running game, kick\punt returns, DB's, anything really. thanks fellas.:cool:

Hope this helps some.

Remember 2 years ago when Plummer was bootlegging out, and a defender came at him from the right side? He quickly moved the football to his left hand and tried to throw it. Needless to say, it went about half as far as it should have, way off course, and right into a DLs hands for an int.

I think its safe to say that both Carr and Plummer are prone to some "questionable" decisions, but with the right coaching, both should be fine.

Carr is just so much of a better athlete than Sage. His upside is much higher

LBC_Justin said:
I It seems like when given the option of throwing long or dumping off, he choses the short pass every time. At least that is my perception.

I think that MAY be correct. I also think that at halftime he was talked to about it, because all of a sudden the ball went down field in the third quarter. My only question having said that is, what were the plays called? If he was supposed to throw short....well that's what he did, but if there were supposed to be longer ones open and they were in fact open and then he chose to throw short, that's a whole different thing. It did look to me like he hesitated to just chuck the ball and was holding it to long. He tossed it down field 3 times in the 20+ range. One was caught by Moulds, one should have been caught by AJ and on was just a bit over thrown to Moulds. Need to do that 5-6 times a game IMO.

1. The sack was Zach Wiegert getting beat by a defender. Not much Carr could do about it. The Interception was a bad dumpoff by Carr that got tipped up by a defender, and then grabbed out of the air before it hit the ground by someone else. A bit of an unlucky play by Carr..but he didnt help himself with the throw.

2. Im not sure on coverage cause they didnt show it.. but i find it hard to believe that there wasnt an open guy anywhere for that long. I think Carr was having some confidence issues or something.

No we never went for the endzone.. And I dont think that was all Carr either. I think we made a conscious decision to take the 3 points and head to the lockerroom.

3. Our pressure was somewhere in between. We got enough pressure that he couldnt sit back comfortably..but not enough to really disrupt his passing and cause some turnovers. We did "good".. not "great".

Our running game didnt look as impressive against a real defense. They didnt look BAD mind you.. just not awesome. Lewis Sanders did a good job tonight I thought.. I think we will be alright at the #2 CB spot. Buchanan still looks great on punt returns. DeMeco Ryans was a beast out there... possible DROY if he keeps that up. Babin had a nice "almost sack" coming off the edge.. Plummer barely got the ball off, and it was incomplete.

Lots of mental mistakes on the line.. offsides, encroachment.. etc..etc..

Thoughts - Broncos came to play and we nearly beat them, if not for a borderline call (looked like shoulder, not helmet to me) on a rookie with that stupid new rule to "protect the snapper"

All the talk was Kubiak vs. Shanahan, when it ended up being DeMeco vs. Shanahan.

Carr and Sage looked about the same, despite what folks say.

1st team defense - seriously impressed. Wow. Got put in bad situations several times and kept stopping a Super Bowl caliber team, known for its offense.

2nd team LBs - well, they're exactly what we thought. At least they're good STers.

I liked what I saw. I watched a game where two teams were playing with leashes on, but playing as hard as they could. We stood up to one of best teams in the NFL. Our offense must get better and I believe we see Rosenfels by week 3, becasue if it remains flat then we must remove the one constant for the betterment of the unit. The defense will be the heart and soul of this team and I have no problem with that as it makes a QB change more palatable.

Looking forward to watch a second time.

K.D. said:

There were two sacks on Carr. On the 1st, he rolled right, didn't see anything he was comfortable with, juked on D player, should have thrown it away but held on and got hit coughing up the ball which luckily bounced out of bounds. Bad decision by Carr--should have thrown it away after juking the 1st guy. The 2nd sack was on Wiegert IMO--he set up for an outside rush and the guy beat him easily on a n inside move to get Carr. The int. was a short pass to Lundy--should have just been thrown away. Unlucky bounce off the defender and a great play by another D guy got the INT.

Hard to tell about the coverage since they show little down field until the ball is released. Carr looked hesitant though and went to the RB's TE's frequently though--Sage did as well later on.

A little of both. We had good pressure at times. IMO the refs badly missed not throwing an intentional grounding flag at one point as Plummer was being hit high and low. He was pressured quite a few times but did a good job evading sacks.

]

im not here to pass judgment on poor play but there was plenty of it to go around.
im just amazed as why coach Kubiak wouldn't allow david to pass in our own redzone weird. or when we were in our inside our own 10 1 and 17 i believe you would think coach would try and make some yards but three runs in a row that's not a very confident coach at least not in his QB.

my impression is that this is not the same Texans team we've been force fed the past four seasons. the 1st team defense looks really good, although if they sustain injurys and have to go 2nd & 3rd stringers (the run defense looked poor late in the game) they will still have problems closing out games and stopping game ending, clock eating drives.

offensively Sage seems to have a better grasp of the offense and is more effective once inside the red zone than David Carr. while the line is much improved there is still work to do, several costly penaltys and failure to pick up blitzes, but at least there is now some talent to work with.

special teams seems about the same.

