Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tennessee Titans

3960AD

Noob
I just remembered we'll have to face Vince Young twice a year. This guy must be :yahoo: .....

I like what the titans did, Vince Young and Lendale White. Thats a dangerous combination...

3960AD said:
I just remembered we'll have to face Vince Young twice a year. This guy must be :yahoo: .....

I like what the titans did, Vince Young and Lendale White. Thats a dangerous combination...

Lendale White has a hamstring injury that has plagued him throughout his college career, he has a questionable work ethic and he is overweight. Young is a project who may never pan out. The Texans certainly shouldn't be afraid of them.

Bobo said:
Lendale White has a hamstring injury that has plagued him throughout his college career, he has a questionable work ethic and he is overweight. Young is a project who may never pan out. The Texans certainly shouldn't be afraid of them.

I'm not. Lendale is a joke. The true danger of VY remains to be seen.

I'm not saying I'm worried, but I love how people say Lendale is a joke, he has steal written all over him. Hmm....Lendale can't play, because he packed on a couple of pounds and wasn't able to run a 40, but the same people that question Lendale, were saying he would be more successful the Reggie after the Rosebowl, because he was a inside runner and I quote "could run inbetween the tackles and drive the pile", but now lets just throw out what he did because he gained a little weight.

Again, even though it pains me to say it the Titans got a steal.

3960AD said:

I dont see how len dale is so...scary, honestly when i saw them draft him my 1st reaction was wow thats a good combo..and i kinda wanted the texans to draft him to cool down the reggie young mob from burning down Carr's house. Then again after thinking about it and looking at the running backs infront of him i knew that len dale wasnt getting 25 carries a game.

New_Texans said:
I dont see how len dale is so...scary, honestly when i saw them draft him my 1st reaction was wow thats a good combo..and i kinda wanted the texans to draft him to cool down the reggie young mob from burning down Carr's house. Then again after thinking about it and looking at the running backs infront of him i knew that len dale wasnt getting 25 carries a game.

How many backs honestly get 25 carries a game, the "25 carry back" term gets thrown around alot, but if you look at the stats, it really doesn't exist in today's NFL

Carr Bomb said:
How many backs honestly get 25 carries a game, the "25 carry back" term gets thrown around alot, but if you look at the stats, it really doesn't exist in today's NFL

Um the elite ones.

But i meant that in a way in which the other touches will be with the other 2 tennesee RBs
(Chris Brown and Travis Henry)

New_Texans said:
Um the elite ones.

But i meant that in a way in which the other touches will be with the other 2 tennesee RBs
(Chris Brown and Travis Henry)

That makes no sense, are you saying that there is a back that is a 25 carry back, because the closest one to it (23 carries) was Alexander and he came up lame during a playoff game or is your argument that teams avg. 25 carries a game, which btw many teams do, becuase in todays day in age this is a league that splits carries and has two capable backs.

kaloo said:
two words ROSE BOWL :rolleyes:

Three words...fourth and one.

Let's see, Cowher needed a big back. Thought so much of Biscuit that he jumped up and took...a smurf WR. Nuff said. There's a REASON that stone rolled and gathered no moss. Outside of our third round, the best news of day one. Titans take an under motivated spoiled gimpy over weight back. Yeah baby that's gonna work !!! And know what, if Reese hadn't steped in, that stone would still be a' rollin' .

Carr Bomb said:
Larry Jonhson, Ahman Green, Ladainian Thomlinson, Steve Jackson, Sean Alexander, Cadilac Williams, ..... That's eight off the top of my head. And I'm too tired to do the research. Where's Texan's Chick ? That gal's smart.

threetoedpete said:
Larry Jonhson, Ahman Green, Ladainian Thomlinson, Steve Jackson, Sean Alexander, Cadilac Williams, ..... That's eight off the top of my head. And I'm too tired to do the research. Where's Texan's Chick ? That gal's smart.
none of the backs you just mentioned avg. 25 carries a game. Alexander only had like 4 or 5 games where he went over 25 carries

threetoedpete said:
Three words...fourth and one.

Let's see, Cowher needed a big back. Thought so much of Biscuit that he jumped up and took...a smurf WR. Nuff said. There's a REASON that stone rolled and gathered no moss. Outside of our third round, the best news of day one. Titans take an under motivated spoiled gimpy over weight back. Yeah baby that's gonna work !!! And know what, if Reese hadn't steped in, that stone would still be a' rollin' .

Again, look at what Lendale did in college, look at the tape, thats all I care about. Kids make mistakes all the time and theres no doubt that Lendale made a huge mistake leading up to the draft. As far as being labeled unmotivated and lazy, those same things were said about Bettis and how the hell can you bash a RB because he was stopped on 4th and one, every back in this draft was dropped in the backfield sometime in their college career.

Again the Titans got a steal and the only reason why people are trying to bash this move is because its a divisional rival.

Who knows how he will do. Stats wise he was comparable to Bush, only 10 yards difference. Only time will tell.
Between Lendale, Brown, and Travis Henry, hopefully someone will get the job done.......

It's definitely a steal. However, my main objective of this post was to conclude how excited VY would be, to have to play the team he really wanted to go to. I could see the media now... focusing the entire game on Super Mario v The Vinceman. Either way, VY was a good pick for the Titans at the 3 spot and MW was the same for us. Our DL needs help and they have no QB.

In reference to Lendale White, we're forgetting that they have Norm Chow. Norm Chow could really, in my opinion make VY and LW look better than they really are with his offensive talent. A lot of the great offensive minds can do that. Look at Denver with all those RBs.

I believe they picked up LW for the same reason they selected VY. VY reminded them of a young Steve McNair, but potentially better. I think LW reminded them of a young Eddie George. Ok, not his sculpture, but running style and both are roughly the same size.

Back