Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tenn QB Simms charged with DWS

brakos82

Yaters Gonna Yate.
Driving While Stoned.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/chris_simms_arrested_on_driving_wWRUJkveAVjo84Cvb6q2kO

Tennessee Titans quarterback Chris Simms, son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms, was arrested this morning on charges of driving while stoned. Simms was observed with red eyes, flushed face and slurred speech at around 2 a.m., according to a source. Simms was recently signed by the Titans after spending the last few years with the Broncos and Buccaneers.

funny-picture-photo-Columbia-marijuana-light-aforero-pic.jpg

Driving While Stoned.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/chris_simms_arrested_on_driving_wWRUJkveAVjo84Cvb6q2kO

Tennessee Titans quarterback Chris Simms, son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms, was arrested this morning on charges of driving while stoned. Simms was observed with red eyes, flushed face and slurred speech at around 2 a.m., according to a source. Simms was recently signed by the Titans after spending the last few years with the Broncos and Buccaneers.

funny-picture-photo-Columbia-marijuana-light-aforero-pic.jpg

Why, I never...

DWS, hmmm. What's a mother to do?? Can't even burn a bud of hydro while driving around in the Big Apple anymore. WTF??:penalty:

Wow, are tax dollars at work here.

The cop who who arrested him for this should be the laughing stock at his police station.

I'm pretty sure that this case will get thrown out of court.

Where in the story does this say that he was a huge hazard on the road? And you don't get a slurred speech from smoking pot. That tells me that this officer is trying to make it seem like Simms was in some drunken type of state. And this is a terrible precedent to set. If this kind of thing were to become more common for officers to arrest people for this, then any police could arrest you for this any time they want. They could just say that they felt that you were stoned and had to get you off of the road. It would be one of the most simple arrests that they could make.

Wow, are tax dollars at work here.

The cop who who arrested him for this should be the laughing stock at his police station.

I'm pretty sure that this case will get thrown out of court.

Why? He was stopped at a checkpoint, reeked of tree and even admitted he was smoking it in the car.

Probably because of the original question I asked in this thread, how do you prove he was stoned?

Basically, because he said he was! From the link above

Simms reeked of marijuana and admitted to officers he had smoked earlier in the car, a source said.

He was so high that he could only mutter to the officers, the source said.

Where in the story does this say that he was a huge hazard on the road? And you don't get a slurred speech from smoking pot. That tells me that this officer is trying to make it seem like Simms was in some drunken type of state. And this is a terrible precedent to set. If this kind of thing were to become more common for officers to arrest people for this, then any police could arrest you for this any time they want. They could just say that they felt that you were stoned and had to get you off of the road. It would be one of the most simple arrests that they could make.

So a question for you - when someone gets pulled over at a checkpoint, and the officer genuinely believes they are "Stoned" on pot, what do you believe is the proper response on the part of the officer?

If an officer believes a person is stoned they usually do the "hold up a small light and move it side to side and observe the suspects eyes" deal. Usually the eyes are a dead give away for somebody being stoned but if they actually don't find any evidence (bag of weed, roaches, etc) they need a blood test of some kind to prove it is in their system, or a confession.

Slurred speech sounds like he was drinking as well, and red eyes point to either really.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Chris Simms was busted early this morning in the West Village driving high on marijuana with his 8-months pregnant wife in the passenger seat, The Post has learned.

Simms and his wife Danielle, both 29 of Nashville, were stopped as Simms drove their 2009 Mercedes Benz through an NYPD Manhattan South Task Force checkpoint on W. Houston Street at about 1:35 a.m., according to a source.

Simms reeked of marijuana and admitted to officers he had smoked earlier in the car, a source said.

"He was muttering," a source told The Post.

AP
Chris Simms
He also had red eyes, flushed face and slurred speech, sources added.

No drugs were found on Simms or in the car, and his wife, Danielle, was allowed to take the car home.

Simms was arrested and spent this morning getting booked.

He is currently awaiting arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court on charges of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by marijuana.

The misdemeanor charge carries a maximum fine of $1,000 and up to one year in jail.

"We are aware of the reports and are in the process of gathering more information," said Robbie Bohren, team director of media relations, when asked about Simms’ arrest.