Grid said:
No we never went for the endzone.. And I dont think that was all Carr either. I think we made a conscious decision to take the 3 points and head to the lockerroom.

I might be mistaken, but weren't we going to go for it on 4th and 1 at the end of the 2nd quarter, but then there was a false start so we settled for the FG?

This is my thoughts:

Offense played poorly the first 20 or 25 minutes, but there in the last about 5-10 minutes in the second half and the first 5 in the third quarter, Carr looked in sync and the offense looked very solid. If they keep the first team in I think we keep having big drives.

The defense was great today. Lewis Sanders got schooled early in the game but after the first drive where Elam missed the field goal we were rock solid. Sure, there was a good play here and there by Denver, but that's going to happen.

Demeco Ryans was extremely impressive. This guy will be the starter for the next ten years. He was all over the ball. I haven't seen the stats yet but he had to have a ton of tackles.

I don't buy this Sage is better than Carr garbage. I finally get to see a game live and I've got to say that Carr looked fairly solid at the end of his playing time. He started off a little rocky, but got a lot better as playing digressed. 15/22, 128 yards, and that interception that was total luck for the defense, was an overall pretty good game for Carr. The only play I really strongly disagree with Carr was the run for the fumble, but he knows he did wrong, he even said it on TV, and I see him learning from these experiences. This is what the preseason is for.

Wali Lundy impressed me a lot. He seemed to get solid catches and solid yardage on rushing attempts even if there was no running room. I think he's got a leg up on Morency, but Morency made some nice blocks on passing downs except for that one missed block where Denver got a sack. They both run with a lot of power and I think if we have both of them getting significant playing time they will stay healthy and we will have a very effective running game.

Overall I think this game was a sign of good things to come. If the offense can stay in sync like the starters did near the end of their playing time, and the defense plays like they did today, we are looking good.

thank you guys for the replies, hope I'm not asking to many ? for ya'll, but what kind of route was the td throw from sage to lewis? was. was it a rollout or in pocket. The only sack I think came from cochran, did he blow thru the line and got'em or was a coverage sack.:brickwall

K.D. said:
thank you guys for the replies, hope I'm not asking to many ? for ya'll, but what kind of route was the td throw from sage to lewis? was. was it a rollout or in pocket. The only sack I think came from cochran, did he blow thru the line and got'em or was a coverage sack.:brickwall

Cochran got a sack on Cutler when he tried to convert the 3rd on the ground. He did come flying off a block to do it, at least.

K.D. said:

The TD to Lewis looked like a stop and go route where the defender slipped and Lewis was wide open in the endzone. Sage was in a normal drop in the pocket.

K.D. said:
thank you guys for the replies, hope I'm not asking to many ? for ya'll, but what kind of route was the td throw from sage to lewis?

Fake post and then go corner. The DB slipped leaving Lewis open.

Kaiser Toro said:
Looking forward to watch a second time.

If you would, watch our o-lineman coming off the ball at the snap and let me know if something stands out. I want to know if I'm seeing things.

First thing I want to say...... that first run to the left, with Spencer leading the way.............. now I get it..... If that's what he can do...... ok, I'm with you guys on that..... let's hope Spencer wins the starting job, because I can't imagine Wand doing that.

Second...... Carr...... he's not even looking downfield, and the two(3??) times he threw it downfield........... bad throws. in fact, they were all bad throws. he's got guys reaching, twisting, jumping, diving for no reason.

Was it Moulds down the left side, when that midget jumped up and knocked it out of his hands?? Moulds had to jump and fade to the outside, into the corner, and there was no reason for that.... he didn't need that much air under it, there was no safety, & Moulds(AJ??) had position.

I'm still confident that he'll turn around..... but I'd like to see him get a touchdown against a first team defense in the first quarter.

Again, we were more GreenBay than DenverSouth... but that's understandable.

And while I like our Linebackers, they looked like crap compared to Denvers...... in time, I know..... in time.

But Polk needs to go..... I know we are kinda thin at LineBaker, but we need to get rid of Polk.... he is really hurting our team.

Sanders........ didn't look too bad.... I hope he played today, to punish Buchanon for his PI last week.

& if you are CC Brown, and you see the QB flushed out of the pocket, and a Tightend streaking across the middle, don't you think you need to get close to him??

