Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan-Steeler Prediction....

disaacks3 said:
Steelers - 33
Texans - 10

I'll take the over on that. Want to make a side bet?--6 pack of the winner's favorite beer for + or - 13 points? Deliverable at the Blue/Platinum Crew before the next home game.

45-9 Steelers

Another anemic performance by the offense .... and the defense cant keep the Steelers out of the end zone like they did the Bills .... I'd much like to eat some crow on this one :pigfly:

corrosion said:
45-9 Steelers

Another anemic performance by the offense .... and the defense cant keep the Steelers out of the end zone like they did the Bills .... I'd much like to eat some crow on this one :pigfly:

No way Pittsburgh scored 45 points, unless the Texans really don't show up on defense at all. Pittsburgh gets a lead, they body punch with the rushing game.

Mongoose

Exascor said:
Low scoring and hopefully competetive game.

Pittsburgh 17
Houston 13

basicly I agree with you but even lower scoring-
Pittsburgh 15
Houston 13

the Texans defense will be up to the task and the offense shows improvement

key's to the game will be turnovers and who can capitalize :texans:

p.s. I may have missed the Texans score last week but did predict that Buffalo would score 22 points, for what its worth :)

Mongoose said:
No way Pittsburgh scored 45 points, unless the Texans really don't show up on defense at all. Pittsburgh gets a lead, they body punch with the rushing game.

Mongoose

Poor field position ..... Turnovers in the red zone will lead to Touchdowns Vs. the Steelers ..... No Field goals against that O-line .... They may pull an OU and not throw a pass the whole second half ....

COOL V said:
Maybe G-Funk(Walker) will actually get to the QB(Rothlisburger) and he'll get hurt and Pitt will have to send in Maddox. The Steelers get a boost and win 38-10. Who hurt Maddox to begin with??? Was it us??? Anyone have a copy of the last time we played Pitt, please send Capers a copy so he can actually have a Gameplan...

the last time the Texans played the Steelers was Tommy's first game back after almost being paralyzed in a game against the Titans......game planning did not win that game....Tommy had two passes intercepted and ran back for TDs by Glenn and also fumbled and it was returned for a TD.....

Oh and the name is Roethlisberger......

CoolieMan said:
the last time the Texans played the Steelers was Tommy's first game back after almost being paralyzed in a game against the Titans......game planning did not win that game....Tommy had two passes intercepted and ran back for TDs by Glenn and also fumbled and it was returned for a TD.....

LOL we actually used an extreme version of the Steelers victory formula.

Your right game planning didn't win that game. Just like the Steelers didn't out game plan the Titans last week. They cause 5 turnovers and didn't turn the ball over once.

LBC_Justin said:
LOL we actually used an extreme version of the Steelers victory formula.

Your right game planning didn't win that game. Just like the Steelers didn't out game plan the Titans last week. They cause 5 turnovers and didn't turn the ball over once.

Uhh....running the ball down the Titans throat was the game plan....granted the turnovers were a big part...but if the Titans could have stopped the running game of the Steelers, they might have had a chance....

CoolieMan said:
Uhh....running the ball down the Titans throat was the game plan....granted the turnovers were a big part...but if the Titans could have stopped the running game of the Steelers, they might have had a chance....
LOL that isn't a game plan.
The Steelers just have a stable of good running backs and an O-line to die for. Add to that an effective defense, that causes turnovers and can score points. Every team plans on "running the ball down the opponents throat", it doesn't work like that.

From what I have seen the Steelers win with Superior Exectuion, not Superior Game Planning.

LBC_Justin said:
LOL that isn't a game plan.
The Steelers just have a stable of good running backs and an O-line to die for. Add to that an effective defense, that causes turnovers and can score points. Every team plans on "running the ball down the opponents throat", it doesn't work like that.

From what I have seen the Steelers win with Superior Exectuion, not Superior Game Planning.

but they are executing their GAME PLAN....they PLAN on running the ball...then go out and do it....and isn't the Steelers defensive game plan to put pressure on the other team and try to cause turnovers.....again...they execute their GAME PLAN.....