Simms is the son of former 1987 Super Bowl MVP Phil Simms and graduated from Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, N.J., where he was a standout quarterback twice named an All-State honoree. He went on to play college ball for the Longhorns at the University of Texas in Austin.

Professionally, he has also played for the Denver Broncos and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has struggled to regain starter status since rupturing his spleen while playing for Tampa in 2005.

In April, he signed a one-year contract with the Titans, where he formerly played in 2008.

Phil Simms is now a football analyst with CBS and has a second son, Matt, who also pla

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._driving_wWRUJkveAVjo84Cvb6q2kO#ixzz0sSjkh7oc

Posted story because the most the questions/comments were answered in the full text article.

He is currently awaiting arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court on charges of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by marijuana.

The misdemeanor charge carries a maximum fine of $1,000 and up to one year in jail.

I don't smoke, but when I have been around it, I never have known someone to get slurred speech from mary Jane. alcohol, yeah, very much so...

so with that said.. that fine is light compared to if they busted him with a DWI (assuming Tenn has about the same fines as what is in Texas) ..and I don't know how that looks when you have a pregnant person in the car with you

MJ does not really cause classic "slurred speech." But, many times it is recognized as such due to its underlying slowing of reaction time, difficulty in concentrating and maintaining train of thought. All of these affect otherwise normal speech into multiple broken patterns of losing train of thought in mid sentence....................not unlike, and perceived by many as "slurred speech."

Really it's not slurred speech. It would be the random addition of "dude" "man" and "totally" into every sentence that would be the tipoff.

MJ does not really cause classic "slurred speech." But, many times it is recognized as such due to its underlying slowing of reaction time, difficulty in concentrating and maintaining train of thought. All of these affect otherwise normal speech into multiple broken patterns of losing train of thought in mid sentence....................not unlike, and perceived by many as "slurred speech."

What were you talking about?

:jk:

LOL.

I think it's hilarious that he was stopped at a checkpoint on HOUSTON St.

Man, Bud Adams needs to get some babysitters for his players. Shirtless tequila parties, and now a backup QB stoned out while driving.

Simms should have just gave the cop the middle finger like his owner did. LOL.

BTW: Way to go, having your 8-months-pregnant wife in there with you. It says he admits smoking in the car earlier. Was she in there, too, or not?

good thing you put Simms in the title

if I saw this title

Tenn QB charged with DWS ...

one might think charged with Driving With Sausage.
:runaway:

Now Simms says he didn't do something as stupid as smoking weed. He says he did something as stupid as smoking cigarettes.:kitten:

LINK

Oh, so now it's the old "Well, things aren't what they seem to be" trick, eh?

LOL.

OK, OK, Chris. I believe you. Two cops conspired to ruin you.

Probably because of the original question I asked in this thread, how do you prove he was stoned?

All they have to prove is that he was impaired. You can be convicted of driving under the influence of even a prescription drug.

Oh and for the pot heads out there, I don't want to hear how you drive better when you're stoned (and btw, I am pro-legalization of the MaryJane). If you have a buzz, of any sort, stay off my ****ing roads!!

Must have been some good Shiite!

Nothing wrong with good shiiiiiiiiiite... Just sit your ass home, a friends house, or take a taxi home.

Do I think Simms is a bad person? Hardly, but definetly irresponsible!

Nothing wrong with good shiiiiiiiiiite... Just sit your ass home, a friends house, or take a taxi home.

Do I think Simms is a bad person? Hardly, but definetly irresponsible!

totally agree with ya bud!

If you've ever been to Manhatten you'd know it's a challenging place to drive
in the daylight hours when you've wide-awake with all of your wits about you.
So to do so at 1 in the AM, stoned on grass requires some incredibly poor judgement and/or the brain of a rock.

All they have to prove is that he was impaired.

It varies by state but usually there is a two part test - either be over the limit or display being impaired in the operation of the vehicle while under the influence. Some states have specific rules on the display in the operation of the vehicle. Remember a few years ago Steve McNair got busted for DUI. He got off because while the officer said he was weaving he did not leave his own lane.

Back