I was unimpressed with Carr the 1st few series, but more unimpressed with the conservative play calling early. Carr is going to make a few bonehead mistakes in the game and you can count on him to at least twice during a game hold onto the ball too much. He relatively doesn't throw interceptions because of that, then again he doesn't let the WR make the plays either. Speaking of big plays, was it me or did Moulds look like Keyshawn Johnson on the deep route...slow and old. And Andre Johnson had better perform better on 1 on 1 deep throw situations....especially against guys that are 5'8!!!! That guy completely out-jumped Andre to knock down the ball. Andre had better run faster to the edge on reverses too, a linebacker beat him to the line. One positive out of this oofense was the ability to convert on 3rd down. Carr also found a TE, YEAH!!!! Sage was equally bad his first few series, and trust me you can tell the difference in talent from 1st string to 2nd, but Sage finds blown coverages. You will see Sage this year at some point because offensive pass protection won't be there, that will be interesting. Tthe defense was good, but a few miscues by Denver made them better than what they were. Ryans is a great surprise in the middle.

When did Denver start putting their second team defense in??

And I Know TJ will catch some slack for his penalties..... but if you go back and watch the StL game, he was getting great jumps off the snap.....he was in his mans face, before the center got up... looked pretty awesome.

So...... him getting his penalties today, I figured he was trying to get the same advantage...... that dang Plummer is a little crafty though.

1.is david carr the worst starting qb in the league? if not who is?

2. will ryans have a bigger impact on this defense than mario williams this year?

SESupergenius said:
Speaking of big plays, was it me or did Moulds look like Keyshawn Johnson on the deep route...slow and old. And Andre Johnson had better perform better on 1 on 1 deep throw situations....especially against guys that are 5'8!!!! That guy completely out-jumped Andre to knock down the ball.

Moulds was slow off the snap to set his guy up. Carr in an example of something he is not supposed to be able to do put a lot of air under the ball in an early thrown ball. 50/50 fault in my book going down to still figuring each other out. Moulds showed plenty of speed on the 2nd half of the route.

At first I was down on AJ for not making a play on that ball but looking at it closer he just got a little unbalanced such that he couldn't jump. Carr had every right to think AJ should have made that play because 80%+ he does. Just an off play--IMO a giant piece of going from a losing team to a winning team is having more of those close plays fall our way. Gonna take a while to click though.

thunderkyss said:
When did Denver start putting their second team defense in??

And I Know TJ will catch some slack for his penalties..... but if you go back and watch the StL game, he was getting great jumps off the snap.....he was in his mans face, before the center got up... looked pretty awesome.

So...... him getting his penalties today, I figured he was trying to get the same advantage...... that dang Plummer is a little crafty though.

I'm pretty sure Denver started pulling their first teamers right around the 10-8 minutes left point in the third quarter. When the first teams were in, the score was 10-6. That's pretty darn good considering this is a playoff team we were playing.

cbnjwill said:
1.is david carr the worst starting qb in the league? if not who is?

Phillip Rivers, Charlie Frye, and Chris Simms spring immediately to mind. I'm not an Aaron Brooks fan. Perhaps J.P. Losman is in this category, too.

Pass coverage looked better but still needs to improve.

D-Line looked good against a very good O-Line both with the pressure and holding them to about 100 yards rushing.

DeMeco in the second round may be the steal of the draft this year (8 solo tackles)

Carr and Company start too slow, but were looking better as the game progressed.

Losing to a team like Denver by only a field goal makes me think we are ahead of schedule.

Honestly I've got quite a few positive first impressions despite the loss.

For starters the first team defense looked much better. Ryans is a heck of a player, and by far our best LB. He's got good instincts, but he's still going to make his share of rookie mistakes.

I really liked the pressure we were able to put on the QB with Babin and Peek at the DE positions, and Mario and Weaver inside.

Mario looked very good tonight. On the sack by Ryans Mario was doubled which allowed Demeco to have a free run at Plummer. There were plenty of other plays where Mario helped make plays for other guys. On another play Mario was one on one with Denver's RG, and he manhandled him pushing him back at the QB. I'll have to look again to see if it was with the 1st or 2nd team OLine. Impressive nonetheless.

The offense looked shaky early on, but there was something to be said about the two or three long drives. You'd like to come out with more than field goals, and frankly they'll have to get it into the endzone before they'll start winning consistently. I'm not as negative about the offense's performance since Denver's D has probably seen 80 to 90% of our plays day in and day out at training camp for the past few years.

The OLine started off shaky, but came together as the game progressed. Still too many penalties for my taste.

David is going to have to get used to seeing pressure because the Eagles will likely bring tons of it early on in the opener until he shows he can make them pay for blitzing.

I like what I've seen of Daniels thus far in the preseason. In all honesty when they announced him as the Texans pick in the 4th round I thought it was a headscratcher of a pick. Looks like ol' Kubes knows what he's doing after all.