With Ben R. playing:

Steelers 27
Texans 10

Without Ben R. playing

Steelers 17
Texans 10

With Ditka on Texans:
Texans 132
Steelers 3

With a Mini Ditka on Texans:
Texans 103
Steelers 7

With Michael Jordan and Ditka on Texans;
Texans 152
Steelers 0

CoolieMan said:
but they are executing their GAME PLAN....they PLAN on running the ball...then go out and do it....and isn't the Steelers defensive game plan to put pressure on the other team and try to cause turnovers.....again...they execute their GAME PLAN.....

CoolieMan said:

Well then I guess the Texans beat the Steelers last time by following their game plan. Which was put pressure on the QB, cause turnovers and score points.

LBC_Justin said:
Well then I guess the Texans beat the Steelers last time by following their game plan. Which was put pressure on the QB, cause turnovers and score points.

defesively sure....but the offense didn't do ****.....I pray for a Steeler victory this sunday so I can forget that game ever happened.....

Remember last time we went to your HOUSE?

everyone picked you to win.

how easy you forget.

Come on Texans fans! You gonna roll over and let these punks come in here with Maddox and talk smack! LOL

Its a new week, HOME OPENER...........

lets get fired up and BEAT these STEELERS!!!

GO TEXANS!

rocka21 said:
Remember last time we went to your HOUSE?

everyone picked you to win.

how easy you forget.

Come on Texans fans! You gonna roll over and let these punks come in here with Maddox and talk smack! LOL

Its a new week, HOME OPENER...........

lets get fired up and BEAT these STEELERS!!!

GO TEXANS!

No one who matters has forgotten that game....

CoolieMan said:
.....I pray for a Steeler victory this sunday so I can forget that game ever happened.....

We wont let you forget .... Every Year we will remind you when you come to our board :texflag: .... Small victories are victories just the same :cool:

corrosion said:
We wont let you forget .... Every Year we will remind you when you come to our board :texflag: .... Small victories are victorries just the same :cool:

True.....but if the Steelers win convincingly this weekend...I'll have something to come back with.....

Bottle-O-Bud said:
Were not good enough for even steelers fans to bash on..... we have sunk so low!!! :drool: :drool: :yahoo:

You guys have been bashing yourselves so much already....it kinda takes the fun out of messing with you.....

CoolieMan said:
You guys have been bashing yourselves so much already....it kinda takes the fun out of messing with you.....

Its kinda hard to talk much trash when you dont think your team can back it up :cool:

Ohhhh, you guys for the most part are irritating! :club: I for ONE am gonna wear my jersey with pride and scream as loud as I can for MY team WIN or LOSE sunday. I'm not gonna crawl in a hole and bury my face. Whether I agree or disagree with the horrendous play calling, bad coaching or substandard OL . . .they'll get it together eventually. And I'll be there when they do!

GO TEXANS :texflag: :texans: :texflag:

everyone will be screaming for them at the start of the game, but after a few series, a funk will spread through the stands. Anger, frustration, embarrassment, and hopelessness will overcome the city.

Afterwards, we'll hear "We just didn't execute, we didn't get it done, we just have to play better, etc. etc."

But don't lose all hope, the last 4 games of the season are against mediocre teams... by then our defense will have improved and even capers might resort to some creativity on offense by then. I still look for us to win at least 3 of our last 4 games. :)

Its not the people on this message board that you should be worried about. Even though we all complain and point out what we think is wrong with the team these are THE fans of the Texans. 99% of the posters here would still be posting if we go 0-16 and still show up at the games in their Texans gear. Its the casual fans that we should be worried about loosing. I love having pride in my team and selling out every home game is awsome. I know i'll still be going to the games even if we dont improve, but there are thousands of others who wont.

I've got it. Last week was meant to look bad. It was Caper's grand plan. He wanted us to be the laughing stock of the league for one week before we dominated every other team we play. This week we open up the playbook and come at the steelers from every direction on defense. Even DD and Murphy pick up the blocks. Next week we will all forget that we even played Buffalo, and we will crush Pittsburg so badly, all of the networks and internet polls will put us in the top 10.

Texans86 said:
I've got it. Last week was meant to look bad. It was Caper's grand plan. He wanted us to be the laughing stock of the league for one week before we dominated every other team we play. This week we open up the playbook and come at the steelers from every direction on defense. Even DD and Murphy pick up the blocks. Next week we will all forget that we even played Buffalo, and we will crush Pittsburg so badly, all of the networks and internet polls will put us in the top 10.

EXACTLY!

Back