Speaking of TE that Tony Scheffler kid is going to be a star for Denver.

I thought Sanders did an okay job in coverage tonight with the obvious exception of the play where Plummer slipped. It looked as though Sanders stopped covering Smith after seeing Plummer fall leaving Smith wide open when Plummer popped back up. I still wish Faggins was healthy.

All in all I'm pleased with the Texans performance. We hung in there against a very talented Denver team who had a good idea of what we were trying to do out there on most every play. In previous meetings with the Broncos they handed it to us pretty handily. This team looks much better than it has ever looked, but we still might be fortunate to get more than 6 wins.

ok ill give you frye but seriously id take rivers in a heartbeat right now over carr and might take simms as well

The route was a slant and go, this offense is predicated on the slant. Rod Smith has been doing it for years, that's gonna be Andre's bread and butter, and with the proper timing the slant and go is gonna be a big play maker. It's slant hard pump fake, burn upfield. If Lewis makes it look that easy Andre is gonna have a field day.

On David's INT he had #43 wide open in the middle for a dump off. I don't know how he didn't see it because his head was turned that way before he looked right and Uncle Rico'ed it to Lundy.

Why didn't Carr throw it OB on that rollout? :confused:

Our OL is slightly better but Wiegert is not good. Our tackles are going to get beat a ton.

Sterling Sharpe is a moron.

Vernand Morency needs to start.

Defensively we look better, but our backup linebackers are terrible.

Peek is going to get some personal foul calls again. Whether it's his fault or not he puts himself in that position.

Kris Brown scares me.

Anthony Weaver?

David Carr better play the whole Tampa game because he needs it.

Ok, here are my impressions before I rewatch it.

Carr - I couldn't say anything different than what has been said about him already. I don't think he's a lost cause, though. Kubiak said on the post-game interview tonight that "Troy and I will sit down" with him and figure out a way to get David to start off the game faster. I will give up on Carr when Kubes does . . . not before.

And an interesting statement by Kubes in the interview. He said that the slow start was somewhat his own fault with the playcalling. (I'm really starting to respect this man.)

Andre Johnson - why is it that this guy who has 4.3 speed never gets open downfield? Does it always have to be jumpball situation when Carr does throw to him? I don't know. For such an 'elite' receiver who is given such a God-like status around here, you'd think he'd do more to hold up his end. Can you say 'overrated'?

Defense - really impressed tonight. Front 4 got good pressure. Mario is playing better and better. Demeco Ryans is a stud! Lewis Sanders should be the starting corner opposite Dunta. Am really impressed with the defense overall. We should be in every game this year just with what the D is doing?

wags said:
On David's INT he had #43 wide open in the middle for a dump off. I don't know how he didn't see it because his head was turned that way before he looked right and Uncle Rico'ed it to Lundy.

Why didn't Carr throw it OB on that rollout? :confused:
wags said:
Uncle Rico :yahoo:

Yea Carr looked like 2005 the first 25 min of the game.

Carr started out slow, but look at his history, His QB rating shoots up as the game goes along. It's just the QB he is, he has always seemed to start out slow.

Moulds should have caught the floater Carr threw down the left side line in the 2nd quarter. Mounds wasn't running hard early in the route and Carr put right where he had too.

C.C. Brown was laying some wood on people. I love a FS that hits hard!

Ryans was the highlight of the game for the Texans, this kid can play!

Dunta Robinson seemed to be playing too loose on his man. I'm not sure if he's not use to having a pass rush, but he seemed to be in 05 mode, b/c he cushion was too big IMO. We actually have a front 7 this year, press your man please!

The OC has to run plays to get the WRs in the game earlier. I like seeing Carr check down, but damn, throw a ball to a WR in the first quarter please.

There were a lot of rookie mistakes, Spencer's hold, Owen's false start, Ryan's took a couple of wrong paths on running plays, Mario looked lost on a couple of run plays ran his direction.

But luckly this is just our 3rd preseason game with totally new Offensive and Defensive schemes and 5 rookies started on 1st teams. So things are looking up

AggieTexanFan said:
Carr started out slow, but look at his history, His QB rating shoots up as the game goes along. It's just the QB he is, he has always seemed to start out slow.

I'm sorry, but that is just not good enough. Manning the most important position on a football team, only playing ok for half the game is just not good enough. Slow start, late comeback, call it what you will, but the QB position demands consistancy, something Carr has never been too good at.

I'll give Carr to the midseason, if he has not fixed this flaw then I'm all for benching him.

I was happy with our defensive effort against Denver. They looked fast and hard hitting; extra kudos to Ryans.

The offense looked out of sync, but some of that may have been due to Denver's tough defense and their familiarity with our system.

Back